XY Pokémon X / Y : Disappointments & Possible Improvements

RE: Pokémon X / Y : Disappointments and Possible Improvements

-Not sure what to do after the game, got too spoiled by Black and White 2's PWT
-Have to wait to transfer my pokemon in
-Elite Four and Champion were high leveled which I like but were stupid easy, they could have easily had 6 pokemon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYIoBQz9gpg (channel VPT2) I beat them by mostly using a Gardivior.
-Lack of good looking or really useful new pokemon, none of the pokemon I really want to use in battle which means no new pokemon that I want to train.
-Lack of new pokemon
-Supertraining takes longer to me than my normal EV training
-Way way too many old pokemon, hate magikrap and zubat oh so much.

bacon said:
There are so many whiny complaints in this thread.

Still, I think a comment on the lack of difficulty is deserved. With Exp Share, I was consistently ~10 levels ahead of the competition using a team of 6 without bothering to grind. That's ridiculous when you also consider that you get given an extra starter and two mega evolutions early game. Even a Nuzlocke of X & Y would be a breeze. I can't fathom how you could ever lose a battle in the main campaign.

I died to the first gym because of that stupid Surskit that Stolen Fennekin hard. Other than that, everything was easy as hell.

The fact that other than the starters there aren't many Pokemon that can learn surf. I chose Chestnaught and Charizard and now I have to bring an HM slave Poliwhirl with me so I can surf and waterfall to Victory Road

For me, this is the most perfect pokemon game ever, but I think the lack of any meaningful move tutors is lame.

Well, it is an "entry level game" to the new generation. All entry levels (DP, BW) were very underwhelming when compared to their next iterations later on (Pt, B2W2)

The biggest letdowns (in X & Y) are the mega-evolutions. I do not understand, so Mega Ampharos is Electric / Dragon, but it doesn't learn any Dragon-type moves?? Lack of variety on new Pokémon (Z better have more Pokémon), easy clearing whole National Pokédex (no more inclusive special meaning for event Pokémon), unentertaining music, broken sharing experience (semi-concern), & too many other flaws...

Super disappointed by the music in X & Y, unsure if Nintendo put so much focus on beauty this gen.; but the music didn't really improved. I thought the game was fun, but there are so many flaws is very bothering with X & Y.

James86134 said:
Blob55 said:
But since I'll only be using 1 or 2 Pokémon until the first gym, I'll be in trouble. :(

I've already got almost a full team of Spewpa, Chespin, Torchic, Pikachu and Fletchling, and I'm still yet to even talk to the person outside the gym. If you find it that hard, as I have said before, get the event Torchic while its available (if you haven't already). If you have, I'd advise chucking a few pokéballs at one of the Pan-Monkeys and just train it up slightly for some boost in your team.

EDIT: Just because you use a pokemon once for a gym, doesn't mean it has to stay in your team. Try to catch every pokemon available to you, and if you think you're in trouble, train one up and add it to your team temporarily.
I, for one, love my team. I started with Fennekin, and before the second gym, I had a full team that I ended up using to challenge the elite four with.
Delphox, Raichu, Simisage, Pidgeot, Pangoro, and Blastoise. They're all on their way quickly to level 100, and they were all in their mid 70s by the time it was time to challenge the champion, Diantha. I've caught others, but I think I put together a badass team that I've never lost a battle with. They were my first 6 Pokemon, and I've never used others to challenge gyms, or the elite four. Just them.

I was thinking just recently of a possible improvement that could've been made to XY in regards to Wi-Fi Battling is the implementation of a Tier System since players are using busted Pokemon movesets on Wi-Fi which is very unbalanced. I'd also like to see improvements for penalization on people for disconnecting on Wi-Fi whenever they rage quit from a loss and I'm not sure If this problem ever got fixed in Gen 6 or not. Nintendo/Game Freak doesn't seem to have any interest in improving competitive battling on the video games as much as they did with Gen 4.

The implementation of Gen 6 for Pokemon Showdown is already being worked on and it makes me less interested in buying the XY retail games more and more. I feel like I'm a part of the minority when it comes to wanting to Wi-Fi Battle in Gen 6 as opposed to having a Gen 6 battle on a Simulator instead which is pretty much the norm nowadays. As for Pokemon Amie I did hear that it does increase your Pokemon's critical hit ratio and evasion as rumored which to me feels like it adds more power creep to competitive battling unless you're playing on a Simulator like Showdown which doesn't.

vptwarrior said:
-Way way too many old pokemon, hate magikrap and zubat oh so much.
Maybe I'm wrong but I heard that you can't find Zubat in the game. The same with Tentacool and Rattata. They probably are unavailable.

I don't know about the others, but Zubat at least is in the game. The first cave you visit is called "Zubat Roost" and has Zubats, though they're not as common as they have been in other games (I killed over a dozen Whismur before I saw a single Zubat).

Artemis said:
I don't know about the others, but Zubat at least is in the game. The first cave you visit is called "Zubat Roost" and has Zubats, though they're not as common as they have been in other games (I killed over a dozen Whismur before I saw a single Zubat).
I see. I couldn't find Zubats anywhere, so I believed they were unavailable.

What I'd liked to have, or what I hope they add later, is a Key Item like the Fame Checker, but this time allowing you to view the character in full 3D, similar to the Pokédex I suppose. Recurring Characters, Gym Leaders, Elite Four etc.

Vulpix said:
Artemis said:

Zubat is found in Connecting Cave and I've seen a trainer use Tentacool.

A big disappointment for me, is the lack of Evolution stones. You have to unlock a way to obtain the rest, via the Super Training when you have a Pokémon with max EVs. Which is stupid and that's worse, is you have to beat the time to get them!

Blob55 said:
Vulpix said:

A big disappointment for me, is the lack of Evolution stones. You have to unlock a way to obtain the rest, via the Super Training when you have a Pokémon with max EVs. Which is stupid and that's worse, is you have to beat the time to get them!

There are some Evo stones hidden around the place, I know there is a Dawn Stone on Route 3 if you surf. Super Training isn't all that difficult, just time consuming. Once you know the formula you just rinse and repeat until you get the stone you need. The only one I had trouble with was the Hydreigon one, it takes a long time, the stone drop rate is low, and you get Sun and Moon stones from the same one. I have seven Moon stones now :/

Hydrofoil Goat said:
Blob55 said:

There are some Evo stones hidden around the place, I know there is a Dawn Stone on Route 3 if you surf. Super Training isn't all that difficult, just time consuming. Once you know the formula you just rinse and repeat until you get the stone you need. The only one I had trouble with was the Hydreigon one, it takes a long time, the stone drop rate is low, and you get Sun and Moon stones from the same one. I have seven Moon stones now :/

The problem I have, is I need TWO Shiny Stones for my X play through, while you can only find one.

Blob55 said:
Hydrofoil Goat said:

The problem I have, is I need TWO Shiny Stones for my X play through, while you can only find one.

I have spares if you want one :)

One thing that I began noticing that irritates me a bit is the fact that during battle, when the text box appears, the colors darken and when the text box goes away the colors get brighter. The gap between a text box and no text box is so quick that sometimes it looks like the game is blinking brightness on and off! I found this to be quite irritating in battle and couldn't tell what was going on at first. In fact, the quick flickering between bright and dark hurts my eyes sometimes. I feel motion sick very easily and something like this can irritate my senses. Its not a major dislike, its just needless and annoying.

I also found it weird that a lot of Pokemon appear to be paler than what they should be. Pikachu, for example, has pink cheeks rather than red and his yellow is really faded in comparison to the sprite version. Charmander is pale and other Pokemon seem too light.

Finally, I don't like how most of the Pokemon's redone cries are high pitched because it sounds like I am always fighting birds. Its weird. Its not a major issue, just something I noticed that irks me. I ran into a wild Eevee last night and did not recognise its cry as its own. It sounded very bird like.

TrainerSivan said:
Finally, I don't like how most of the Pokemon's redone cries are high pitched because it sounds like I am always fighting birds. Its weird. Its not a major issue, just something I noticed that irks me. I ran into a wild Eevee last night and did not recognise its cry as its own. It sounded very bird like.

I hate how Machop now sounds like it's saying "EE-YES!" Which is also very high-pitched.

Hmm, not much I dislike about the game. But there area couple things.

.Lack of new pokemon (I was hoping for at least 100, but Megas kind of help)
.The chance of added effects appearing. I don't know if it's just me, but added effects from attacks (like paralysis or poison) seem to appear a lot more. I feel like I am getting paralyzed every other battle.
.Gym leaders don't have quite as much character as they did the past two gens, or that's how it feels. Korrina was good, but Valerie was just...meh. Sure she had a cool gimmicky outfit, but that was pretty much it. And I think they could have done more with Ramos. At first I thought he looked kind of like an old retired general, and his gym seemed kind of like a military training course. But nope, just a gardener. I liked running into the leaders outside of the gyms, it made them seem more important to the stuff going on around you.

Not much else to complain about yet, but I haven't thought much on it. And I just beat the sixth gym, so I have to wait for the last two and rest of the game.

As for the exp. share, I was worried it would make the game too easy, so I turn it off/on whenever it seems necessary. Just to keep myself in line with other trainers usually.

As bacon really did say earlier, most of the complaints are really trivial.

As for the lack of stones, go grind it out in Super Training. The game is easy enough anyway.

Back