Pokemon Center Now Offering “Pikachu with Grey Felt Hat” Promo!

I associate this card art with very cursed energy now - chaos, greed, and incompetence.
Wrong target demographic reached - scalpers who don’t care for the franchise, hoping to make big bucks off them online if they list them first.

I associate this card art with very cursed energy now - chaos, greed, and incompetence.
Wrong target demographic reached - scalpers who don’t care for the franchise, hoping to make big bucks off them online if they list them first.
And they will, because most fans didn't get them. Even at 30$ a piece. Add central Europe into the mix (I can't even buy it legitimately from germany). It's a mess

I'm really pissed by this outcome.
The museum is in the EU but the Pokémon Center doesn't ship to the EU.
You can only ship to the U.K. (who left thanks to Brexit), North America and Asia.
So the promotion card for the museum is able to be gotten by everyone but the citizens of the continent it is happening at.
This is some serious messed up stuff and if it wasn't real sounds like a joke that just isn't funny.

The scalpers and their Venezuelan buying bots have a choke hold on this community and hobby. The inevitable loop hole of selling your soul to make money and elude the IRS payments. Scalpers are scum.

The scalpers and their Venezuelan buying bots have a choke hold on this community and hobby. The inevitable loop hole of selling your soul to make money and elude the IRS payments. Scalpers are scum.
The easiest way to counteract bots would be to require having a state ID tied to your account and limiting the amounts of promos you get from one-per-order to one-per-account (in other words, mimicking what Nintendo does with their NSO-exclusive physical merch but adding in another layer of identification) but we all know that “people” would whinge and complain until TPCi decides to abandon those plans.

Just noticed it said the promotion would run until the 31th or while supplies last and yet they only had enough to last under an hour. Honestly they have to be even dumber than the people at Wizards of the Coast since at least a lot of their dumb decisions are made by the people at Hasbro. Can we change the I in TPCI officially from International to Idiots?

And it looks like some people who did order it successfully aren't getting the promo.

Jeez, this will be the cherry on top of a faeces sundae if this is any form of widespread - even one is pretty unforgivable.

Had a look at this thread and this person states they ordered sometime after 11am PST. My order was at 10.09am PST so I'm hoping I'm not affected, but will be eagerly awaiting that delivery to confirm.

Back