Pokemon Pokémon That Look Better Than Their Evolved Forms

RE: Pokemon that look better than their evolved forms

Bogleech said:
Now as for me...Glameow. It is adorable in its first stage and then it turns into a ugly, grumpy cat with a weird shaped head. Glameow, what did they do to you D:

That's the point. It's a vain cat that turns into a big, fat, pug-faced but STILL vain cat. Easily the best of all the overdone cat pokemon :p
Still doesn't help the design. Darn thing looks like it wants to murder something >.>

I think I can add the new starters Chespin and Fennekin to this list. I still like their middle stages; just not as much as their first stages. I hope their final evolutions will look great, though! We'll have to wait and see! :)

There are many XD
I really like Chandelure, but LITWICK is so sweet and cute *-*
GLAMEOW is 10000 times better than the evolution... the evolution is horrible in my opinion...
ODDISH is beautiful and Gloom is ugly... Vileplume is one of my favourites though
I love GASTLY more than Haunter and Gengar.
Lickylicky is worse than LICKITUNG!
DRAGONAIR is awesome...I don't like Dragonite.
RHYDON is a bit better than Rhyperior... I don't like it's head and tail.
TYNAMO's evolutionary line is more or less like Oddish' one: Beautiful>Horrible>One of my favs XD
and.....that's all. By the way a lot of middle stages are a bit worse than the previous and following evolutions.

Heavy69Rotation said:
There are many XD
GLAMEOW is 10000 times better than the evolution... the evolution is horrible in my opinion...
ODDISH is beautiful and Gloom is ugly... Vileplume is one of my favourites though
TYNAMO's evolutionary line is more or less like Oddish' one: Beautiful>Horrible>One of my favs XD
and.....that's all. By the way a lot of middle stages are a bit worse than the previous and following evolutions.

That's a matter of taste, as I like a lot of middle evo Pokémon more than the FE forms or the not evolved forms. Like I like Haunter more than Gastly and Gengar and I think Tynamo is really ugly compared to Palpitoad.

Blob55 said:
Heavy69Rotation said:
There are many XD

That's a matter of taste, as I like a lot of middle evo Pokémon more than the FE forms or the not evolved forms. Like I like Haunter more than Gastly and Gengar and I think Tynamo is really ugly compared to Palpitoad.

Don't you mean Tympole is ugly compared to Palpitoad? :p

P.DelSlayer said:
Blob55 said:

Don't you mean Tympole is ugly compared to Palpitoad? :p

Oops. I always get those two names mixed up, because the Pokémon are both small, they live in water, they evolve twice and start with "Ty".

That issue reminds me one of the biggest conflicts in Pokemon game.
Sometimes I capture a really cool looking Pokemon like Haunter and I really don't like its evolution but then again I am starting to think maybe I should evolve it so he will be able to face the last gym/elite 4..
I never really hold myself from evolving my Pokemon even when I know I really don't like their evolution as much as I like them.
maybe this time I should keep my Pokemon unevolved ?
Pancham is a good example because I can really enjoy with him in my team but how is he going to do in the long run?

What do you think ?
Did it ever happan to you guys ?

Dewott looked a lot better than Samurott in my opinion. It went from a bipedal animal to quadruped which I didn't like. However, the totally opposite is happening with Fennekin!

Samurotts stats don't even match with what it looks like. It looks like a very defensive, slow Pokémon that can only do short-ranged attacks, but instead it's fast and can do long-ranged attacks.

I prefer Dragonair over Dragonite. Dragonair just has a more slick, celestial look while Dragonite, as much as I like him, is a big flying oaf.

I have to agree with you, Dragonair is so beautiful and cool looking then we get... Dragonite, it's not a bad design but has nothing to do with Dratini or Dragonair.

For me it would have to be Haunter over Gengar, because of its more sinister looking nature compared to its evolved form.

[private]Keeping this stuff as reference for warning:
"3rd Post....
Good enough for you? (didn't know I was in school)"
~Frezgle[/private]

RE: Pokemon That Look Better Than Their Evolved Forms

I prefer Duskull over Dusclops. Dusclops looks like a grey acorn with hands, an eye and ripped fabric coming out of it. Duskull is this floating skull thing, and its design is just generally a lot better.

I also prefer Marill over Azumarill. Azumarill just looks weird and somewhat mutant. Well, in my opinion anyway.

I prefer Rhydon over Rhyperior. Don't get me wrong I still think Rhyperior is pretty cool but it just looks so weird compared to its previous stage.

Oh boy, this is gonna be a long post >:3

Like Wilfre said, Rhydon over Rhyperior. I really don't like the random red that appears - I think it could have worked, but there's just too much of it. And his tail looks....odd.He looks too far removed from Rhyhorn and Rhydon to be a part of their line. Also Electabuzz over Electivire for the same reason.

I also have to agree with those who said Haunter over Gengar...I love Gengar, but Haunter just looks so awesome by comparison, with his detached floating hands (and he looks epic when he's shiny, as opposed to shiny Gengar who's just...meh)

Tangela over Tangrowth...Tangrowth just looks wrong.

Dragonair over Dragonite...although I do still love Dragonite, Dragonair was just so beautiful and elegant.

Togetic over Togekiss...Togetic was just much more elegant.

Aipom over Ambipom...gawd, Ambipom's tail creeps me out. The fingers look like the udders of a cow.

Wooper over Quagsire. Cute over derpy :p

Seadra over Kingdra. I love Seadra's spiky fins ad rough scales...Kingdra is cool too, but Seadra just looks fierce!

Seedot and Nuzleaf over Shiftry...Shiftry is ****ing scary, man.

I agree with Wingull over Pelipper, as well. Another cute over derpy.

Makuhita over Hariyama...how do you go from adorable to butt-ugly in one evolution? D:

Nosepass over Probopass. Nosepass was really cool, he was shaped like the Easter Island heads. That was very creative and interesting! I don't know what they were thinking with Probopass, but...he doesn't look awesome, he looks gimmicky. They really killed it with this guy...

Barboach over Whiscash. That huge grin and those wide eyes are unsettling O____O

CarzPlaysGames said:
I prefer Duskull over Dusclops. Dusclops looks like a grey acorn with hands, an eye and ripped fabric coming out of it. Duskull is this floating skull thing, and its design is just generally a lot better.
Agreed.

Clamperl over both Huntail and Gorebyss. Like Probopass, both look super-gimmicky. I think they could have been executed much better.

Shieldon over Bastiodon. 'Nuff said.

Drifloon over Drifblim. Although that could be because Drifloon is just one of my favourite Pokémon...but I've always disliked Drifblim.

Croagunk over Toxicroak. I just can't take Toxicroak seriously with that huge red sack at his throat...I mean, I know it's frogs and all, but...ugh.

Magneton over Magnezone. Granted, Magneton wasn't very creative in terms of an evolution, what being three Magnemite stuck together, but Magnezone looks like an oversized serving platter. Or a UFO.

Piloswine over Mamoswine. Mamoswine is cool, but....but Piloswine <3 And with Mamoswine, you kind of lose the entire defining feature of Swinub and Piloswine in that they can't see very well but have an amazing sense of smell.

Scraggy over Scrafty. Like...a gangster Pokémon? With a mohawk?

Gothorita over Gothitelle. Gothitelle looks like...a black Christmas tree, and she has pancakes coming out of her head.

Chespin over Quilladin. OMG what happened there.

But by far, the one that gets me the most, is LICKITUNG OVER LICKILICKY. To quote YouTuber JWittz, "This guy looks like he's derping ALL THE TIME. But don't worry folks, at least we have a FULL WIFI SIGNAL."

Thank you JWittz, couldn't have said it better myself. I can't even express how much I dislike Lickilicky D:<

Aron and Lairon over Aggron any day. Especially Lairon who I love so much because he just looks more pleasing to the eye. It also looks like I could ride it haha

Ivysaur over Venosaur. It's just to thick and slow. It looks more like a giant mushroom than anything. Ivysaur is quick and strong looking, and has a more appealing appearance overall to me. Any Venosaur's face just looks so...depressing. At least Ivysaur smiles. Many will disagree with me but I've always loved Ivysaur best out of it's line.

Dragon Pokémon said:
Ivysaur over Venosaur. It's just to thick and slow. It looks more like a giant mushroom than anything. Ivysaur is quick and strong looking, and has a more appealing appearance overall to me. Any Venosaur's face just looks so...depressing. At least Ivysaur smiles. Many will disagree with me but I've always loved Ivysaur best out of it's line.

Lol actually a majority of people like Ivysaur the best. Very few like venasaur more.

Ohman177 said:
Dragon Pokémon said:

Lol actually a majority of people like Ivysaur the best. Very few like venasaur more.

Wow I had no idea lol. Thanks for letting me know. Definitely feel more "normal" now that I agree with almost everyone :p Just proves I've spent most of my life under a rock.

I sorta also like Quilava over Typhlosion. Typhlosion just seems like a weirder version of Quilava to me. Not sure why. (Pretty sure I'll be in the minority this time)

Dragon Pokémon said:
Ohman177 said:

Wow I had no idea lol. Thanks for letting me know. Definitely feel more "normal" now that I agree with almost everyone :p Just proves I've spent most of my life under a rock.

I sorta also like Quilava over Typhlosion. Typhlosion just seems like a weirder version of Quilava to me. Not sure why. (Pretty sure I'll be in the minority this time)

Nope. Still pretty much the majority.

Back