PokéBeach IRC Redshark Tournament

Would you be interested in participating in a Redshark IRC Tournament?

• Yes

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Gale

Guess who's back (kinda)? Back again (kinda)
Currently, members of our chatroom are planning to start a Redshark tournament on IRC. We have the necessary equipment such as bots, organization, etc. All we need right now are interested players who are willing to participate! Post here voicing your opinion on such a tournament.

Oh, why I think that is a marvellous idea! And, as an unbiased poster I feel comfortable sharing the fact that I LOVE IT.

IRC (aka, Chatroom) Tourneys are much faster. We can have results in less than a day. The forum tourneys are lame and can take forever. (I believe the current one is a little over a month in...)

ThePokemonProfessor said:
I'd love to join
Maybe you should post a guide on how to connect though to help people who don't know how to (Like me)

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=64371

I'd be willing to join but I'm not in the chat room much and don't usually have full days open. So if I can still do it then I'd like to.

How would we use IRC and Redshark together?

I'd love to, I'm always looking for a way to play test a deck.

They have a tourney bot on IRC that can organize people and set up the matches (ie who vs who) and people would battle and the winners would advance. It's way easier to organize than on a forum.

I might be able to enter, but I have an important question:

Are you allowed to use replacements (cards that are used as cards that aren't on redshark)?

I'll move this to TCG General Discussion.

*Moved*

dmaster out.

^Yeah that will help. But I'm still not entirely clear on how this will work. Everyone would have to have a few hours or even a whole day free and everyone would have to be in the chat room the whole time. How exactly are you guys planning to run this?

sonicyellow said:
I might be able to enter, but I have an important question:

Are you allowed to use replacements (cards that are used as cards that aren't on redshark)?

until i get this answer im not voting.

They're talking about proxying HGSS cards and maybe other cards that aren't released yet. I don't think that's fair (HGSS maybe but nothing else) because half of us aren't going to do that.

Celebi23 said:
They're talking about proxying HGSS cards and maybe other cards that aren't released yet. I don't think that's fair (HGSS maybe but nothing else) because half of us aren't going to do that.

how would it not be fair? Ya thats what im talking about, but its not called proxying cuz im not printing out the cards to test them.

Back