PokéBeach Create-A-Card: May 2014 - Stage 2 (Congrats Scorched, rev3rsor, & Zygarde)

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: May 2014 - Stage 2

CMP said:
Jeremy1026 said:
Now for my entry. I went for the creativity points on this one by adding a new dynamic to the TCG, dual-typing Pokémon. Kind of like Lucario (PLS) which can be Fighting and Metal if a Metal energy is attached. However, there is not stipulations to the dual type on my card. Without further ado, here it is.

Speaking as a judge, for future reference, credit Ken Sugimori for those stock images, not TPCi and especially not yourself (even if you made the background or edited the blank).

I'm pretty sure you only need to credit the illustrator of the pokemon itself, not the background art. Unless you have another standing out illustration like the team plasma symbol in plasma EX FAs

Reggie McGigas said:
CMP said:
Speaking as a judge, for future reference, credit Ken Sugimori for those stock images, not TPCi and especially not yourself (even if you made the background or edited the blank).

I'm pretty sure you only need to credit the illustrator of the pokemon itself, not the background art. Unless you have another standing out illustration like the team plasma symbol in plasma EX FAs

This is often true as well (the best backgrounds are usually stock), though I don't know why Reggie quoted me.

I would like it if a artist could team with me. I need an artist who can also help me with keeping the card from being to OP. I am looking to make a Reuniclus. PM me if interested.

Random topic choosen

Porygon-Z [Prime] 130 HP [C]
Stage 2 - Evolves from Porygon2

Poké-Power : Dubious Data
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search in the Lost Zone (both yours and your opponent's) for a Trainer card and use the effect of that card as the effect of this power. (The Trainer card remains in the Lost Zone.) You can't use more than 1 Dubious Data Poké-Power each turn. This power can't be used if Porygon-Z is affected by a Special Condition.

[C][C] Infection 20
Both player choose a card from his or her hand and put it in the Lost Zone.

[C][C][C] Primal Reboot 100
Shuffle Porygon-Z and all cards attached to it into your deck.

weakness
[F]x2
resistance
[-]
retreat cost
[-]

My entry
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97787381@N03/14015683647/in/photostream/

anabel1406 said:
My entry
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97787381@N03/14015683647/in/photostream/

Just FYI, the page is named Emboar... e.e

RE: PokeBeach Create-A-Card: May 2014 - Stage 2

Well, just a reminder, the deadline is close, so try to get your submissions going! :D

I'm on my way, just need some good ideas.
When's the deadline?

oops my bad I forgot to look at the OP :/ sorry
Anyway I'll have a fair bit of time to work on my card on the weekend yey.

I guess I went ahead and made an Alakazam:

x1vUMTv.png

'Heavenly Spoons'?! There's more than one?!
The effect was more fun when I allowed for 2 cards, and Alakazam does have 2 spoons, so yeah. I guess every spoon can be heavenly if it wants to be. Believe in yourself and all that.

Not much to say about this one. I tried playing around with some common Alakazam themes and this is the result.

Well, I'm glad I posted my entry earlier this time, cause my computer just crashed and I won't be able to do any fakes for some time. ):

This thread needs moar image based entries!

More entries, period. I've only judged 3 this month, and I believe about 5 the previous one... u.u

Luispipe8 said:
More entries, period. I've only judged 3 this month, and I believe about 5 the previous one... u.u

Mine's coming... Soon. I'm having trouble with wording, but when it gets closer to deadline I'll probably just roll with it.

Keeper of Night said:
Luispipe8 said:

Mine's coming... Soon. I'm having trouble with wording, but when it gets closer to deadline I'll probably just roll with it.

That's further than I am. I've been so busy recently that I haven't had time to even start on it. X_X But don't worry, Luis. I'll really be trying to get it done before the deadline.

Keeper of Night said:

It's been like 3 weeks since I asked you how you were going and you said the exact same thing... Taking 3 weeks on Wording, seems legit. XD Don't worry, I just hope all that time is worth it for me to read the points.

Machamp The Champion said:
That's further than I am. I've been so busy recently that I haven't had time to even start on it. X_X But don't worry, Luis. I'll really be trying to get it done before the deadline.
Get working on that Champion Machamp, [mod]Machamp The Champion[/mod] (yeah, I'm kind of assuming you'd do it, it's like assuming I'd do a Gallade... XD). As long as it's Ability isn't something as "Gettin' Greener" or something allusive to that new avatar, I'm fine. :p

I said when signing up I wouldn't have a lot of time until later in the month. I only really started a few days ago. :p

Everyone's just intimidated by the awesomeness that is my and PMJ's card. Sorry guys, I'll try and be slightly less awesome next month.

Athena said:
Everyone's just intimidated by the awesomeness that is my and PMJ's card. Sorry guys, I'll try and be slightly less awesome next month.

Thank goodness you're not in text, I can rest easy for now :p

Luispipe8 said:

Don't tempt me... haven't done many of late :D

Back