XY Pokémon Bank: Cloud Storage for Pokémon

xxashxx said:
Guys buying extra systems or games does not really count.
Oh, really?
I would rather buy hard copies of games and or trade with someone online
Such hassle...
than paying $5.00 a year which I might add could easily get hacked or if you can't pay you will loose your data.
There's no chance of the service being hacked, and if you can't pay you should just transfer all your Pokémon back.
If I have hard copies I know my Pokemon will be safe since I take care of my games and stuff.
You complain about Bank being hacked, when your hard copies have more probable chance of being stolen?
The point is I can get those events from other bank owners XD.
Oh, people are willing to get rid of a one-of Pokémon that knows a unique move?

Replies are in bold.
Remember, this isn't me attacking you, but just stating my opinion. It's far cheaper to get Bank then to get a second system and/or game.

This is my 666th Post.
PRAISE DREAD LORD FLETCHLING!

.....its FIVE DOLLARS....FIVE... not fifty, not five hundred, FIVE dollars...

what is the point of complaining over the price of a starbucks coffee?? i just dont understand.....five bucks...smh..

emmah said:
....its FIVE DOLLARS....FIVE... not fifty, not five hundred, FIVE dollars...

what is the point of complaining over the price of a starbucks coffee?? i just dont understand.....five bucks...smh..

Exactly, people will gladly spend money on extra games come around, but they won't pay a yearly subscription to a Handy storage service? People these days...

Lord Fletchling said:
emmah said:
....its FIVE DOLLARS....FIVE... not fifty, not five hundred, FIVE dollars...

Exactly, people will gladly spend money on extra games come around, but they won't pay a yearly subscription to a Handy storage service? People these days...

Its not just the people these days. Most people always prefer to pay and get the product they want. It is a little bit psychological. You feel that the product you bought is belong to you more then if you had to pay for it every x time like a rent.
That is why people dont like it IMO

Heck, Bank is a bit more expensive here, as it's £4.50, instead of £3.00 and you don't hear me complaining.

scattered mind said:
Lord Fletchling said:

Its not just the people these days. Most people always prefer to pay and get the product they want. It is a little bit psychological. You feel that the product you bought is belong to you more then if you had to pay for it every x time like a rent.
I suppose that has a certain amount of truth to it. For most other games, transferring pokemon from the older games to the newer has been free. And if you wanted to store your pokemon somewhere - like in Pokemon Box, you just bought the app (it certainly wasn't free, but it was a one time price), and transferred them whenever you wanted. However for the service that they are prepared to provide (if it ever bloody well gets here - please excuse my french), it's for the better, so is easily worth a small pittance that you pay for it. However, if we use your analogy of renting/owning ... when has there ever been something that you could rent (or own), that you aren't on the hook to pay for whenever you want to change/modify/move or destroy that particular thing? Nintendo sold you a fully functional game with certain options available. You aren't really out anything for them not supplying every conceivable option - like the option to acquire pokemon from another previous game, ... or to upload a portion of your pokemon to an external source. That wasn't part of the game software this time. Just like not all cars have all available options. It's still a fully functional game with plenty of other options that you don't see in other games. Pokemon Bank and the additional transfer software are add-ons, pure and simple. If you want to use them, you have the option to do so. However it has a small price - once the initial free promotion expires. Use it ... don't use it, it's still up to you. Believe me, I definitely will use it, and I'll be more than happy to get my money's worth from it.

We should like form an army and just wait outside their HQ and every day well yell into megaphones "IS IT OUT YET!?!?" so they can get the idea of how frustrating this is getting. :) I'm sure they are doing their best but now this is getting ridiculous.

MrSquarepants said:
We should like form an army and just wait outside their HQ and every day well yell into megaphones "IS IT OUT YET!?!?" so they can get the idea of how frustrating this is getting. :) I'm sure they are doing their best but now this is getting ridiculous.

It's only ridiculous once we hit February. :p I would like to think they could have gotten it up again within a week, but barring that a month is perfectly reasonable for a situation like this.

P_A2 said:
scattered mind said:
I suppose that has a certain amount of truth to it. For most other games, transferring pokemon from the older games to the newer has been free. And if you wanted to store your pokemon somewhere - like in Pokemon Box, you just bought the app (it certainly wasn't free, but it was a one time price), and transferred them whenever you wanted. However for the service that they are prepared to provide (if it ever bloody well gets here - please excuse my french), it's for the better, so is easily worth a small pittance that you pay for it. However, if we use your analogy of renting/owning ... when has there ever been something that you could rent (or own), that you aren't on the hook to pay for whenever you want to change/modify/move or destroy that particular thing? Nintendo sold you a fully functional game with certain options available. You aren't really out anything for them not supplying every conceivable option - like the option to acquire pokemon from another previous game, ... or to upload a portion of your pokemon to an external source. That wasn't part of the game software this time. Just like not all cars have all available options. It's still a fully functional game with plenty of other options that you don't see in other games. Pokemon Bank and the additional transfer software are add-ons, pure and simple. If you want to use them, you have the option to do so. However it has a small price - once the initial free promotion expires. Use it ... don't use it, it's still up to you. Believe me, I definitely will use it, and I'll be more than happy to get my money's worth from it.

I agree with what you said. I just explained why people might be angry about this. For me paying once a year is no problem and like Blob said where I leave its even higher price.
For those who still doesn't want Pokemon bank - wonder trade all day long :)

scattered mind said:

I do believe you've hit on a major issue with this system. But it's not just that, I don't think as many people are upset about renting storage space, recurring storage fees are pretty common in this day and age. It's transfer services people don't want to rent, people don't like the idea of paying to transfer Pokemon between two games they already own with a service that requires a recurring fee. They just want to buy whatever they need and use it as much as they want without having to worry about anything. If Transporter didn't require Bank to work, there'd be hardly any complaints.

Bolt the Cat said:
scattered mind said:

I do believe you've hit on a major issue with this system. But it's not just that, I don't think as many people are upset about renting storage space, recurring storage fees are pretty common in this day and age. It's transfer services people don't want to rent, people don't like the idea of paying to transfer Pokemon between two games they already own with a service that requires a recurring fee. They just want to buy whatever they need and use it as much as they want without having to worry about anything. If Transporter didn't require Bank to work, there'd be hardly any complaints.

Ah, then there's the thing... I actually have very few Pokémon I need to transfer over to XY, none of which are Legendaries.

Scorched Feathers said:
xxashxx said:
Guys buying extra systems or games does not really count.
Oh, really?
I would rather buy hard copies of games and or trade with someone online
Such hassle...
than paying $5.00 a year which I might add could easily get hacked or if you can't pay you will loose your data.
There's no chance of the service being hacked, and if you can't pay you should just transfer all your Pokémon back.
If I have hard copies I know my Pokemon will be safe since I take care of my games and stuff.
You complain about Bank being hacked, when your hard copies have more probable chance of being stolen?
The point is I can get those events from other bank owners XD.
Oh, people are willing to get rid of a one-of Pokémon that knows a unique move?

Replies are in bold.
Remember, this isn't me attacking you, but just stating my opinion. It's far cheaper to get Bank then to get a second system and/or game.

This is my 666th Post.
PRAISE DREAD LORD FLETCHLING!

I understand what you guys are saying but storing anything online is putting yourself at risk. I would rather be safe and buy another game cart for space and trade with people I have known for years to transfer my data after they are cloned XD.:)

xxashxx said:
I understand what you guys are saying but storing anything online is putting yourself at risk. I would rather be safe and buy another game cart for space and trade with people I have known for years to transfer my data after they are cloned XD.:)

So? Risks are everywhere. There's a risk that you can drop your 3DS in the toilet. There's a risk that your 3DS will get lost or stolen. There's a risk that you can accidentally step on your game card. Storing them online is no more risky.

Don't worry guys I am very careful with my games and I have a case that hold my DS's as I have 2 of them. This is the way I preer to do it XD. No worries.:)

I still don't think I understand you. It's cheaper to get Bank, safer, and you have more risk when you don't use it. Think of Pokémon Bank as a Safe, and a Cartridge as a wallet. there you go. Which do you have a higher chance of losing?

Well there's a tiny chance some dirtbag will hack the server and do something the Pokemon. Maybe look to steal shinies or something but let's be real.... you would have to be pretty nerdy and desperate to waste time like that. You would spend a lot of time studying how to bypass internet security for bits of data you don't even really need.

It's not like Target when if you hack into it you get all the credit cards info. Or when you hack into PSN for the same thing.

Pretty unlikely that they're at a big risk online. Maybe a small chance the server will delete itself if it collapses. But I sure wish I had a cloud to store my Pokemon White 2 stuff... that got lost and all my hard work gone.

Although I'm just planning on putting Pokedex mons in the bank and keep my playable ones in the PC.

Other then transferring pokemon from game to game is there really a need for the pokemon bank just for storing pokemon ? The boxses ingame are really not enough ?

I will be using the storage as I've already mostly filled my boxes in-game.

Are you able to name boxes on the online storage?

I will also use Bank when I restart my X game. I'll port over everything I want to keep, and then restart. I'm actually at an advantage since my son owns pokemon Y, but also owns 2 different 3DS as well. I plan on buying Y next week before the Torchic event is over, and if Bank is available I'll restart X before I go too far as well.

As for naming the boxes, if it's anything like when Pokemon Box came out, you should be able to name the boxes for easy organization. I can't see them not allowing that, since we've been able to do so for years now.

scattered mind said:
Other then transferring pokemon from game to game is there really a need for the pokemon bank just for storing pokemon ? The boxses ingame are really not enough ?

My PC in Y is at a point that whenever I hatch or catch anything I have to immediately release something else and I hate releasing any pokemon.

Back