Pokemon Black and White 2 Metagame Discussion

RE: Therian Genies Discussion

I wouldn't call Thundurus the "perfect" counter to VoltTurn. Its still not very bulky, and U-turn from stuff like Scizor is going to be a pain. Plus Stealth Rock if it's up.

People really like jacking up stats for BW2. First Kyurem, now the bro trio. Base 145 in Attack and Special Attack are going to be huge. That's bigger than all of the dragons, minus Haxorus. Landrous though has respectable 89/90/80 Bulk. It is going to be quite interesting to see how they play out.

EDIT: Oh. Landorus has intimidate too. Cool.

RE: The Pokémon BW2 Move Tutor Move Theorymon

Oh lawd. Poison Heal Stealth Rock Gliscor Roost Gliscor. Hide yo kids. Hide yo wives. And hide yo husbands.

I'm interested to see if anything new gets Outrage. I think that might be pretty big. Or maybe Superpower on some new physical threats could surprise Ferrothorn as it comes in.

Also, if Ferrothorn is able to get Stealth Rock tutored, it will be able to have Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Leech Seed all on the same set. O_O

Landorus-T is on a straight ride to Ubers. even higher attack? more bulk than the one that was DESIGNED to be a wall? A cool ability too? I see a really good tank here. all we need is something to get rid of Ice Shard.

Thundurus-T is gonna be top-tier OU, for the reasons stated above and also because it can fire off an HP ground to smash the things that as of now can't volt switch out.

Tornadus-T ... resoundingly meh. Regenerator is really cool, and I see the potential for a choice scarfer here, but it was designed to be a wall and then they gave better walling stats to the sweeper. UU or the bottom of OU.

Chillarmy said:
Mold Breaker lets Haxorus hit Heatran with Fire Punch, no? And Salamence and Dragonite don't have 147 base attack.

For neutral damage lol. You would be better off using Outrage since it does more damage and ACTUALLY 2HKOs.

It doesn't matter that Haxorus has 147 Attack. Dragonite has enough bulk to get in two boosts. Haxorus lacks this and only a bad player will let a Haxorus get more than one boosts.

Are these legit? I thought Tornadus was supposed to have emphasized defences? Landorus is actually more bulky!

Arcanine gets Outrage. does this seem important??

Jay said:
Too bad that Thundurus will still be Uber :(

Shaymin isn't uber but Shaymin-S is. formes don't count for tiering.

I know. I'm saying that it will be ;p

Cooltrainer Alan said:
Arcanine gets Outrage. does this seem important??

Not really. Its still got a weakness to SR, poor defensive typing, a bit too slow, and its attack isn't enough to make up for it. It doesn't even get STAB on Outrage, and dragon really isn't very good for coverage-just a single attacking type, or sheer power on those who get its STABed.

RE: Kyurem formes speculation

All three formes share the same move tutor compatability, which is:

Signal Beam
Iron Head
Earth Power
Icy Wind
Zen Headbutt
Dragon Pulse
Hyper Voice
Snore
Roost
Endeavor
Outrage
Sleep Talk

So no Ice Punch, but Roost totally makes up for it.

No Ice Punch means the fire version will probably be better. Earth Power seems interesting for some specific targets but I don't see it being regular on both forms.

I'm not sure how Thunder-Beast will turn out. On one hand, it loses Prankster and some Speed, but it gains a ridiculous Special Attack stat. I guess we'll have to wait and see if it goes Uber.
Bippa said:
I'll start by saying that Thunderus-T looks like the perfect counter to Volt Turn.
Lightning Rod Zapdos.
Puff said:
Thundurus-T is gonna be top-tier OU, for the reasons stated above and also because it can fire off an HP ground to smash the things that as of now can't volt switch out.
HP Ground against a Washtom sounds wonderful.
Tornadus-T ... resoundingly meh. Regenerator is really cool, and I see the potential for a choice scarfer here, but it was designed to be a wall and then they gave better walling stats to the sweeper. UU or the bottom of OU.
Why would you give a Scarf to something with base 121 Speed?

Wow... No Ice Punch? Anyone look at that arm and tell me if B-Kyurem can't throw a punch with it. This is the dumbest decision TrollFreak has made since not giving Earthquake to the Tao Trio...

Iron head....
Let the hax begin. That's very interesting, and I expect it to be a staple on most Kyurem-Z sets, at least the Choice ones.

I don't think so. Iron Head doesn't have the best type coverage. Without STAB, it's pretty weak, and it doesn't have Serene Grace like Jirachi does. The only notable things you hit super-effectively are Tyranitar, Cloyster, and Mamoswine, all of whom will be beat down by either Focus Blast or Stone Edge, depending on what form you're using. (Or Fusion Flare, obviously.)

Except that Stone edge doesn't hit Mamoswine and Iron head doesn't hit cloyster. I completely forgot about Serene Grace though.

First, Lightningrod Zapdos isn't released.

Second, He meant things like Raikou and Jolteon.

Third, to scout, and to outspeed things that are base 125+ or things that get to +1.

I don't really see Landbro going uber. It's still weak to anything ice. It actually loses speed. It will now lose to base 100's, which is fairly huge. Also, it still loses to rain. Base 145 Attack is great, and makes it hard to switch anything not named Rotom-W and Skarmory into, but it still has a lot of exploitable weaknesses that prevent it from going uber.

One Approved said:
First, Lightningrod Zapdos isn't released.

Second, He meant things like Raikou and Jolteon.

Third, to scout, and to outspeed things that are base 125+ or things that get to +1.

I don't really see Landbro going uber. It's still weak to anything ice. It actually loses speed. It will now lose to base 100's, which is fairly huge. Also, it still loses to rain. Base 145 Attack is great, and makes it hard to switch anything not named Rotom-W and Skarmory into, but it still has a lot of exploitable weaknesses that prevent it from going uber.

First, neither is Thundurus-T, yet. I just gave my opinion on the "perfect counter to Volt-Turn". Zapdos will do it better with higher bulk and Heat Wave.

Second, I was joking, but Washtom is the most common Volt Switcher.

Third, we don't know what different moves Tornadus-T learns, so it's pretty early to judge how effective it'll be at getting rid of +1 Pokemon and the what, four Pokemon faster than it in OU? Why not just Scarf something that doesn't already have ungodly Speed?

I agree, Landorus-T probably won't be Uber.

I meant Scarf + U-turn. Outspeed everything and heal SR damage in the process.

I get that U-Turn+Regenerator is great, but I'd rather use something with more power such as Scizor. Tornadus-T already outspeeds all but what, four Pokemon in the metagame, so a Scarf is pretty unnecessary.

Back