• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

PokéBeach Community Decklist #9: Rayquaza/Eelektrik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy fast additions Batman! I guess I can add my own touches to the list (which means the next three cards added after will complete the deck and from there it can be tweaked further).

+1 Eelektrik (4 Eels is essential for this deck, moreso than a regular Zekrom/Mewtwo/DCE Eels build. You constantly need them out and if your opponent can pick them off faster than you can set them up, you're in for a rough match.
+2 Lightning Energy (You absolutely can't play with less than 7 Lightning, and even then that is pretty low. Consistency is key and you need those Energies to do damage in the deck.

dmaster out.

+1 Mewtwo EX. Need to have one when your opponent drops one. Should be a couple of easy Prizes.
+1 Max Potion. No reason to not have three. (Or four, but I prefer three.) Can heal up heavy damage while throwing more Energy in the Discard.
+1 Lightning Energy. 7 just isn't enough.

-1 Skyarrow
+1 Switch
+1 Super Rod
Skyarrow always stays in play. Running 2 switch won't be very consistent in my opinions, and definitally won't get you out of a lock. Super Rod is for getting back crucial fires/pokemon.

I'll make the Skyarrow/Switch change but you have to cut a card for Super Rod. Already 60 cards!

dmaster out.

+2 bianca

You'll be discarding a lot of things in an eels deck so I suggest running bianca.
I honestly don't see the point of switch with skyarrow.

-2 switch.

Random Numbers said:
+2 bianca

You'll be discarding a lot of things in an eels deck so I suggest running bianca.

You need to cut two cards to add them. The list may not get updated immediately but the deck is already 60 cards due to previous additions.

dmaster out.

Whoa, 10 attackers...? I'm no expert with this deck but I know for sure that's a problem. Without thinking to hard about changes I'm just going to go with a quick one.

-2 Zekrom BW: I could see playing 1 of these but I'd rather just take them all out for more space. If you're looking for a solid non-EX attacker then Rayquaza DV is all you need.

+2 Bianca: There appears to be 10 supporter slots in the current list which would lead to some major consistency issues if left that way. Adding in Bianca will give the deck at least a little more draw power that is desperately needed.

RogueChomp said:
-1 Skyarrow
+1 Switch
+1 Super Rod
Skyarrow always stays in play. Running 2 switch won't be very consistent in my opinions, and definitally won't get you out of a lock. Super Rod is for getting back crucial fires/pokemon.

I'll make the Skyarrow/Switch change but you have to cut a card for Super Rod. Already 60 cards!

dmaster out.

The thread wasn't updated so I didn't know. :p
Fine. -1 Rayquaza EX. I don't think 3 is necessary at all.

-1 Mewtwo EX
-1 Raikou EX
+1 Super Rod
+1 Scrapper

Super Rod is super important in this deck to get back Fire Energy, Eels and Tynamos, and Mewtwo and Raikou are two attackers that you should simply not need to use. The one Raikou should suffice for those times when you just need a searchable Catcher. See my reasoning for Scrapper below.

I think 1 Mewtwo is still necessary. And anyways, Dmaster put in the Super Rod I mentioned before, so you'd be adding 2 more, making it 3 lol. 3 Super Rod is a huge no-no. Unless you have reasoning to want it....

Oh, I'll edit my post. I don't really think you should need Mewtwo though, and I think this deck needs Scrapper so Rayquaza doesn't need to have 4 energy to discard EXs.

We can't take out both Raikous. Raikous are godly in mirror, against Eels in general, against Garchomp, they are helpful against D/H (early KOs on Deinos) and can take a KO when you are out of catchers or set up a KO.

I would suggest Energy Switch But I don't now what to drop.

I feel that this deck needs 2 Tool Scrapper, but I'm not sure what to take out. Run less than two, you'll almost never have it in hand when you need it, or you'll have already used it. Perhaps drop a Raikou since it's not the main attacker, and you have Super Rod (I also think two of those would be nice since you will at some point also need to recover an Eel and some {R}.)

-1 Raikou
+1 Tool Scrapper

-2 Random Receiver (12 supporters is enough)
+2 Switch (lol These aren't for Rayquaza but for those Catcher'ed Eelektriks and since this deck hasn't DCE, 4 Switch is a MUST)

-1 Switch (you won't need them much even for the catcher eels the retreat cost is just 1)

+1 Raikou (You need more than 1)

-1 Raikou
+1 Switch

If you want to put the Raikou back in, that's fine with me. (I think it's more an issue of playstyle anyway.) Just don't take out Switch for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back