Writing Pokemon Blazing Horizons [Prologue and Chapters 1-3 Up]

Ardi-Yarne

Previously Kaitou Cooro

Okay. I started this story originally for a FR/LG Hack I was going to make with a friend, but I got too enthralled in the story and decided against mass producing it on the web...So here it is...Please comment. I'll be updated when I make a new chapter.

Prologue

Fourty five years after Gold, Silver, and Crys defeated Mask of Ice, the leader of Neo Team Rocket, the region of Kanto has changed for the worse. It seems like Johto and Kanto have merged together, but it hasn't. Pokemon from Johto have been migrating from Johto due to a strange phenomenon that has been leveling towns and cities, causing seas to become wild and uncontrolable, and the sky to pour rain until cities have flooded and people are stranded.

Even the legendary Pokemon have evacuated Johto, taking shelter in the seemingly safe region of Kanto. Lugia and Celebi now take refuge in the new Under Kanto, an underground location based solely under Kanto, only accessable through a difficult maze of water ways. Ho-oh resides on Cinnabar Island, protecting a new born Entei that was born when Cinnabar Volcano erupted. Raikou takes shelter in the Power Plant, keeping all Electric Types safe from danger. Suicune travels the region's water ways, protecting the Water Pokemon from harm. Mewtwo remains in the Cerulean Cave, but he has company. He now lives with Mew, the one who's DNA made him possible. The Kanto Bird Trio reside in Under Kanto, Lugia keeping them there in order to keep peace.

Team Rocket has once again been revived. The only problem is, Giovanni is dead, as is Pryce, so there is no clue as to who is the new leader. They've been watching Cinnabar Volcano from their base in Seafoam Islands, and have been planning an attack to capture the young Entei and the Ho-oh.

The Team moves out, troops surrounding the volcano. Pokemon are sent rampaging through the volcano, some being repelled back with Fire Blasts and Flamethrowers, others too large to get through the tunnels. An explosion occurs within the heart of the mountainous formation. Team Rocket has set off a bomb, causing Ho-oh and Entei to become enraged.

The two Fire Deitys roar, a glow emerging from the cave. Ho-oh let out a strong Sacred Fire, combining it with a Lava Plume emerging from Entei. Within a split second, the volcano explodes, lava flying everywhere among the region. Since all the houses and buildings were build to withstand something like this after the Cinnabar Island eruption, no one was harmed. Residents were warned to stay inside, this restriction not being lifted for a full week.

During the eruption, Team Rocket managed to escape, retreating to their new base on Birth Island. Ho-oh and Entei also escaped, but to where, no one knows.

The lava has cooled and the region has changed. Lakes are now solid land, caves are now taller, and there are more dangers filling the routes.

Chapter 1
The Beginning

The sun was rising over Pallet Town, the dew on what little shrubbery twinkled in the light. Five years had passed since the tragedy that distorted Kanto forever. Pokemon could be heard crying, just waking up from their slumber. Windows on houses reflected the sunlight onto the black walkways.

In a small house in the north east sector of the town. The door opened, revealing a ten year old. He sat on his porch and tied his shoes. He stood up after securing the laces on his footwear, and adjusted his backpack straps.

"Okay Mom, I'm leaving now. I'll call you when I get to Viridian City, okay?" The kid nodded, apparently hearing a response from his mother. He closed the door and sighed, looking up at the sky as a flock of Pidgey and Pidgeotto flew over the area.

The boy slowly made his way to the lab, now owned by Professor Gary Oak, enjoying the breeze blowing through his surroundings. Gary Oak inheirited the Laboratory after his Grandfather passed away a few years ago. Originally, his sister, Daisy, was supposed to take control of the lab, but she moved to Celadon City to get a job as a Pokemon Breeder.

Back to the story. The kid approached the door of the building, his new shoes now covered in the sooty, black ash. He knocked on the door and waited for an answer. A few minutes passed and there was still no answer. He peeked through an open window to find that no one was around. "Maybe he's in the grass, catching wild Pokemon." The boy smirked and ran off toward the exit of Pallet Town.

He was about to step into the grassy area that mysteriously remained untouched by the lava. All of a sudden an arm grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back. A figure with brown spikey hair and a white lab coat stood about the kid, staring down at him. "You kids should know better than to go into the grass without a Pokemon. Come with me to my lab and we'll discuss this."

The kid stood up and nodded, brushing the sooty ash off of him. He followed Gary Oak to his lab, keeping quiet during the walk. They entered the lab and sat down on a couch near the back of the building.

Chapter 2
Leaving the 'Pallet' Blank

"So, your name's Blaze, am I right?" Blaze nodded slightly and smiled. "Correct. I'm here to pick up my first Pokemon. I've passed all my Pokemon Academy tests and I've been certified to become a trainer." Blaze pulled out a paper with a golden seal stamped on the top and bottom right corner.

The Professor stared at the certificate and nodded, handing the paper back to Blaze. "Well first, Congratulations. Now, onto the main part. We have six starters. We normally only have three, but because of the tragedy that basically destroyed Johto, Professor Elm's grandson sent me these Johto starters, so we can keep them safe and make sure they get good trainers."

"That is an interesting story, Professor Gary Oak. I think I'll choose Cyndaquil." Blaze smiled and looks at the Professor. "Ah, excellent choice. You wait here while I go fetch the PokeBall." Gary stood up and turned toward the back of the laboratory. The Professor disappeared into a room in the back.

Thirty minutes passed, but the Professor never returned. Blaze was so tired from being up so early, he had fallen asleep on a couch in the lobby. All of a sudden, though, an explosion shook the entire building, causing Blaze to roll off the couch and onto the hard, cold, tile flooring. The teen stood up, looking around and wondering what happened.

Blaze ran to the back of the lab and knocked on the door the Professor had entered, only for the door to literally fall off its' hinges. He peered his head into the room, coughing as smoke exited the room. After the smoke cleared, he could see a giant hole in the wall, and six PokeBalls on the floor next to the Professor.

He walked over and stood by the Professor's side, wondering what could've happened. As if on cue, a robotic hand zipped through the hole in the wall and started to grab PokeBalls. Blaze stared at the PokeBalls still on the floor and made a risky decision to kick a PokeBall into the air.

The PokeBall hit the metallic hand and ricochetted into the air, hitting a wall, bouncing to the ceiling, and then landing next to Blaze. Blaze looked down at the PokeBall as the robot hand felt around for said Ball. He picked it up and threw it into the air, letting out a Cyndaquil. "How convenient. Cyndaquil, use Ember on the giant hand!" Cyndaquil complied and sent out a few flaming sparks, melting a few spots on the robotic hand.

"Keep it up Cyndaquil. Ember, Full Power!" Blaze's eyes were lit up with determination, and Cyndaquil was apparently in sync with his unofficial trainer. The fire Pokemon let out a cry before letting out a huge flame, melting the entire metal hand and causing it to explode.

"Aw drat. Retreat for now, there's nothing we can do!" "Yeah, let's get out of here before the police show up!" The voices could be heard and two figures clad in black could be seen running toward the route leaving Pallet Town.

Chapter 3
The Green Shade of 'Viridian'

The lab got quiet after the grunts left, leaving Blaze to wonder if the Professor was okay. He grabbed the Professor's arms and dragged him out of the room, which was now more rubble than a place of privacy. After setting Gary Oak in a safe place in the lobby, Blaze returned to where the attack happened and searched around for the PokeBalls. He found all of them within a matter of minutes and returned them to a shelf that was labeled 'Starter Pokemon'.

Blaze returned to the lobby and waited for Professor Oak to come to. Thirty-five minutes passed and the Professor finally woke up. Blaze jumped to the floor and crouched down next to the Professor. "Thank goodness, you're awake." The Professor looked around, seeming as if he was lost. "What happened?" "Some thugs tried to break into the lab and steal the starter Pokemon. You were knocked unconcious, but I managed to defeat them and get the PokeBalls back."

The Professor stood up and smiled. He turned around and quietly muttered something to himself as he walked back to where the Pokemon were. "Maybe he is the one...But I can't tell for sure. Time will tell if he's the one destined to save us all, or if he's just some regular trainer. I really hope he's the one who is mentioned in the prophecy. Otherwise, this whole world is doomed." The Professor grabbed Cyndaquil's Pokeball and noticed that it had recently been used. "Hm...So this is how he defeated those grunts.." He smiled and walked back out to the lobby.

"You should be happy to know that this Cyndaquil is now yours." Blaze smiled and took the PokeBall that was handed to him. "But before you can start your journey, I need you to do something for me. In the next city, Viridian, I have a package waiting for me at the PokeMart. Due to some trouble, the owner can't leave to deliver it, so I need you to retrieve it for me. Now, before you say anything, you will be rewarded if you get it for me, but I really need this package and I can't leave the lab after what happened earlier."

Blaze nodded and smiled. "Of course I'll help you." "Excellent. To get to Viridian, you need to take the northern exit of Pallet Town and head north through the route. Be careful, there are alot of wild Pokemon and it's not safe. But I'm positive you'll be able to make it through safely. Here are a couple Potions and Oran Berries to help you." The Professor handed Blaze the items and smiled. "It's getting late, so you should head out now. Don't worry about returning here until tomorrow. Stay at the Viridian City Pokemon Center for the night." "Of course, I'll see you tomorrow and I'll have the package."

Blaze put the items in his bag and attached Cyndaquil's PokeBall to his belt. He waved as he made his way out of the building. A slight breeze was blowing through Pallet as the sun began to set. Knowing he had to get to Viridian before it got dark, he took off running.

The path to Viridian was a long one, and it was very tiring to get through, but atleast he was avoiding all the wild Pokemon and trainers by staying on the main path. Within twenty minutes, he made it to the city. He noticed a sign that read "Viridian City; The Green City of Beginnings" .

Knowing it was late and the PokeMart was probably closed, he made his way to the Pokemon Center. "Welcome. You're out late. I'm Nurse Joy." Blaze approached the front desk and smiled. "Good evening." He handed his PokeBall to the Nurse and nodded as she took it. "You Pokemon will be healed and returned to you tomorrow. Would you like a room?" "Yes, ma'am. That would be nice." Blaze nodded and waited as the Nurse Joy searched for a key.

After a few minutes of searching, a key was found. "Here you go. Your room is on the second floor. While you're here, would you like to sign up for the Kanto League Championship?"

Back