Phantom Hourglass

Bam

kill me now.
Yes, I realize that there was another topic about this game a long time ago, but it ended in somebody getting banned and the discussion in it was crappy save for a couple of posters (yay dmaster!).

So anyways, the game has been out for a long time now, and I'm sure all who have it have beaten it, so this is just a discussion thread. How did you like the game? How long did it take you to play it? What did you think made it such a great game, and what did you think sucked the most about it?

As for myself, it's my all-time favorite on the DS. It has amazing graphics, a very large world, awesome dungeons (not counting the TotOK), superb controls, and the whole game is very polished. The story is good, although not quite up to par to your general Zelda game, but the ending helps make up for that. The music is also great; I just wish that they'd implemented the Zelda theme into the game more often - the only time you hear it is for a nostalgic five-second bit at the end.

One of the coolest things about it imo is just how big it is, and that for me it's constantly fun to just go around to the different islands and explore. I just picked up another copy of the game (my last one broke) and I'm loving it all over again. Definitely the best DS published so far.

Your turn.

I beat it recently (couldn't play it for months 'cause my DS was stolen...) and yeah, cool game. TP is better, though.

I've now decided that the entire game is way too easy and I'm trying to beat it playing left-handed. Anyone else tried this?

I think they should polish up of Toon Link's graphics... he looks too blur (as in graphically). Of course, since the game is already so massive, increasing the graphics would make it lag real bad...

Noobnerd suggested using Adult Link over Toon Link, but it just doesn't get along with the graphics of the game (and the DS)... The game, other than graphic-wise, is perfect, just like any other good DS games.

I really like the game I am on the last bit where you have to defeat bellum. I have got 4 pieces of golden parts on my boat.
I to believe that it is the best game on ds easily. People say it has rubbish graphics but I think that the grapics are actually ok.

Yay Bam said my name in this thread! ;p Yeah, Phantom Hourglass is definately the best handheld Zelda game I've played. Beautiful graphics, but because it's a little on the short and easy side, other games on DS are a little bit better. I still highly recommend the game one year later though.

dmaster out.

This game was good for a DS game, FAIL for a zelda game. This game had no real part of the central zelda story. It hardly felt like a zelda game at all. <_<

This game is bad when you play the first half and then 6 months later play the second half...I tried that and i forgot where i was and so i had to restart to remember where i was...

I also agree with z-man, it didn't feel like a zelda game.

I liked this game. It has great graphics (for a DS game) and it was fun.
The only thing that annoyed me was The Temple of The Ocean King. I hated having to go through that thing over and over again.

I just bought it yesterday and can't figure out the part towards the beginning where you have to go north; when there's a bunch of fog

^ Is the fog you're talking about on the Northwestern map?
If it is, you need to go Molida Island. You will find a map that shows you the path you need to take to make it through the fog.

If you ever get stuck, this website has great videogame walkthroughs: GameFaqs.

Man. I'm so STUCK on Zelda right now, and I'm also in the beginning too. I just can't figure out the combination code for hitting the statues in the correct order, you know, where the statue gives you the riddle on that lone island?

I checked GameFaqs and I didn't see it anywhere?

Deck Master said:
Man. I'm so STUCK on Zelda right now, and I'm also in the beginning too. I just can't figure out the combination code for hitting the statues in the correct order, you know, where the statue gives you the riddle on that lone island?

I checked GameFaqs and I didn't see it anywhere?

If I'm not wrong, you mean the golden frog island.

Hit the statues in this order: northeastern, northwestern, southwestern, and west.

lol it was interesting i met Shiguro Miyamoto and he pwns every1 rofl, o and fight the pirate lady b4 you go for the mermaid quest eventually u get rupee ship parts :D

I liked the story line, but it was to easy. I was expecting the dungeons to be like the others in Zelda games, but was really disappointed. I finished most of the dungeons in 15 minutes.

Back