Not open for further replies.

safariblade

Video Gamer
Advanced Member
The Classic Mafia Game
Now At PokeBeach!

Round One - Winner: Mafia

The Game At A Glance

This is the classic party game, mafia, now in the Game Forum! This will work just like the mafia you know, except everything will take place on this thread or through PMs.
The basic idea of the game is that there is a village of people with a mafia that attacks every night, killing a villager. The mafia must try to kill off everyone, while the people must try to fend them off. Read below for more detail on the game.

Rules To Sign Up
-Follow all Forum Rules
-You must be an active member (if not, you will be killed off)
-Do not reveal what role you play through PMs (It is fine if you say "I'm not in the mafia if you really are, but only during the daytime during village discussion." If it is seen that you are giving hints or something, you will be banned from the game.
-Have fun. =]

Member Roles

>The Narrator (either me, or an appointed member who runs the game; 1)
>The Villagers (innocent members who must find the mafia; any number)
>The Mafia (unknown members who win by killing off the innocent; number will be determined based on the number of villagers)
>The Sheriff (innocent member who can detect the Mafia members; 1)
>The Nurse (an innocent who can protect another innocent from attacks; 1)

>The Jail-Guard (an innocent or mafia who is able to release someone from prison every other day; They are allowed to know who the sherrif is and speak with him though the narrator; 1)
>The Mafia Boss (an unknown, non-posting member who, if killed, the mafia loses. Hints are given by mafia members when they are killed as to who this boss is; 1, but only if there are enough players)
>The Magician (an innocent or mafia who can escape death or imprisonment, but only once; 1)
All member's roles will be assigned randomly.

DUTIES OF THE NARRATOR:
-Run the game, keep it flowing
-Describe scenes with
narrator said:
This includes deaths, executions, etc.
-Give hints, they may be direct or complicated, it is up to the narrator.
-Count votes truthfully
-Keep a hidden account of what has happened behind the scenes to be posted later.
-Discuss future or current game rules (if needed)

DUTIES OF REGULAR VILLAGERS:
-Vote to imprison members.
-Discuss who the mafia is.
-Defend your innocence.
-Figure out hints/codes/notes/etc.
-Survive.

DUTIES OF THE MAFIA
-Act like a normal villager.
-PM each other, planning on how to win.
-PM the narrator at night to kill someone.
-Write murder notes/letters/leave hints/etc.
-Defend the Mafia Boss and other Mafia. Or Work against them. Its your choice.

DUTIES OF THE SHERIFF
-Inquire at night to the narrator about members.
-Work with the Jail-Guard to discover and protect innocents.
-Can release someone from prison or imprison someone by PMing narrator.

DUTIES OF THE DOCTOR
-PM the narrator at night to protect someone.

DUTIES OF THE JAIL GUARD
-Act like a normal villager. (But can be in the mafia)
-Can inquire to narrator about members in jail once a day.
-Can speak to the Sheriff through the narrator about members.

DUTIES OF THE MAFIA BOSS
-Cannot post. (Will not be listed as playing)
-May speak with narrator and mafia through PM.
-Plans the mafia actions with the mafia.
-If discovered and voted to kill, the mafia lose.

DUTIES OF THE MAGICIAN
-Can escape from mafia or Jail, but just once.
-PM the narrator when you want to do this.

How The Game Works

Nighttime
At night, everyone "goes to sleep" and doesn't post. Each night, the randomly appointed mafia member(s) will PM the narrator, each choosing to attack one member (even another mafia member possibly). The sheriff will also PM the narrator, selecting one member that they think is in the mafia. I will let them know if they have guessed correctly. Finally, the nurse/doctor will also PM me, selecting any member (including themselves) to protect for the night. The Jail-Guard and Sheriff may discuss things in PMs, but everything must be sent to the narrator, who will then deliver the PM.

Daytime
In the morning, I will let everyone know what has happened. If the mafia picked someone that the nurse didn't pick to protect, they are sent to jail until the Jail-Guard releases them or they die in prison. During the day, all alive players (including mafia) are able to discuss who they think is the killer. Players are advised to ask who the sheriff is and see what the sheriff knows about the mafia, however that may make him a target. At the end of the day, everyone will vote via PM on who you think the killer is. That person is sent to jail, and can then be questioned by the sheriff and the Jail-Guard. After that, the game repeats with nighttime.

How Jail Works
When the villagers vote to send someone to jail, this is what happens:
-Imprisoned members cannot vote.
-They can still post.
-They can still be attacked and killed by the mafia.
-A Sheriff can inquire about any member, but a Jail-Guard can also inquire, but only about prisoners.
-They can only be released if the Jail-Guard or Sherrif PM me to release them. Members can also vote to release someone if they want.
-Only one member can enter jail per day.
-Only one member can exit jail per day.
-Put "I want to be the mayor" in the bottom of your rules application.
-The jail has room for 3 prisoners.
-Remember, The Jail-Guard is unknown, just like the Sheriff. BUT REMEMBER, the Jail-Guard CAN be in the mafia.

How To Win
The villagers win once they find and kill off all of the mafia members. I will let you know if this happens.
The mafia wins when the game contains less or equal villagers than mafia members (rounded down). I will also state when this is true.

Sign-Up Forms
These are to be PMd to me.

Username:
How many days a week are you on?:
Have you played mafia before?:
Do you know how the game works?:

RE: Classic Mafia (PM To Join)

ROUND ONE
Narrator: safariblade
Mafia: Guy89, ???
Sherrif: Pokefan1234
Doctor: ?

Surviving Members
Ludicolo909
Darkvoid57
Guy89
TheDarkLucario
legendhunter32
mlouden03
pokefan1234
ElectricPokemonMaster
Chiraami
Decmaster
Hyperbeem
Catutie

List Of Events

WINNER:???

only 10 people? werewolf/murder has like..30 i'd say more people = more fun

And this is, like, an exact clone of Werewolf, only less roles, less people, and voting through PM.

Mafia was around way before Werewolf.
There is nothing wrong with multiple games that are similar. Just like with multiple TCG clans, it allows people to choose which they would want to play. It also lets people who never signed up for one to have a chance to play another game.

I didn't even look on the werewolf thread. This game comes from the party game Mafia/Assassin/Vampire. There are multiple variations of it. If you don't want to play, you don't have to. Also, Guy89 didn't seem to mind. He was one of the first to sign up.

As for the number of sign-ups, I might extend it. It just depends on how many people sign-up. I just don't want a bunch of inactive members that end up slowing down the game.

OOC: Yes, but while that's happening, it also makes it more secret, so no one knows what people are doing to them. Also, a quick question. Do we need to use OOC:?

OOC isn't really needed. You guys are free to discuss and tell everyone who you vote for, but you still need to finalize through Pm. That way, there is no need to 'unvote' and also, you could potentially vote differently than you say in order to confuse people as to who you are.

Also, when voting and PMing in the future, please state whether the Pm is a vote in the subject so I can stay organized with voting. I will have a bunch of PMs haha.

So, will we start then, or have you decided to get more players? I have to say, it's make a nice, quick and fun game if we played it two days to a game day, a day to a night, then start with Pokébeach Mafia II after it!

wait we will only have one cop and one doctor? i guess it does cut down on PM's to you but with like 15 players and only one doctor and one cop would...limit the exciting rolls lol. also that is aloooot of mofia for 10 ppl lol just saying

Ok we are going to start with 12 people.
1 doctor/nurse.
1 Sheriff.
Does 2 mafia sound like a good ratio for a short game?
That would leave 9 townspeople.

I want this to be nice, fun games so we can play quickly and change or add players between rounds. Discuss real quick about how many mafia members you guys want and then we will begin!

EDIT: last min signup.

RE: PokeBeach Mafia (Sign-ups Over)

^i guess but it seems like alot 1/4 people are mofia lol

Then nevermind. 2 MAFIA IT IS. SEND OUT THE ROLES ALREADY. I WANNA RP!

sweet lets start...and i hope i dont die in the first round like usual lol

Three Mafia seems more fair.

We will go with two Mafia members for now. We can always change it in the next round. Let's p ahead and begin!

First Night
I will Pm you guys your roles once I assign them with some random list generator or something.

Since this is still a new game, you can still discuss for now, but soon, nights are going to be silent. You can always PM me with questions instead of posting.

do the mafia have to agree on one person? or do they all three pick one person each...cause that would be insane lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back