Pokemon Pokémon You Love Despite Their IV / Nature

Frost Mage

Pegasususus
So my Jolteon, Neo, that I used throughout the game has a Rash Nature, since I didn't want to spend any more time than I had already looking for a Timid Eevee. Now Rash isn't the ideal nature, since it lowers Special Defense, its third best stat, but Jolteon is going to be 2HKO'd anyways by most moves that hit for neutral damage, so I don't worry too much about that. One day I took him to the Hidden Power person, and it was perfect: Hidden Power Ice!

I love my Neo, and I wouldn't trade him for a flawless Timid Jolteon ever, no matter what, because he's my little baby Neo, and he's special. ;~; Do you have any Pokemon that don't have the perfect nature/IVs/anything else but you love them because they're your friends?

RE: Pokemon that you love, even when they're not perfect!

Yes. I have Buddy, the Charizard. He was my first in-game Pokemon 5 years ago in Firered. Horrible nature, horrible IVs, but I don't care. :D

Also any and all Stunfisk or Leafeon.

Shiny Gligar :3 Not sure if I want to evolve him, but I may since he's 5IVs and perfect nature/set. He'll forever be mine! Also my Snorlax :D

I like all Arceus. Its nice to have a bunch so you can have each of them holding different plates. It also has so many uses that nearly any nature can be used to make a set work.

Flygon. I love all Flygon, they're really frail but I just adore them. I have a shiny one I received in trade in my HG version, it was like they had me in mind when they made it's shiny variation.

Ice types. I really like Ice types, but they just keep on getting the short straw and the only place they have any use in is the Inverse House.

All of my pokemon. I use the very first ones I catch, and I couldn't care less about their natures or IVs (although I start to doubt it when everyone talks about how easy breeding has become this generation). Of course I EV train every single one of them (that is, in X with Super Training), and that's good enough for me. If people want to spend all of that time to breed, then that's their preference, but if they're that focused on perfecting everything, then why not just use a simulator?

RE: Pokémon You Love Despite Their IV/ Nature

I moved this thread to the General Pokémon Discussion Forum since it is not directly related to the new games.

Also, I always love all my Pokémon for the in-game play-through and don't care much about their nature or IV. For competitive battles I do breed other Pokémon to optimise my team.

I love my Shiny Natu despite its Bashful nature, which was initially a disappointment (although having the DW ability made up for it). I was breeding for a giveaway and this little miracle appeared, so I don't care if it has 0 IVs in everything or an Adamant nature.

In Diamond, I had a Torterra with a Lonely nature. Despite its defense stat being lowered, I still have and love that Pokemon today.I don't care! It started out as my first Turtwig, and Turtwig has always been my favorite Pokemon since!

Re: Pokémon You Love Despite Their IV/ Nature

I have a sylveon I love it I dont care if it doesnt have the right nature heck it barely has any ivs! I totally agree some pokemon u can just love and not even care about its stats. Like another one for me is pachirisu and u know that story.....lol

All Pokemon on all my in-game teams are special. I have Pokemon dating from as far back as a Ruby file from 2004.

my Pikachu I named Kasumi in XY not perfect stat wise and its too cute to evolve but i still like it ^_^

Named Kasumi cus fan fic with art i read way back in 1999 that i cant find anymore the art was a cute Pikachu anthro girl in blue jeans sitting on i think a washing machine or leaning on it either way it was cool fun story and cute art =3

Hmm, usually the pokemon I beat the game with are kind of special to me, even if they don't have the exact specifications I like. I don't go through the trouble of IV breeding, but I do try and make pokemon have a good nature and an "appropriate" gender. If I breed one that doesn't fit those criteria (and if I can't find any other use) it goes straight out the door.

But this gen I beat the game with Venusaur, Pangoro, Dragalge, Azumarill, Golurk, and Delphox. Out of those, my Azumarill and Venusaur have kind of disappointing stats and natures, but I don't really want to release them. So I will just store them away forever (I have a great Venusaur I am waiting to transfer over from 5th gen when the bank comes up!) And Golurk isn't too bad, but I have a level 100 one on my White version that I love (along with a very nice Volcarona). And since I don't like to have more than one of each pokemon, I may release the newer one, or trade him away. Duplicates ruin the collection!

The Delphox I started X with. Had a neutral nature, and I'm not sure about IVs, but wound up with HP Grass, which is just perfect. He's L100 now, and thus retired. :)

My little Steelix....I was just got into Pokemon at the time....
Even though she doesn't have the best nature, she's still my best friend.

And then there's Medicham, who's IV's aren't exactly perfect, but he's still amazing.

Heck, all my Pokemon from my Platinum version are the best!
It was my first team, my first ever adventure.

'Scuse me while I get a couple tissues....

My Charizard from x version, and also my Raichu from the same. Nicknamed them Igneel and Akira, respectively. They are both awesome, and I can barely even stand to mega-evolve Igneel, it just changes how he looks so much. I like Charizard's original look a lot. Anyway, Charizard is Hardy and Raichu Jolly, so not great there, but that doesn't matter in game haha.
I also liked my Mew from my Heartgold that I put through the washing machine....

PMJ said:
All Pokemon on all my in-game teams are special. I have Pokemon dating from as far back as a Ruby file from 2004.

I treat my in-game teams as partners, despite nature and stuff because their were the ones that trevelled with me! :) My Diamond game has a lot of Pokémon from my Sapphire game because I've trained many back them and I couldn't leave them behind when wishing to create a new file to obtain the other starters.

If I had to pick one, my male Meganium from HG. It's male, it's a Meganium...yet I've tried breeding and training a female Meganium and ended up giving up on it because female Meganium's battle sprite looks like some green alien. So, I've bred a new male Meganium, with a suitable nature, attacks and EV training but still, it's not the same. I always return for that guy. :D

Leaf_Ranger said:
If I had to pick one, my male Meganium from HG. It's male, it's a Meganium...yet I've tried breeding and training a female Meganium and ended up giving up on it because female Meganium's battle sprite looks like some green alien. So, I've bred a new male Meganium, with a suitable nature, attacks and EV training but still, it's not the same. I always return for that guy. :D

Aren't the male and female sprites for the starters all the same? As in no gender differences?

Axell Starr said:
Leaf_Ranger said:

Aren't the male and female sprites for the starters all the same? As in no gender differences?

Nope. In Johto, Meganium (and Meganium alone) is the only one with gender differences. The female has shorter antennae.
In case you weren't talking about Johto only, a female Venusar has a seed on top of its flower and female Blaziken have a shorter "hair"/mane. In Sinnoh and Isshu I don't recall any gender differences.

Every time I've played pearl, except two times, I have chosen Turtwig. Every time I chose Turtwig I named her Earthquake. I will repeat what I did the last few times and trade Earthquake to my Wife's Diamond so I can have my Torterra the next I reset.

Plenty of time I have gotten into tight spots with water types and fire types where I've had to toss in cannon fodder while I revive and heal Earthquake but for some reason I am dead set on winning most engagements with her doing most, if not all, the damage.

I am a nature loving guy, and a nature-bound pagan witch, so when I saw Turtwig the first time with that sapling on its back my inner child did somersaults of joy. Then I watched as it evolved into to Grotle and grew two large shrubs on hits back and thought of the armored dinosaur from Little Foot. Finally she evolved into Torterra, grew a tree and 3 giat spikes on that earthen back of hers and I lost it. Both the military fanatic in me and the nature-bound witch in me oggled. I had a pokemon that was very much a peace of nature and yet had a fierce look that growled "Don't screw with me."

Turtwig-Grotle-Torterra for life!

Back