Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
D6 Vote Count [#2/FINAL]
GM Draclord: 7 | MegaPod_781 [#1721], Tapu Lele [#1722], Luispipe8 [#1753], Robin Aisaga [#1758], Mariano11887 [#1789], quakingpunch73 [#1791], The Last Shaymin [#1793]
Robin Aisaga: 1| no votes

The Last Shaymin: 0
| quakingpunch73 [#1724-#1759]

No votes: DashKing, GM Draclord, Lord o da rings, mirdo, pikachuuuu101

Majority: 7 votes
Hours remaining: none! (hammered)
Past vote counts: [#1]
Note: This vote count does show decreased or increased vote weights, if any.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Day 6 Ends!

They had managed to evade the lynch before, but now nearly all for the beachgoers at put the blame on him.

GM DracLord was lynched. They were...

You are Psyduck, and you’re aligned with the Mischief Makers. Those darn beachgoers keep giving you headaches, and you feel so mad, you just want to send them all flying into the sea! Wait …

Passive Ability: Secret Chat :O
All you Mischief Makers decided beforehand that it would be good to set up a means of communication to discuss your plans with each other during all hours of the day and night. Good thing you did, eh? You will be sent that secret chat link in a separate post.

Active Ability: Headache
All this pressure is really going to your head. So much, in fact, that you’ve finally unlocked your psychic abilities! And now you get to use them to force other players to do your bidding. Each Night Phase, you may PM me the names of two living players. Any actions the first player uses during that Night will be redirected to to the second player.

Additionally, no one can give you headaches.

Win Condition: Achieve parity or better with the Innocent Beachgoers.

The beachgoers celebrated - they had managed to catch another Mischief Maker! But who would know whether or not their luck would last?
Night 6 Begin!
Night 6 ends in 48 hours, on 06:00 Thursday, 3 April (UTC +0).
Click [this countdown] for the exact deadline end in your timezone.

As per normal, we will not be accepting actions once the deadline specified above passes. A short period after this deadline falls will be used to process the actions and send out results PMs.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
The skies open up to depict a vision, and somehow - mysteriously - the beachgoers know deep down that the vision is accurate and true. The Pokemon Mimikyu is in the game, and is aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers!

Night 6 ends!

The night had gone on for long enough, and the beachgoers were anxious to see who would be the next death. The Pokemon so unfortunate was in fact Megapod_781. They were:

You are Toxapex, and you’re aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers. You’re getting on in years. You came to this beach for some peace and quiet, a place you thought you could grow old watching happy young Pokémon play in the sun. But then those darn Mischief Makers showed up. Show ‘em what happens to folks who mess with your beach, and fast!

Passive Ability: Bunkered Down
Once you’ve settled down someplace, it’s nigh impossible to move you. As such, any negative actions (except lethal actions and the nightkill) used on you by other players during the Night will fail.

Active Ability: You’re Not Goin’ Anywhere
You don’t like it when folks try to sneak off to enact some mischief. Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a living player. You will trap them under you during the Night, causing any actions they use during the Night to be redirected to you.

Win Condition: Eliminate the Mischief Makers.

Day 7 Begin!
Day 7 ends in 48 hours, on 11:00 Saturday, 5 May (UTC +0).
Click [this countdown] for the exact deadline end in your timezone.

NOTE: this deadline is shorter than past deadlines, and falls at a different time than before.

There are 10 players alive, and the majority for an early lynch is 6 votes.

Living players may send a single message not longer than 140 characters to the hosts (bbninjas and Jabberwock) during this Day Phase, if they so wish. These messages will be received by the player with the role of Pelipper.

Last edited:

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Ok, I got another message from the Soul Dew during the night.
Let me get back from class and I'll brief you.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
@bbninjas The link to the countdown points to the end of Day 4, not 7.

Drac's flip gave us some useful info:
  • Luis: Drac was the "action redirector" and Luis stated that he acted on me and his action was redirected to DashKing, so that makes me think Luis is town. Additionally, Luis said he stole the Soul Dew from Drac, so extra townie points.
  • quaking: Just before Sam was lynched, he insisted to lynch Drac instead. Townie points here.
  • mirdo: I recall him spotlighting multiple times Yog with his bubble. Why would he spotlight his buddy if he were scum too? Townie points.
  • Robin: He confronted Drac last day, and DFL said through the Soul Dew that he was town. Some townie points.
  • DashKing: Drac redirected Luis' action to him, and I can't think of a reason Drac would want an action directed to his buddy. It makes me think Dash is town.
  • Pikachuuuu: Samwise said through the Soul Dew that Pika is scum. He was right about Drac, so he may be right about Pika too. Additionally, I can't remember any post of him trying to contribute to the town. To me, he is scum.

##VOTE: Pikachuuuu

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Last night, I had the choice band. I passed it to MegaPod, knowing that he was in the most danger (because of his trapping ability), but he died before the item pass went through, so I had to pass it to someone else randomly. I hope mafia doesn't have it.

Well, I'm going to fall back on my Pikachuuu theory that I had earlier.

##VOTE: Pikachuuu123

And pika, if you want to defend yourself, explain to us
  1. Why self-sacrificing mafia (triplemo, AP) targeted you
  2. Why you have used other people's posts to state your supposed opinions, rather than ever contributing with your own thoughts
  3. Why you haven't answered other people's questions when they ask you
At this point, your behavior is REALLY indicative of scum.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
@GM DracLord
Besides, if your theory on a anonymous voter was true and you did not hold the kings rock, it doesn't make you any less suspicious. We can assume know the anonymous voter in question so far has voted against a mafia lynch on Day 4 (Due to the missing vote on Simsands and increased vote on TE), and as we speak, this anonymous voter is likely keeping you alive. From my perspective, it appears that you any this hypothetical voter are both scum working together.

See, we are at the 7 votes necessary to end the day. I even saw bbninjas viewing the thread when we reached that number. Yet no one has frozen the game, so it's possible that the anonymous voter is one of the 7 who have voted already for you, but they are actually voting for someone else.

Apparently Drac wasn't lying about the anonymous voter.
However, something still doesn't make sense to me... was the "vote placed on those who didn't vote" visible in the vote count?

Also, @bbninjas @Jabberwock, will this message appear anonymous?
[QUOTE/]Living players may send a single message not longer than 140 characters to the hosts (bbninjas and Jabberwock) during this Day Phase, if they so wish. These messages will be received by the player with the role of Pelipper.[/QUOTE]

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
What was that anonymous vote doing on me -__- that seems a bit random and pointless?

Anyway I agree that Pikachuuu is our best lynch option. So far his posts are mostly blatant echoing and his behaviour during day 1 was vague. I believe this is his first game and he begins by arguing that Lord Goomy looks like nooby scum? Pika made a case against him but then later changed it back to Tyler Beta without reasoning. I get the impression from Pika that he is very withholding with his posts. Also his decrease in activity after day 1 doesn't look good either.

##VOTE: pikachuuuu101

...However do we want to repeat yesterday and solely focus on one player? We have to take better advantage of the day in my opinion. The day that for some reason has been cut short. (@bbninjas can you tell us why only 48 hours or does it have something to do with an ability?) We still have very little info on @Lord o da rings and I see nothing in her posts that indicate her alignment lies with town.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Also, I got a message saying that someone acted on me last night. I'm not sure who it was, but at least I'm still alive.
I hope it wasn't someone using an ability to find out my role name so they could use it for the name killer...

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Also, I don't want to be defending anyone here, but this message:

The skies open up to depict a vision, and somehow - mysteriously - the beachgoers know deep down that the vision is accurate and true. The Pokemon Mimikyu is in the game, and is aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers!

If indeed sent by quaking, really indicates that he'd be town. If he was mafia, there would be no reason to reveal that Jlap was town - it would hurt help the town more than hurt. It shows a need for confirmation that Jlap is indeed town.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Okay, I'm... 80% on the Pika lynch. Let's, however, discuss something /beforehand/.

Quaking trying to stay low. Either him or Luis must be scum. Look into their post. Also Pikachu is pretty much scum for sure.

I really dislike this, I'm not sure what to think of it. First of all, if any dead players actually knew what happened, they had hoped I passed the item already, which of course happens until the night ends. So that could explain that they're talking about me despite the message being received by me.
In theory, this could be from 2 types of dead players:
a. A townie willing to help.
b. A scum trying to disrupt.

There's 2 problems here, though:
a. In this scenario, why would a townie still push for my lynch, this far into the game? I'm actually going to claim given that all details of my ability have been disclosed and, of course, for you to laugh for a while:

You are Barbaracle, and you’re aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers. You may be all thumbs, but you can still be really handy to have around. You’re an old hand at this, with real firsthand experience at dealing with thugs like those darn Mischief Makers––plus, you know this beach like the back of your hand.

Active Ability: The Upper Hand
You’re very tolerant, but sometimes people just force your hand. Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a living player. If that player is holding an Item, you will take it off their hands for them. You will not steal an Item if you were holding it during the previous Night Phase, and you can’t steal more than one Item in this way. (Which Item you steal, if more than one, will be determined randomly.)

Win Condition: Eliminate the Mischief Makers.

If you laughed at least a fraction of what I did when receiving such a pun-ishment then you can be sure there's no way a safe-claim is this pun-y. :v
So, whoever wrote that message, if town: do you still have doubts on me?
Does any player?
@Robin Aisaga , you're supposed to have the Soul Dew. Any new messages?

However, let's see case B:
If former Scum and trying to throw me and/or Quaking under the bus... why on earth would it call Pikachuu "definite scum"? This is extremely odd.
If scum, he could be wanting us to lynch Pika because he's town?

Or, by playing a dirty reverse psychology trick, call both Quaking and me scum, so that we discredit the accusation on Pika, so that he can be cleared while being scum? Because, in this case, whoever wrote this message /definitely/ didn't want me to get it, but somebody else that could spark confusion with this, so throwing a false rock at me so that Pika can be safe would be an interesting play given we've assumed the messages from the dead chat are from town; and that we'd probably give no credit to this assuming both me and Quaking are town. That'd make sure we don't lynch Pika because we'd think "ok, scum is saying he is scum. He's probably town".
And, if only whoever wrote the message waited until dawn, then there was a bigger chance of this con getting some momentum... but of course, I would've written this either way.

So, after this, I'm going to ##VOTE: Pikachuuuu101
If, by any chance, Pika is town, then we could take a look at Lord o da Rings, for the reasons Robin said above.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
@bbninjas The link to the countdown points to the end of Day 4, not 7.
Fixed, thanks!

Also, @bbninjas @Jabberwock, will this message appear anonymous?
Living players may send a single message not longer than 140 characters to the hosts (bbninjas and Jabberwock) during this Day Phase, if they so wish. These messages will be received by the player with the role of Pelipper.
Yes.

(@bbninjas can you tell us why only 48 hours or does it have something to do with an ability?)
It's just because there's only 10 people left, and so I'm speeding up the phase lengths a tad. :p

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
I personally think scenario C is more likely than not, simply because the other two messages named Drac as scum, with the later naming Pika as scum as well. It only makes sense for scum to try and throw us off their trail for now.

##Vote:mad:Pikachuuu1001

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
@Luispipe8 I've received 3 messages from the dead chat just a moment ago. HOWEVER I'm really not liking what I'm seeing here. It looks like scum decided to spam the dead chat. I think we can no longer let anything from the dead chat influence our reads.
You have received some messages from the dead!
Tapu Lele is scum.

-The Mole
The dead chat is infested with scums. Take everything said to you with a grain of salt. Also, consider mass role claim.
Mariano was trapped, likely the last scum

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
@Luispipe8 I've received 3 messages from the dead chat just a moment ago. HOWEVER I'm really not liking what I'm seeing here. It looks like scum decided to spam the dead chat. I think we can no longer let anything from the dead chat influence our reads.

Yup, it was a matter of time before they realized the Soul Dew helped a lot. It's clear they're trying to tip us off by now.

And I could support the idea of a mass roleclaim... but tomorrow. It's like an easy win-con assuming there are no safe-claims, so I'd rather leave that to a bit later if we reach MYLO.
Still I believe there's just 1 scum left, 2 at most.

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
I havent been making my own cases because I haven't had too much time to read what has happened, and if you look at what posts I have built off, they have been quite recent.
What makes you think that people voting for me would be a scumtell? There have been scum revealed before, but none of them had been voted by AP or TripleMo
I feel that I have answered questions, though I do have work and I can't be on that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.