Pocket Monsters X / Y Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Athena!!
just saw your thread.
i started watching japanese pokemon episodes on gen 5 (before i watched the english ones)
so far i like the first season of pokemon xy
ash's team looks good with the addition of hawlucha.too bad the writers didn't give him fennekin,chespin
wonder what other pok he will catch.propably a grass and a fire type and something else
hope he gets a klefki.he doesn't have steel or fairy types yet
and if they give him mega stones propably charizard will return(or heracross)

He doesn't need to capture a fire-type as Fletchling will evolve into a fire-type.
Klefki would be an interesting addition.
Although one pokemon I would like to se Ash obtain is Goomy, and if he does, I hope it goes all the way to Goodra because Ash has not owned a FE Pseudo-Legendary yet.

I'll admit it: I'm hoping Ash catches a Goomy just so we can get hilarious Goomy hijinks.

Fletchling is taking a while to evolve. Probably going to evolve next episode to make up for the fact Ash caught a better Flying Type.

I think it's stupid for Yayakoma to evolve already. Satoshi hardly used it at all. The only thing it did was track TR.

But oh well, this is the anime.

hope ash evolves fletchling during third gym battle with korrina.that would be great!!
although i would prefer if he also caught a litleo(fire/normal type) and keep fletchinder as a flying type
and also a skiddo (he always gets grass types)
for goomy i'm not sure.last time he got a dragon (gible) it was at the last episodes and he didn't even evolved it
wonder what the writers will give him (to add on his team)
and also i'm curious in which gym he would need a rematch to earn a badge

Riraito said:
I think it's stupid for Yayakoma to evolve already. Satoshi hardly used it at all. The only thing it did was track TR.

But oh well, this is the anime.

Actually, he won a Gym Battle. Or at least KO'd something.

Fletchling was used in all 3 Gym Battle's we've seen so far. It won the initial match against Viola's Surskit (after the Surskit had been weakened by Pikachu) but was KOed by Vivillon. It was KOed by Vivillon again in the rematch. Fletchling also went up against Grant's Tyrunt and weakened it but was KOed.

So, he did get a KO in, but only in a failed battle. Both times Ash has acting beaten the Leaders, Fletchling's gotten assists but not KOs.

I do think we need some kind of action by Fletchling before it can evolve, though. If it was going to evolve base on its actions in the Gyms, it would have done so already. Hopefully we'll get some more action from him before he evolves, and I think we have the time for that to happen. Perhaps he will evolve in Ash's eventual Gym Battle with Korrina.

Athena said:
Fletchling was used in all 3 Gym Battle's we've seen so far. It won the initial match against Viola's Surskit (after the Surskit had been weakened by Pikachu) but was KOed by Vivillon. It was KOed by Vivillon again in the rematch. Fletchling also went up against Grant's Tyrunt and weakened it but was KOed.

So, he did get a KO in, but only in a failed battle. Both times Ash has acting beaten the Leaders, Fletchling's gotten assists but not KOs.

I do think we need some kind of action by Fletchling before it can evolve, though. If it was going to evolve base on its actions in the Gyms, it would have done so already. Hopefully we'll get some more action from him before he evolves, and I think we have the time for that to happen. Perhaps he will evolve in Ash's eventual Gym Battle with Korrina.

I guess. Ash will probably send out Hawlucha first against Korrina's Hawlucha, but since Korinna has had hers for longer, Ash's gets KO'd.
Ash then sends out Pikachu and manages to KO Korinna's Pokémon, because of the electric type weakness it has.
She then sends out Meinfoo/Machoke and Pikachu does a lot of damage against it, but also gets weakened a lot.
Ash returns Pikachu and sends out Fletchling, who then KO's Meinfoo/Machoke.
Korrina sends out her last Pokémon, Lucario and Ash returns Fletchling for Pikachu.
Pikachu gets KO'd by Mega Lucario.
Ash brings back Fletchling, who suffers a huge blow, but then evolves and its increased speed and fire type attack, Flame Charge is enough to knock out Lucario.

This is how I think the battle should go. The next gym is where Hawlucha shines, as Ash probably won't use Fletchinder for it.

I just noticed how three of Ash's Pokémon are weak to electric type moves. He needs to get a ground type to make up for it. Too bad there's none in Kalos that Ash would use.

Saw Luchabird make his appearance.
I have mixed feelings for this episode. He's joining because of his...flair? And that hermit or whoever just appeared out of nowhere.

Meh. He protected the forest, and that's pretty cool on retrospect. And that lil' rivalry between Machamp was fun. Ursaring was a bully, and so was Conkeldurr. The battles were...okay. Nothing too amazing, and they could've tried better on putting emphasis on the training between Ash and Luchabird instead of repeating the same animation of him smashing into the trees over and over. Twirling leaf was cool.

So ye. Not too excited by this episode. Hey, maybe next time.
Serena x Ash when?

Just today I got around to watching the 2 episodes I'm behind on; I guess it's good for me that there was no episode shown last week or I'd be even more in the hole. :p I also updated the OP with the titles of more upcoming episodes, so make sure to check those out for a bit of a preview!

I'm going to miss Corni being around. When looked at individually, I don't think the episodes with her in them were all that strong, but the arc as a whole was nice. The problem with super long-running shows is that character growth and development is very slow and gradual (hell, look at Satoshi who's hardly grown at all in over 800 episodes :p), so I really appreciate those characters who stick around for small periods of time to give shows a taste of the missing characterization.

And speaking of characters, boy is Luchabull one! I especially love how he wore a mask in the beginning just like the luchadores that participate in the lucha-style wrestling that Luchabull himself is an homage to. The Pokémon anime certainly has its flaws, but my favourite parts (aside from Team Rocket, anyway >_>) are being able to see Pokémon in the wild and with trainers outside of battle situations, and this episode was perfect for that, not only with Luchabull himself, but the other denizens of the forest, too.

Seems like the Sky Battle episode still isn't subbed yet, so I guess I'll have to wait for that one, but I'll try not to fall behind again. :D

Looking forward to actually seeing a new episode this Saturday, since I watched the others as they aired in the UK.

Love the Japanese openings and ending much better than English.
WHY DOES JAPAN GET DIANCIE AND THE COCOON OF DESTRUCTION AND WE DONT?! Plus they have their movies in theaters. And I just want an English Dawn of the Meteor Shower RIGHT NOW! Listening to Japanese version right now.
Who say episode 37? Ppt he one in Reflection Cave?

98Greener said:
Saw Luchabird make his appearance.
I have mixed feelings for this episode. He's joining because of his...flair? And that hermit or whoever just appeared out of nowhere.

Meh. He protected the forest, and that's pretty cool on retrospect. And that lil' rivalry between Machamp was fun. Ursaring was a bully, and so was Conkeldurr. The battles were...okay. Nothing too amazing, and they could've tried better on putting emphasis on the training between Ash and Luchabird instead of repeating the same animation of him smashing into the trees over and over. Twirling leaf was cool.

So ye. Not too excited by this episode. Hey, maybe next time.
Serena x Ash when?
Lol it's Luchabull not Luchabird but whatever

Athena said:

It had a really cool battle with Fiarrow if you ask me. How it evolved was also really cool.

We'll get the movie released in English in due time. :) I'm not sure if we'll see it in theatres, though; I guess that would depend on how well the Reshirom/Zekrom movie did in theatres, though I'm not expecting it.

Athena said:
We'll get the movie released in English in due time. :) I'm not sure if we'll see it in theatres, though; I guess that would depend on how well the Reshirom/Zekrom movie did in theatres, though I'm not expecting it.
Our movies are in theaters too?! If you're somewhere outside the U.S. that's fine, but if ur not than WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME WE HAD THE POKÉMON MOVIES IN THEATERS?!

M14 (the one with Reshiram/Zekrom) had a limited release in US theatres; that's what I was referring to. We had a few news articles written about it at the time.

This thread is locked, since we're working on creating new threads for each episode. You can talk about the episodes in their respective threads or create new threads for speculation and discussing other topics related to the anime! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back