PokéBeach Create-A-Card September 2013! Kudos to PMJ and Teal!

Congratz to everyone who participated and especially those who won. I'm honestly did not expect to get 46.5/50 with my terrible error (I'm ashamed of it really :p). Also it felt like this month was incredibly low scoring, from the image based side at least.

Reggie McGigas said:
Wooooo 2nd place! Great job to everyone who entered, you all did great. Looking forward to October!

Also how could I have gotten 1 more point in originality? Just trying to learn from my mistakes.

Getting 20 out of 20 for Originality is extremely hard. You have to really go out of your way to create something new and/or different.

PMJ said:
I'll make the changes you suggest. Do you mean moving the box a few pixels to the left? Should it line up with the divider line on the bottom on the left side?

Yessir. It's not quite lined up, but given the size of asche's blanks, a pixel or two in should do. Effect text is about two/three pixels in from the W/R/RC bar on a large blank, with the Energy cost about four pixels out.

Pic for reference...
Screen_Shot_2013-10-01_at_1.34.38_AM.png

<3

DNA said:
Text-Based:

Chronus MSEA:

Porygon-Z ex δ DELTA SPECIES 150HP [P]
STAGE 2 - Evolves from Porygon2

[When Pokémon-ex has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.]

[Poké-POWER] Eeriee Light
Once during your turn (before your attack), if Porygon-Z ex is your Active Pokémon, you may put a Flash marker on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. Whenever a Pokémon with Flash marker tries to attack, your opponent flips a coin. If tails, that attack does nothing. This power can't be used if Porygon-Z ex is affected by a Special Condition.

[P][C] Psychotic Link 50
You may put 3 damage counters on Porygon-Z ex. If you do, choose 2 Pokémon in play that have a Flash marker on it. This attack does 20 damage to each of them. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

weakness - [F]
resistance -
retreat cost - [C][C]

My word, you replicated an RSE-era Pokemon-ex almost perfectly. I am genuinely impressed. First off, "Eeriee" Light (I think there's an extra E in there) places a Flash marker, not unlike an Imprison marker, except this one's for attacks. Yet it also combines with bits from the Shock-wave marker, for extra damage...just not knockouts. But it has a reasonable trade-off too! Other than the phrase "with Flash marker" (the a is missing) and "Eeriee" Light, it looks great!

Creativity/Originality: 19/20
Wording: 15/15
Believability/Playability: 15/15
Total: 49/50

Wow almost perfect.. that rare for me.It's easier for me doing ex-Era Cards since I play casually during that era. about the eeriee light. I'm to used to writing it that way. i will never realised it . So may i ask, what would it take this card to get a 20 originality/creativity?

Oh my, I wasn't expecting 49/50 on my first entry! Also, congrats to PMJ and Teal for winning this months CaC! Can't wait to see what type of cards are created in the next contest.

Back