• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

PokéBeach Community Decklist #3: Reshiplosion (Reshiram/Typhlosion Prime)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: PokéBeach Community Decklist #3: Reshiram/Typhlosion

-1 Professor Oak's New Theory
+1 Professor Juniper since this deck can easily recover cards from discard so drawing more cards is better
+1 Rare Candy since there is no way to search out these they should b emaxed for consistency

+3 Professor Oak's New Theory: Great for refreshing your hand when you need a new one, but don't want to discard cards like with Professor Juniper.

I find PONT to work great in this deck. If someone disagrees feel free to take it out. ;D

Edit: A combination of Juniper and PONT isn't bad either, I just think PONT is slightly better for this deck and should most likely be played in larger numbers than Professor Juniper.

- 3 Professor Oak's New Theory(I'd rather have Juniper; draws more and gets Fires in the discard)

+ 1 Professor Juniper
+ 2 Sage's Training(not a bad card; it actually helps to let you pick what you want)

I'm sorry Afro, I had to do it. XD

Wow, seriously? [TK]

3-3-3 Typhosion Prime line? Gross. By the time that you are able to evolve into a Stage 2 without a Rare Candy, your opponent will already Reversaled up your Quilava and killed it. The only reason that you should be playing a Quilava in the first place is if you get out sped by a Vileplume variant. Rare Candy should be maxed out, it is always good for your opening hand to consist of a Rare Candy, a Pokemon Collector, and a Pokemon Communication.

-2 Quilava
+1 Rare Candy

Since I have two more spots to add something in with, I am going to have to go with adding two Professor Oak's New Theory, I would strongly recommend more hand refresh cards than our current list has, because 2 Juniper is not going to be anywhere near enough.

+2 Professor Oak's New Theory.
I made these revisions based off of the current list on the first page, if we do not have 4 Communication anymore, or cut the Quilava count down to 2, only drop 1 Quilava, and add a 4th Communication instead of the 2nd Oak's.

Sorry, but we really need a 3-2-3 line of typhlosion, and we don't need any PONTs when we have Junipers and Sages...

-1 PONT
+1 Quilava

-1 Quilava (Wasted deck slot if you use Rare Candy at all, which is what it's there for.) (This should be a 3-2-3.)
-1 Pokemon Collector (4 is overkill and it's a late-game dead draw.)

+2 Dual Ball (Speed + Set-up supporter)
+1 Sage's Training (You should have more than one, actually. Good if you don't want to get rid of your whole hand, but still need something (like a Rare Candy).

+1 Pokemon Collector(needed for consistent starts and is Junk Arm bait)
+1 Pokemon Communication(^)

-1 Sage's Training(2 is enough)
-2 Dual Ball(4 Collector will do the trick)

Yoshidude10 said:
+1 Pokemon Collector(needed for consistent starts and is Junk Arm bait)
+1 Pokemon Communication(^)

-1 Sage's Training(2 is enough)
-2 Dual Ball(4 Collector will do the trick)

(Sorry, didn't realize you'd already added 2 Sage's. I fail some days. :rolleyes: )

Rikko145 said:
(Sorry, didn't realize you'd already added 2 Sage's. I fail some days. :rolleyes: )

+3 PlusPower(darn near staple in anything involving Reshiram/Zekrom)

I'm quite surprised these weren't already in here.

Alright guys, the decklist has been updated to this point. I had to use my own judgment on a few of the additions because otherwise there would be 5 Rare Candy, and a weird number of Quilava.

+1 PlusPower (4 for consistency)
-1 Manaphy (1 is enough with 4 Collector, it can be searched out if need be)

Yuck. I don't like this list's looks.

-1 Manaphy (UL) (Really just unnecessary here.)
-1 Pokemon Collector (four is just overkill)
-1 Professor Juniper (Play four and you're bound to deck yourself.)

+3 PONT (Seeing as you're only running 6 of the major draw supporters (now 5) you'll need these. I think you also need three CopyCat, but that'll have to wait til next time.

+1 Pokemon Collector
+1 Professor Juniper
+1 Revive

-3 PONT

I disagree with those changes. With no Dual Ball 4 collector is a must. Juniper is optional, you know-you can simply choose not to use it to not deck out, and it helps a lot against t1 judge. Another Revive is to bring back Reshirams fast. PONT just isn't needed.

Dark Void said:
+1 Pokemon Collector
+1 Professor Juniper
+1 Revive

I disagree with those changes. With no Dual Ball 4 collector is a must. Juniper is optional, you know-you can simply choose not to use it to not deck out, and it helps a lot against t1 judge. Another Revive is to bring back Reshirams fast.

(Psssst. You gotta take something out. Can't play with 63 cards. :rolleyes: )

Why oh why are there _4_ Juniper here? Ninetales is more than enough draw. I have been playtesting this deck constantly. With the addition of 2 Sage's Training, maxing out the Junipers is just plain unnecessary.

-2 Professor Juniper
+2 Professor Oak's New Theory

I have seen more posts back this guy up then the hottie. It's just plain good. Sometimes you don't want to discard your entire hand, but with two left, you still have that option. Believe me, from a guy that has played this deck and has tweaked it to my liking. This is the best variation I've found is a mix of the three best draw Supporters for this kind of deck that doesn't have Yanmega as an attacker.

dmaster out.

- 1 Rare Candy
- 1 Fire Energy

+ 1 Pokemon Reversal
+ 1 Energy Retrieval

Reversal to get the low HP basics out to KO and the Retrieval since there is no way to get energy back to your hand (to use Roast Reveal or attach for turn). 4 Candy is too many in a 3-2-3 line and 11 Fire should be enough with how quickly you can put them back into play.

-2 Sage's Training (terrible card here, because you won't draw 2 out of 5 energy consistantly, means you have to discard something more valuable)
+1 PETM (I like my turn 2 Ninetales, thank you very much)

+1 Rare Candy

You need 4 of these. They are unsearchable and without them it takes 1 more turn. Any deck that has a stage 2 important to the strategy needs 4 Rare Candies.

-2 Revive (we have Rescue Energy, Revives are worthless now)
-1 Energy Retrieval (that's what Typhlosion does)

+1 Fire Energy (I thought the count was good as it was)
+1 Pokemon Reversal (consistency)
+1 PETM (consistency)

^How is Reversal a consistency card? Or do you mean 4 for consistency? :S Yes, I mean that the 4th one is for consistency ~ESP

-1 Elm's (This isn't Stage 1. We only run 3 different evolutions. We don't need this much search)
-1 PONT (Wow, really? Four? Again with the overkill...)
-1 Rare Candy (How does 4 even make sense? We don't run 4 Typhlosions)

+2 Cleffa (What do we plan to do while setting up? Let a Reshiram die?)
+1 Juniper (I like a variety of PONT and Juniper. Just 1-3 Juniper and 3 PONT. Juniper gives a spin on things when you want to take a risk and more likely grab that DCE than a PONT would.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back