Pokémon Trading Card Game Online (PTCGO) Sunsets June 5th

At least fix the ugly ass avatars and optimize for desktop instead of mobile... I will only migrate because I'm forced to, not because I want to. Also what about the BW- Sun and Moon cards? I didn't get a playset of golden Switches and golden items just for them to go to waste.
I believe that you'll keep your secret rares when you transfer. I still have some full arts I got from International Championship live streams on PTCGO in PTCGL currently.

Oh boy, I wonder how many people they’ll screw over when this goes through…

That said I’ll probably have to upgrade my phone at some point before this happens in order to continue playing on-the-go without cracking out my iPad, my iPhone 8 can barely play the game due to the devs never addressing the battery drain, random crashes, and game lag.

Still boggles my mind why didn't they just go all in and really invested into a client akin to the other tcgs'. Can you imagine the amount of money they could make from having a client as good as LoR's? Them not bothering with this is a complete mystery to me. You'd figure the shareholders would've even suggested the model to them at this point, no? Crazy.

Question: what it the best way to you’d my tokens and tickets before I move over?
Buy booster packs for tokens, don't open them. They'll convert into premiums currency. Tickets will be void, they are not in the new game and there's no reward for them

I've been playing live for the last year and while it's not great I honestly can't stand Online's trading system, Live is so much easier to build decks in

is there a maximum of packs to move over?
125 packs is the goal.
While unopened products and bundles are not transferrable, players will receive a number of Crystals in Pokémon TCG Live that is proportionate to the number of their eligible unopened items. Crystals can be redeemed for booster packs, promo cards, and special bundles in the Pokémon TCG Live in-game shop.
  • 1 to 9 unopened items in the Pokémon TCG Online = 500 Crystals awarded in Pokémon TCG Live
  • 10 to 24 unopened items = 1,100 Crystals
  • 25 to 49 unopened items = 2,250 Crystals
  • 50 to 124 unopened items = 4,700 Crystals
  • 125+ unopened items = 12,400 Crystals
The following unopened items are excluded from this count:
  • Booster packs and theme decks from the HeartGold & SoulSilver, HS—Unleashed, HS—Undaunted, HS—Triumphant, and Call of Legends expansions
  • Reward Chests

TCGO you will be missed, Live is ok but you are way better!
?

at least the sleeves and coin and stuff is cool!

Still doesn't work on Chromebook. Still lags and crashes like hell on my phone. Guess I'm not playing. woohoooooo

Random question, I’ve got 125 unopened packs keyed in to transfer for the premium currency or whatever in Live. But I’ve also got about another 20 or so codes to enter; is there any benefit in entering and cracking them in PTGO vs Live?

Random question, I’ve got 125 unopened packs keyed in to transfer for the premium currency or whatever in Live. But I’ve also got about another 20 or so codes to enter; is there any benefit in entering and cracking them in PTGO vs Live?
Here‘s how I see it…

TCGO:
- 10-card pack (unless it’s a special set, then it’s whatever number of cards the special set’s packs have)
- Can be used to trade for cards you need to complete the transfer (Celebrations’ Classic Collection, Champion’s Festival, etc.) if you don’t want to open ‘em

Live:
- 5-card packs for main sets and special sets with packs that contain more than 5 cards, cards with 5 or less get the same number as IRL packs
- Packs are automatically opened and cannot be held
- Common and Uncommon cards in packs have a small chance (I don’t know the actual percentage) of being bumped up to being an Ultra-Rare or higher

One thing that I don’t see a lot of people talking about when it comes to opening packs Live is that they have potential to “open up” cards in Online for trade due to the 4-card (or 1-card) transfer limit. For example, if you have 4 tradable Alt Art Lugia V in Online but pull an Alt Art Lugia V in Live you can trade one of the ones in Online without ruining the playset you’ll have on Live when you migrate your account.

I was hoping they'd fix the ugle holo effect on the cards. It does NOT do the holso justice at all. The current was was fine.

On top of all the bugs, lack of decent UI, and questionable design choices, isn’t Expanded format still missing 2 generations of cards that are probably being coded right now?
Being coded right now.... haha that's a good one. As if they are going to worry about that.

And I say this as someone who only plays Expanded and GLC.

Being coded right now.... haha that's a good one. As if they are going to worry about that.

And I say this as someone who only plays Expanded and GLC.
Actually they do seem to be working on it. A few patches ago they accidentally enabled XY cards on the Standard ladder and they worked

Back