• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Please Rate My Mewtwo-GX Deck! (Mewtwo GX/Lunala GX)

jocharbonneau

jo.charb
Hello trainers! I posted my mew two-gx deck 2 weeks ago and had some feedback. Since, I made some changes and I'd like to have your thoughts about it. Btw, I won't add any Lele because of the price. Thanks!

Pokémon(12)
4 Mewtwo-GX 72/73
2 Lunala-GX 141/149
1 Cosmoem 65/149
2 Cosmog 64/149
1 Shining Mew 40/73
1 Prism Star Lunala 62/156
1 Dawn Wings Necrozma 63/156

Trainer Cards(36)
4 N
2 Professor Sycamore
2 Cynthia
2 Guzma
2 Acerola
1 Brigette

4 Ultra Ball
3 Choice Band
3 Exp. Share
3 Max Potion
2 Field Blower
2 Max Elixir
2 Rare Candy
1 Super Rod

3 Altar of the Moone

Energy(12)
12 Psychic energy

Thank you guys!!!

In general, Mewtwo-GX isn't very good, but I do know how to make it better. First of all, if you don't play heavy Lunala-GX, it's probably not worth playing. As nice as having free Max Potions is, you need to play really aggressively for that to matter, or you'll end up exactly where you started. Now, there is a version of Mewtwo that I think is better, which involves Garbodor, but if you're not interested and really want to stick with Lunala, I can help with that.
But before all else, I will say that playing Lunala takes away deck space from more important cards like Max Elixir, which you should be playing 4 of, more Guzma, and a 3rd Sycamore. A good idea might be Marshadow-GX to hit Zoroark for weakness for easier OHKOs, and forcing them to have a responding Zoroark with a full bench/ Choice Band.

In general, Mewtwo-GX isn't very good, but I do know how to make it better. First of all, if you don't play heavy Lunala-GX, it's probably not worth playing. As nice as having free Max Potions is, you need to play really aggressively for that to matter, or you'll end up exactly where you started. Now, there is a version of Mewtwo that I think is better, which involves Garbodor, but if you're not interested and really want to stick with Lunala, I can help with that.
But before all else, I will say that playing Lunala takes away deck space from more important cards like Max Elixir, which you should be playing 4 of, more Guzma, and a 3rd Sycamore. A good idea might be Marshadow-GX to hit Zoroark for weakness for easier OHKOs, and forcing them to have a responding Zoroark with a full bench/ Choice Band.
I used to run a Garbodor deck with Drampa-GX so i'm pretty interested with your garb idea!

I personally like the Lunala/Max Potion combo. My friend @Gigglez used to play it a whole lot to a fair amount of success, but the biggest problem was always when the energy finally died. Malamar is definitely the best option in the future, but if you don't want to worry about evolving another line of 'mon, Wishful Baton is probably the answer. Combined with Exp Share, it should keep a lot of energy live on the board. The problem to this archetype, however, is in the aforementioned (and probably better) Garb.

You have all the cards you need, but you need thicker lines. 3-3 Lunala, 4 Elixir, 4 Candy more Sycamores and Cynthias. not sure how useful Exp. Share is as you have the Prism Lunala.

Agreed. But then the deck won't play Lunala OR Garb for consistency. But hey, Max Potion becomes an option again.

Would be interested in viewing your Mewtwo-Garb list, I had considered something for this as well. FFB vs Choice Band? (your opinion)

Would be interested in viewing your Mewtwo-Garb list, I had considered something for this as well. FFB vs Choice Band? (your opinion)
You want to pump out as much damage as possible, so Choice Band is better, plus it works on Trashalanche. I totally forgot to post a list, I'm really bad at keeping promises, jeebus.

Pokemon:14
  • 3 Mewtwo-GX
  • 3 Trubbish BKP
  • 2 Garbodor BKP
  • 2 Garbodor GRI
  • 1 Lunala {*}
  • 2 Tapu Lele-GX
  • 1 Shining New
Trainers:30
  • 3 Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 2 Cynthia
  • 3 Guzma
  • 2 Parallel City
  • 4 Choice Band
  • 4 Float Stone
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Max Elixir
  • 1 Super Rod
Energy:12
  • 8 Psychic
  • 4 DCE
56- 4 free slots. This could be Nest Balls, a Brigette, a Lele/Trubbish/Mewtwo, a 9th Psychic, etc.

Back