XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Questions and Answers

Oh ok. I thought it was if you moved with either control. Thanks XD.:)

How early in the game is the Mega Aerodactyl stone given out? Do you get it once you arrive in Ambrette Town?

Reggie McGigas said:
How do you get Strength in X? I'm stuck at route 8 :p

there's an alternative entrance to the cave, you'll get strenght later on the game

Reggie McGigas said:
How do you get Strength in X? I'm stuck at route 8 :p

You get it from Grant, but you have to go around Connecting Cave on Route 7. When you go by the cave entrance, go down until you see another walkway. It leads to the entrance you must take to get to where you need to go. Took me a while to notice this lol. And you don't need to ask something like "How to get this HM in Version" or "What level does Pokemon evolve in Version", unless HM's and Evolution requirements are somehow different by version. Or maybe I'm just over analyzing things..

WalterREBoRN said:
WalterREBoRN said:
Anyone know where I can find a sun stone?

Sorry to be annoying, but I'd really like to know this if it's possible.

I think I found one on the path by Glittering Cave with Rhyhorn.

Okay, this may sound like a stupid question, but... How do I soft reset with pokémon XY on the 3ds?

RE: Pokémon X / Y : Which New Feature Are You The Happiest About ? Why ?

Can a feature include a pokemon?

How do I add friends to X/Y? I have a Mii and my FC but don't see a place to add my friends FC's. How do I upgrade my PGL account? Thanks XD.:) I have my ID but not sure where to find this though.:)

xxashxx said:
How do I add friends to X/Y? I have a Mii and my FC but don't see a place to add my friends FC's. How do I upgrade my PGL account? Thanks XD.:) I have my ID but not sure where to find this though.:)

On the home menu, there should be a happy, little orange box man in the top, middle. Click that, and it will come up with your friends, as well as your account and FC. Click Register Friend in the top right, and click Internet. Type in the FC of your friend, and get them to do the same. And you should have a friend to trade and battle with in X and Y (if they have the game).

I could have sworn I saw this asked before, but I couldn't find it so I guess I'll ask now. Where do you find the old amber at exactly? Also interested in finding the megastone for it.

So what's the word on how you can Wi-Fi Battle in Pokemon X and Y? Did Game Freak bring back the option of Auto Lv. 100 6 on 6 Wi-Fi Battles or are we still stuck with Auto Lv. 50 3 on 3 like in Gen V? I haven't pre-ordered, bought, or rented Pokemon X and Y yet because I wanted to know If that feature returned in the games again. Did they get rid of the Wonder Launcher as well?

So what's the word on how you can Wi-Fi Battle in Pokemon X and Y? Did Game Freak bring back the option of Auto Lv. 100 6 on 6 Wi-Fi Battles or are we still stuck with Auto Lv. 50 3 on 3 like in Gen V? I haven't pre-ordered, bought, or rented Pokemon X and Y yet because I wanted to know If that feature returned in the games again. Did they get rid of the Wonder Launcher as well?

You have three options for a Wi-Fi battle:

Traditional: Legendaries, ubers and most clauses are banned. All pokemon are set to Lv50. Each side has the same amount of Pokemon.

Flat: Pokemon up to Lv50, if above, set to Lv50. Same clauses as above. Each side has the same amount of Pokemon.

No Restrictions: Anything goes. Legendaries, same species, ubers. All pokemon can be up to Lv100 and the amount of pokemon is up to you.

I wouldn't know about Wonder Laucher, but a thing called Wonder Trade is in the game.

James86134 said:
No Restrictions: Anything goes. Legendaries, same species, ubers. All pokemon can be up to Lv100 and the amount of pokemon is up to you.

I wouldn't know about Wonder Laucher, but a thing called Wonder Trade is in the game.

That's really great to hear, as for Pokemon being up to Lv. 100 does that mean If I have a team of Pokemon that are below Lv. 100 will they be maxed out to Lv. 100 during battle like in Gen 4 under the No Restrictions option? The Wonder Launcher was a feature in the Gen 5 games used on GTS and Wi-Fi that hardly anyone used as far as I recall.

That's really great to hear, as for Pokemon being up to Lv. 100 does that mean If I have a team of Pokemon that are below Lv. 100 will they be maxed out to Lv. 100 during battle

No, in a no restrictions battle, whatever Level they are in the vanilla game, is the level they will be in battle.
e.g. If you were to battle the moment you got a Lv5 Froakie, the battle would involve a Lv5 Froakie vs your opponent.
Just like if you were to have the following teamin the vanilla game:
Lv86 Charizard
Lv56 Delphox
Lv32 Doublade
Lv1 Eevee

In the Wi-Fi battle, they would stay the same level.

That sucks cause based on what you just told me you're not able to skip level grinding past Lv. 50 just to have a Flat Auto Lv. 100 6 on 6 Wi-Fi Battle when skipping it would make it less tedious like with Super Training in Gen 6 and since it hasn't changed since last Gen it seems like it will only be a matter of time before Gen 6 Competitive Battling is exclusively played on Online Simulators like in Gen 5.

Great now I'm less interested in getting X/Y, but thanks for your help anyway. Eventually someone is going to invent a cheating device for X/Y to skip level grinding and breeding to make it as easy to battle at Lv. 100 with 6 on 6 teams just like in BW and BW2 via Online Simulator. With the current direction of the Pokemon video games I wouldn't be surprised to see more Emulators and 3DS ROM hacks for X/Y especially when Pokemon Z version comes out since Zygarde pretty much confirmed it.

I might still get X/Y depending If the majority of people who play Pokemon don't care that much about level grinding with No Restrictions on Wi-Fi Battling in Gen 6, however that majority of people don't seem to have the free time they used to have to play Pokemon cause they want shortcuts to level grinding/breeding in the Pokemon games which is why those people play on the Simulators for Competitive Pokemon Battling like on Pokemon Showdown. To me it's that aspect that takes me away from purchasing the retail video games for Pokemon unless If I want to buy X/Y solely for the "casual story mode" with no post-game value.

Anyone know where to pick up a Honedge other than Route 6?

xxashxx said:
How do I add friends to X/Y? I have a Mii and my FC but don't see a place to add my friends FC's.

When you turn on your 3DS, you need to click on the orange face at the top of the bottom screen. That's where you can add friends.

dmaster out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back