Ruling Poison on the Bench?

FoolMeNever2

Aspiring Trainer
OK, so, Muk's (SW) Poke-Body states: At the end of each player's turn, each of your opponent's Active Pokemon that has any {G} Energy attached to it is now Poisoned. If that Pokemon is already Poisoned, Toxic Sludge Poke-Body does nothing to that Pokemon.

So, does this mean Pokemon can be Poisoned on the bench, because of this Poke-Body, or, am I just reading it wrong?

Thanks,
FMN

FoolMeNever2 said:
OK, so, Muk's (SW) Poke-Body states: At the end of each player's turn, each of your opponent's Active Pokemon that has any {G} Energy attached to it is now Poisoned. If that Pokemon is already Poisoned, Toxic Sludge Poke-Body does nothing to that Pokemon.

So, does this mean Pokemon can be Poisoned on the bench, because of this Poke-Body, or, am I just reading it wrong?

Thanks,
FMN

The active Pokemon is the Pokemon that is up front, in other words, who you are about to attack with. This is different than a benched Pokemon, who is on your bench.

Read it carefully.

"Each of your opponent's 'ACTIVE' Pokemon".

And no; no Pokemon will ever be effected by a special condition while it's on the bench. =]

PokeChamp said:
FoolMeNever2 said:

Thanks,
FMN

The active Pokemon is the Pokemon that is up front, in other words, who you are about to attack with. This is different than a benched Pokemon, who is on your bench.

Ah, ok.

It just seems my definition of Active Pokemon is wrong. :) Thanks for clearing that up.

Back