Blog Playing with Scizor: Piloting the Pincer Pokémon in Today's Meta

I am rolling at how similar our introductions are.

Anyway, it looks as though you've opted for a more straightforward Energy denial build, which is arguably the best way to run it. That said, I'm surprised you didn't talk about Enhanced Hammer as a possible addition to give you some breathing room with Iron Crusher. It's saved my ass a few times.

I noticed that you uploaded the wrong Rainbow Road picture. It's an understandable mistake--there are a lot of them, after all--but it doesn't take away from the information, so it's no big deal.

Other than that, neat article. I told you you had nothing to worry about. :]

Great article. I've been having good runs with M Scizor-EX myself. It's a powerful card and with the exception of Volcation, rather annoying to play against, even if your deck doesn't have an unfavorable matchup. Personally I've been shying away from Crushing Hammers for two reasons:

1. Coin flips have a tendency to not work out at the worst possible moment.
2. While Crushing Hammers can be devastating, Max Elixir is such a fast and accessible form of Energy acceleration that your opponent just won't fall behind.

I've been sticking with Mega Turbo and a Max Potion to be able to heal quickly and keep attacking, as well as keep multiple Mega Scizor powered up. Special Energy is the bigger player right now, and thankfully can be dealt with without coin flips. Enhanced Hammer helps get those Double Dragon Energies off a Pokemon hiding on the Bench, and as yo mentioned, Team Flare Grunt can completely cripple an opponent with a followup Iron Crusher. Overall, I agree with a lot of your points and too see M Scizor-EX as a major player.

@CESit - thank you man, glad you enjoyed it! I hope to continue to bring more of these to ya in the future. :)

@PMJ - I mean we're describing the same card objectively, this was where my concern was of having the same article lol. I went with my usual format on card analysis so haha. No I definitely included the correct Rainbow Road pic there lol. I was surprised you didn't call me out in your article again! xD

@FierySplash - thank you so much. I enjoy keeping my articles free for this very purpose. Everyone gets to see my insight! :D

@Yog - I'm concerned for your taste in movies. How did you not like Civil War!? Or why do you think BvS was better lol

@My Little Keldeo - Thanks for the read! :) I was able to judge you liked Scizor by your sig haha. I like Max Elixir a lot as well...but unfortunately, with such few Energy (I don't consider ten many) that it's more difficult to hit and when you do miss...it hurts more. Mega Turbo at least ensures we get the attachment. In addition, Max Elixir would mean we have potential to push for a second Energy or the two-Energy attack in Gale Thrust, but it's kinda underwhelming that I'm discouraged for using it. I do see you being able to sneak in a Revenge Blast out of nowhere for some DOPE plays. That'd take anybody by surprise late game.

@lyonheart286 - I dunno what was over me. Sorry. Rip.

@CESit - thank you man, glad you enjoyed it! I hope to continue to bring more of these to ya in the future. :)

@PMJ - I mean we're describing the same card objectively, this was where my concern was of having the same article lol. I went with my usual format on card analysis so haha. No I definitely included the correct Rainbow Road pic there lol. I was surprised you didn't call me out in your article again! xD

@FierySplash - thank you so much. I enjoy keeping my articles free for this very purpose. Everyone gets to see my insight! :D

@Yog - I'm concerned for your taste in movies. How did you not like Civil War!? Or why do you think BvS was better lol

@My Little Keldeo - Thanks for the read! :) I was able to judge you liked Scizor by your sig haha. I like Max Elixir a lot as well...but unfortunately, with such few Energy (I don't consider ten many) that it's more difficult to hit and when you do miss...it hurts more. Mega Turbo at least ensures we get the attachment. In addition, Max Elixir would mean we have potential to push for a second Energy or the two-Energy attack in Gale Thrust, but it's kinda underwhelming that I'm discouraged for using it. I do see you being able to sneak in a Revenge Blast out of nowhere for some DOPE plays. That'd take anybody by surprise late game.

@lyonheart286 - I dunno what was over me. Sorry. Rip.

I was referring to Max Elixir in decks such as Dark or Fairy, in terms of the opponent playing it. I don't think there's room for it in M Scizor-EX either. What I'm saying is that Max Elixir allows the opponent to get so much Energy into play quickly that a heads or two with Crushing Hammer just won't get them to fall behind, and I'd rather incorporate some healing or more reliable disruption.

I play Volcanion EX and I guarantee you one Hex will give you a great lead T1 allowing you to halt Hoopa Shaymin and the Mighty Steam Up

@My Little Keldeo: That's why we run Team Flare Grunt as well. Of course there's the thing with inconsistency and I understand why you'd go with that. On that token, Max Elixir doesn't hit 100% of the time either. So I guess both are give and take in terms of that. It's coinflips man.

@LiftoffLizard: Thanks for the reinforcement there - it's a tough matchup for sure. I wish there was an easy way to get around him and I don't think there is other than that first turn Hex which is already hard to hit if you play one.

What about the other mega gardy? Well, you OHKO it, but it can actually OHKO you too, so be careful. Although Aromatisse XY was rotated out so it is okay, but still...

Primal Groudon- I can't say anything that has already been said. Super slow, but if you set it up, almost guaranteed win.

Delphox BREAK- bye. Even without Flare Witch and Burning Draft, Psystorm is still dangerous.

Vileplume- Unfortunately, tools are trainers. Set up garb as fast as you can, you win. If you can't set up garb fast enough. GG.

Mega 'Kazam- Yup. You win. Bats rotated out. too slow. yeah. nuff' said.

Mega Amphy- this is 50/50. Amphy takes 3 iron crushers to KO, and with rough seas, it can heal and get auto paralysis. But Amphy is slow so you have a chance.

Vespiqueen/Eeveelutions- Honestly, you lose the prize trade, but battle compressor rotated out, so you have the speed advantage.

Glaceon/Regice- GG. They are weak to steel, but GG.

But hey, it's a great deck anyway

Back