• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List - Espeon/Garbodor

Yakkov

Shiny Hunter, Event Collector, and Breeder
Pokémon -

4 Eevee SUM 101
3 Espeon-GX SUM 140
1 Espeon-EX BKP 52
3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
3 Trubbish GRI 50
2 Garbodor GRI 51
1 Garbodor BKP 57

Trainer Cards -

2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
1 Acerola BUS 112
2 Nest Ball SUM 123
1 Energy Recycler GRI 123
3 Field Blower GRI 125
3 Guzma BUS 115
2 Altar of the Moone GRI 117
4 N FAC 105
3 Choice Band GRI 121
2 Float Stone BKT 137
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
1 Professor Kukui SUM 128
1 Delinquent BKP 98

Energy Cards-

6 Psychic Energy Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Strategy:

Simply put the strategy is to either win by Garboror or win using a combination of Espeon EX/GX to win. But I have also been told to run one copy of the "Supernatural Dance" Oricorio and a playset of Puzzle of Time. I am just unsure what to replace.

No need to run those cards suggested. Oricorio was only useful against Vespiquen, which sadly rotated today. Puzzle of Time is not needed, as there is nothing you really want to get back.

Here are some suggestions:

- 1 Energy Recycler, +1 Psychic Energy (More energy is better than recovery.)

- 2 Nest Ball, +1 Float Stone, + 1 Necrozma-GX (its a really good attacker in combination with Espeon-EX, keep in mind its only used for its GX.)

- 1 Field Blower, +1 Trubbish (These should be the BKP ones, as these help better; a 2-2 split is nice.)

- 1 Delinquent (not too great without VS Seeker) +1 Garbodor GRi

I hope this help!:)

Since this isn't really a damage spread deck, I don't recommend the Espeon EX. I also don't recommend Necrozma GX for this deck either, as FlavorfulPineApl suggested, because I think Espeon's GX attack applies more pressure, especially early game when you attach a Turn 2 DCE and use Divide to knock out a key Basic on the bench (Ralts, Beldum, Remoraid, Wimpod, and Tubbish are just a few that come to mind that you can KO on your opponent's bench). Necrozma's GX attack is great, but if you have a choice to attach your energy for the turn to either Necrozma or Espeon, you're usually going to go with Espeon because it's your main attacker, and with no energy acceleration cards, I think Necrozma loses a lot of it's utility. It's great in a deck like Metagross because you can accelerate energy onto it with Geotech System in a single turn. You don't have that option in this deck so that's why I don't recommend it.

I do agree with everything else he suggested though! I would add in a third Float Stone to make sure Garbotoxin stays active, as well as just take advantage of the utility it has.

-Espeon EX
+Trubbish (You should switch to the BKP ones as soon as possible.)
+Garbodor GRI

I also recommend possibly trying a 2-2 split with 2 Garbotoxin and 2 Trashalanche. Garbotoxin is the only way to shut off all abilities in the Standard format now, which is huge against certain match-ups. You're mainly going to use Trashalanche late game anyways, and people are going to be playing less items now, so I think a 2-2 split is justified. Just something to think about.

-1 Energy Recycler
-2 Nest Ball
-1 Field Blower
-1 Delinquent
-1 Professor Kukui (without VS Seeker, running one of this card is just too inconsistent)

+1 Float Stone
+1 Psychic Energy
+1 Brigette

If my math is right, that still leaves two spots open to use as you see fit. Some other cards that could work:

+1 Drampa GX (A great tech that you can add in to apply offensive pressure and it has a nice GX attack that you can use if you're stuck. Plus, all you're Pokemon are weak to Psychic so it's never bad to run something that's not.)
+2 Lillie (More draw support is never bad. It gives you less chances of being stuck with a bad hand.)
+1 Acerola (A second Acerola might not be bad. Denying your opponent prize cards is always great.)

Just some options. Hopefully I helped!

Since this isn't really a damage spread deck, I don't recommend the Espeon EX. I also don't recommend Necrozma GX for this deck either, as FlavorfulPineApl suggested, because I think Espeon's GX attack applies more pressure, especially early game when you attach a Turn 2 DCE and use Divide to knock out a key Basic on the bench (Ralts, Beldum, Remoraid, Wimpod, and Tubbish are just a few that come to mind that you can KO on your opponent's bench). Necrozma's GX attack is great, but if you have a choice to attach your energy for the turn to either Necrozma or Espeon, you're usually going to go with Espeon because it's your main attacker, and with no energy acceleration cards, I think Necrozma loses a lot of it's utility. It's great in a deck like Metagross because you can accelerate energy onto it with Geotech System in a single turn. You don't have that option in this deck so that's why I don't recommend it.

I do agree with everything else he suggested though! I would add in a third Float Stone to make sure Garbotoxin stays active, as well as just take advantage of the utility it has.

-Espeon EX
+Garbodor GRI

I also recommend possibly trying a 2-2 split with 2 Garbotoxin and 2 Trashalanche. Garbotoxin is the only way to shut off all abilities in the Standard format now, which is huge against certain match-ups. You're mainly going to use Trashalanche late game anyways, and people are going to be playing less items now, so I think a 2-2 split is justified. Just something to think about.

-1 Energy Recycler
-2 Nest Ball
-1 Field Blower
-1 Delinquent
-1 Professor Kukui (without VS Seeker, running one of this card is just too inconsistent)

+1 Float Stone
+1 Psychic Energy
+1 Brigette

If my math is right, that still leaves two spots open to use as you see fit. Some other cards that could work:

+1 Drampa GX (A great tech that you can add in to apply offensive pressure and it has a nice GX attack that you can use if you're stuck. Plus, all you're Pokemon are weak to Psychic so it's never bad to run something that's not.)
+2 Lillie (More draw support is never bad. It gives you less chances of being stuck with a bad hand.)
+1 Acerola (A second Acerola might not be bad. Denying your opponent prize cards is always great.)

Yeah I meant to say +1 BkT Garbodor lol. For those 2 extra spots that HouchinsDJ got by taking out my Necrozma+Espeon-EX, more draw supporters are good to fill in.

-Espeon EX
+Garbodor GRI

-1 Energy Recycler
-2 Nest Ball
-1 Field Blower
-1 Delinquent

+1 Float Stone
+1 Psychic Energy
+1 Brigette

Alright, so replace the current Trubbish with the "Acid Spray" Trubbish from Breakpoint right?

As of right now I only have one copy of "Trashalanche" Garbodor. But I do have copies of the new one from GRI.

I do like the chances you suggested and @FlavorfulPineApl suggested. Thank you kindly!

Alright, so replace the current Trubbish with the "Acid Spray" Trubbish from Breakpoint right?

As of right now I only have one copy of "Trashalanche" Garbodor. But I do have copies of the new one from GRI.

I do like the chances you suggested and @FlavorfulPineApl suggested. Thank you kindly!
No problem! Trashalanche Garbodor IS the one from GRi. You need to get the one from BreakPoint. And yes, the Acid Spray Tubbish.

I wonder if EXP share would do you any good here. I am not the best at deck building, but since it takes 2 energies (psychic and DCE) to set up your Espeon GX to attack, you could attach an exp share to your trubbish or trashlanche garbodor so that if it does get knocked out, you will already be set to attack when it gets promoted.

Just a thought though, I could be totally wrong lol. Your list looks pretty solid and I like the recommendations that @FlavorfulPineApl and @HouchinsDJ gave.

Best of luck with your deck!

No problem! Trashalanche Garbodor IS the one from GRi. You need to get the one from BreakPoint. And yes, the Acid Spray Tubbish.

Alright, I will go see if I can find them.

I wonder if EXP share would do you any good here. I am not the best at deck building, but since it takes 2 energies (psychic and DCE) to set up your Espeon GX to attack, you could attach an exp share to your trubbish or trashlanche garbodor so that if it does get knocked out, you will already be set to attack when it gets promoted.

Just a thought though, I could be totally wrong lol. Your list looks pretty solid and I like the recommendations that @FlavorfulPineApl and @HouchinsDJ gave.

Best of luck with your deck!

Thanks. From tests it seems pretty solid as well ^^

Back