Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid question:

Would anyone with my mentioned abilities please speak up?

See, stupid question!
Yeah that is a lousy question. It's like you playing a newbie just to tempt people to reveal you info that are not really good for them to say atm

The way I'm seeing your Day 2 reaction. Is like, yes it improved, most probably after receiving guidance from your advisor(s). However I felt like you are over acting your newbie attitude. It may be just your actual attitude but it could also be a coached tactic by your teammate. Hence why for now you are on my watch list.

Yog you changed your vote from Pikachuuu to Tyler....

You probably noticed Pikaaa was in your little scum chat so you moved your vote....

##VOTE: YOG

I think I would have noticed from the start if he and I were both scum no? :p I was happy enough to lynch him, and left my vote there when I left for an overnight, and if there had been enough activity it would have been a vote in his demise. If he is scum, I should think that would even count in my favour. When I came back in the morning all there was, was a rush on Pika with very little reasoning that looked like a bandwagon to me. Yet no additional votes on Tyler. To me that spelled out more likely Tyler was the scum of the pair so I changed my vote appropriately.

Now, I brought up Gekki as a potential yesterday and didn't want to be accused of an attempt at derailing the vote so late in the day. But with a full day ahead of us now would be a good time to revisit that train of thought. Just for pressure's sake I'll ##VOTE: Gekki for now and when it's not 4am I will return with some actual thoughts.

Looking at the deaths losing the (cop) Azurill is a big blow. We may have more than one with 30 players, but we are on the back foot now so caution has to be advised, particularly around any kind of claims - assume they can't be backed up. Losing the second lover in Latias is not so bad for the role's sake, but bad because Blakers was a pretty solid contributor already.

Alright, someone on the Mafia side of the equation knew that Blakers was Latios.
Thanks for the hint, bbninjas.
They knew that he was Latios, and killed him because Latias was already lynched and with the death of Latios they could bury the Eon Duo together so, perhaps, Latios couldn’t spill the beans on his sister’s killer.
So, if they knew he was Latios, someone on scumside had to had have an ability that could do that.

Is that name scrawled in chest thing actually a flavor hint? I am not used to that. Like can that be deemed solid tangible evidence or is it just spice for the story's sake?

The fact that I wasn't killed means DFL probably isn't mafia, if he was doing something at all that night.
Assuming DFL is mafia, why would he decide to lynch you.

In the many games I played before, mafia as team never actually killed new players on first night IIRC. Since it would be best to kill the threat for them first.

Hello everyone. I’ve mostly been reading along while spectating. I developed some reads while doing so and now that I subbed in I can finally share a few. A lot of suspicions crossed my mind but with this many players I won’t discuss them all at once. Here are a few things I don’t want to go under the radar:

Mirdo has become very quit after the random voting stage ended, he only has two posts. Both are nothing but comments on the current messy situation. Complete fluff so to say. When the actual voting began Mirdo left. He complains about the situation but he doesn’t share any reads himself. Also he’s pretty quick to claim that none of the commenting players so far are scum. This comment is just strange.

mirdo said:
I don't really think any of the very actives are scum. (Yes I'm keeping track).
Some are annoying yes. But scum? Noooot really?

Gekki on the other hand is throwing an avalanche of accusations around this early in the game. Gekki has been an active player in his previous game but this behaviour is more aggressive. He’s picking on new players a lot for being jumpy and AtE but neither of those should be surprising for new players. I think it’s stupid Tyler B was punished for his ‘’weird behaviour’’. At least he can contribute now as confirmed town. Having a player in the dead chat will be very useful, I remember we had the same mechanic in my first mafia game. (the ace attorney one)

Back to Gekki, he seems really concerned about his playstyle, clogging the thread just for the sake of it.

Now I'm going to read back some more, I want everyone to be investigated. Attention to all lurkers, lurking is not an endgame strategy.

Btw I guess I shouldn't assume Tyler B is allowed in the dead chat. Being able to communicate with all the dead players wasn't very balanced. Tyler please confirm your situation.

I'll have to apologize for my lack of activity during day 1. I'll do my best to try to be a bit more active...

Since I wasn't around for the second half of the day, here's some thoughts on what went down:

Yesterday, most of the focus went on Dusk Form Lycanroc, Lord Goomy, Anime Psyclone and pikachuuuu101 (and Tyler).

Both DFL and Goomy, I'm reading as genuine newbie town. They don't seem scummy to me.

pika got some attention later on during the day for jumping on the Tyler wagon without any reasoning, but was able to provide some reasons when asked shortly afterwards. I don't necessarily see this as scummy, but it could be if A, Goomy is also scum, or B, one of his scum buddies started the Tyler wagon.

I also noticed that triplemo did the same thing after I had tagged him (voted someone without reasoning), so some pressure there could probably be useful.

There is also one other player who I'm reading as scum, who I want to look into. Today is probably not good, but I'll try to get the time to read back tomorrow.

Jade wasn’t so much a cop as a name cop; the role checked role names (the Pokémon, I believe) and not alignment.
But that role most probably has a combo with another role. Which is why seer like ability is always a significant loss when dead

That is .. not a very useful ability though o_O I am not used to this role madness. And can someone please explain if we should put stock into that flavour from the night actions?

If so - mafia were able to identify Blakers as Latios? And just a free instakill for knowing who he was? That seems OP as hell if they can kill two every night for free. Maybe they have to actually guess the name and they were just hitting and hoping for another lover. Or they could spy on Tyler as lynchee and saw those two were connected. All the more reason to keep our roles under wraps.

I am going to sift through the posts of the dead, and at least assemble them here together if not find some stuff in them worth looking at more closely.

They would have been really lucky to randomly hit Blaker AND Tyler, They must have had something....

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: MIRDO

Other than a few vague posts in RVS we haven't seen him, and as someone else mentioned lurky...

Hi everyone! I'll try to be a bit more active today.

So you think that there's a role that checks the alignment of a Pokémon?

With role madness, I do think we might have that kind of role. It might have a perfect combo but sadly even if it's true the moment someone claim to have that role. They are dead for sure. Although we might have a doctor, but sometime host like to prevent spamming of protecting the same person consecutively.

That is .. not a very useful ability though o_O I am not used to this role madness. And can someone please explain if we should put stock into that flavour from the night actions?

If so - mafia were able to identify Blakers as Latios? And just a free instakill for knowing who he was? That seems OP as hell if they can kill two every night for free. Maybe they have to actually guess the name and they were just hitting and hoping for another lover. Or they could spy on Tyler as lynchee and saw those two were connected. All the more reason to keep our roles under wraps.

I am going to sift through the posts of the dead, and at least assemble them here together if not find some stuff in them worth looking at more closely.

Once you get use to it, it's pretty much more fun. I remember when we got at least 3 mason chat (the game with French Revolution theme, I forgot which one), 1 with all mafia, 1 with all town and the last one with mix and each of us have other ability as well, making it a very lively game.

On related matter
- About the flavour, it's hard to say. If the host have my perspective, I let to make sure the flavour can influence the game for my own satisfaction. but for some other host the flavour is just the spices.

If you theory is true, that sure is terrifying. If bb implemented it that way, I think that ability must have some side effect to balance it out like limited usage and such, Regardless we should be wary of that possibilities that it could be used multiple time.

They would have been really lucky to randomly hit Blaker AND Tyler, They must have had something....

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: MIRDO

Other than a few vague posts in RVS we haven't seen him, and as someone else mentioned lurky...
In this number of game, if you want to pressure someone to post, you need more vote than usual

so let me help you there as I'm interested in his respond ##VOTE: MIRDO

Jade wasn’t so much a cop as a name cop; the role checked role names (the Pokémon, I believe) and not alignment.

You’ve just given me an idea:
Jade was the one who knew who latios was! She used her cute tears to encourage him to give him his name, Latios. And then somehow, the mafia got ahold of it.
Thus, Jade was doing deals with scum. Thanks for betraying the town, Jade.
Why Jade died for it is elementary, dear Watson:
Since Jade was conspiring with the Mafia, she at least one person who was in he Mafia. They couldn’t lose that member, so killed Jade.
Or, more shocking, perhaps the Mafia couldn’t possible get two kills in one night, and that
Jade’s not dead.

You’ve just given me an idea:
Jade was the one who knew who latios was! She used her cute tears to encourage him to give him his name, Latios. And then somehow, the mafia got ahold of it.
Thus, Jade was doing deals with scum. Thanks for betraying the town, Jade.
Why Jade died for it is elementary, dear Watson:
Since Jade was conspiring with the Mafia, she at least one person who was in he Mafia. They couldn’t lose that member, so killed Jade.
Or, more shocking, perhaps the Mafia couldn’t possible get two kills in one night, and that
Jade’s not dead.
No, Jade is dead. The update literally said he died, and that he was aligned with the town. It's also possible that the Mafia made an educated guess as to who Latios was, considering Blakers was very adamant about not lynching Tyler, as seen here:
We’re running out of time, so I’m going to say my piece on this whole thing: I have a lot of confidence that lynching Tyler would be a mistake.

You all have called him out for lurking and keeping his head low. He is guilty of this, but in what way does it show any kind of scummy motives? Almost every single player is very focused on surviving in their first game. I believe it’s played a part in why a lot of people who are normally very active have ducked and covered throughout the day when questioned. I really don’t see any evidence on him that shows motives that are against the Town. His OMGUS and WIFOM look to simply be newbie mistakes, and are things that NinjaPenguin can try to help him with, assuming NP is his advisor. On the other hand, pikachuuuu101 has contradicted himself multiple times to try and say what we, the town, wanted to hear, which can actually be traced to scummy motives. It certainly sounds a much better lynch to me than one on someone who seems to be just a new, confused town player. If he claims he can be more active on Day 2, then I propose we let him try to prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back