Petaluma BR Report Arceus 2-2 6th Place Senior Division

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.
So, I thought I'd contribute the 3rd 4th Seniors report for this BR of only 12 seniors. :p
I got up, ate some breakfast, grabbed my stuff and got in the car. We drove to Decmaster's house to pick him up and then Flying_Swampert, and we were on our way. We make fine time and register, then just hang out. There are only 11 seniors, so I'm thinking we'll get 3 rounds with no top cut which would be dissapointing. I'm also wondering where Azelf Master is because he said he was coming. He comes late and gets an auto round 1 loss (even though pairings weren't even announced yet) and we eventually start. Possibly because of Jake making 12 seniors, we had 4 rounds and top 2 cut. By the way, I ran Arceus.

Round 1 VS Sablelock

I don't remember much about this game, just that I started a bit slow and was nervous but so did he so I got set up eventually and I killed off his Garchomps before they could do much harm. I eventually won.

1-0 (Decmaster: 1-0, blargh257: 1-0 Flying_Swampert: 0-1, Azelf Master: 0-1)

Round 2 VS LuxChomp w/Blaziken FB (Decmaster)

Well, after countless torunaments together in the same division, I'm finally paired against Decmaster. If I remember correctly, we both set up fast, but he keeps a pretty steady lead in prizes. This does open me up for several prize counts to help me make progress however. In the end, I've just about inevitably lost and he takes his final prize.

1-1 (Decmaster: 2-0, blargh257: 2-0, Flying_Swampert: 1-1, Azelf Master: 1-1)

Round 3 VS Sablelock again (Flying_Swampert)

He starts with an Ambipom G and a Sableye and I have a lone Lightning Arceus. He goes first and attaches a DCE and snap attacks to leave me with 10 HP. If he had gone second, he could of gotten a Crobat G and donked me. I Collector and Beginning Door so that I actually have a bench and I start setting up pretty fast. (According to his report I Ripple Swelled T1 so I must of drawn an Arceus or had 2 Beginning Door) He never really gets very much done so I end up winning though near the end he stalled me pretty well and had 2 prizes left.

2-1 (Decmaster: 3-0, blargh257: 2-1, Azelf Master: 2-1, Flying_Swampert: 1-2)

At this point we think that Decmaster and the only other 3-0 player are guaranteed top cut and they're playing each other.

Round 4 VS Machamp (blargh257)

Machamp against Arceus. 'nuf said. Actually not quite. I did lose but I put up a good fight. Luckily, I start with a Psychic Arceus and he has an active Machop. I somehow manage to Psychic Bolt with my Psychic Arceus (can't remember which Lv.X,either Omniscient with Psychic Bolt benched or maybe just Psychic Bolt) and 1-shot his Machamp. He has another Machop on his bench that I want to snipe with Sky Spear really badly. Unfortunately I need one more energy so I pass. He evolves it to Machamp via search cards and BTS and takes my Lv.X out. Literally right after that I draw an Ultimate Zone. FML. At that point he's won, because he couldn't of waated one more turn to get a Machamp in his hand...

2-2 (Decmaster: 3-1, blargh257: 3-1, Azelf Master: 3-1, Flying_Swampert: 2-2)

To our surprise blargh257 is the one to top with the 4-0 player. He ends up winning 1st place. I take 6th, Decmaster takes 3rd, Azelf Master takes 5th and Flying_Swampert takes 7th. After that we just chill out and I play and beat Azelf Master's DialgaChomp. Fun day overall.

Props:
My deck apparently pwns Sablelock
Azelf Master for showing up
Decmaster getting 3rd place and pulling a Vileplume(oh wait that's a slop)
I'm very confident with my deck despite my record
fud

Slops:
MACHAMP
2-2 & 6th place
Feeling sick after lunch
Doing as bad as Flying_Swampert
Decmaster and Flying_Swampert being obnoxious in the car

Though day indeed, but finishing in the upper echleon in the division is not bad. Best wishes to you in your next event.

oh yah

i'm pretty sure i topped cause i only lost to the 4-0.

but then you were 2-2, rohit was 2-2, and julian was 1-3...

hmmm...

Rohit was not 2-2 the only 2-2 besides me was Flying_Swampert(whose name he would like to keep anonymous.) He was 7th and I was 6th.

oh.

that's strange....

but i still only lost to the 4-0.

but so did decmaster.

hmmmm...

Well yeah but Decmaster lost to him when they were both 3-0 and you did when you were both 2-0 that's why.

Your metagame is one of the few places where Arceus could possibly hope to thrive. Well, there might be some crazy state somewhere where Arceus could work.

Yes it's a good deck, but it consists entirely of relatively low HP basic Pokemon and lacks decent recovery, in comparison to other decks. Good job nonetheless; you put up a good fight against Luxchomp.

This is why I run Gigas because it eats ___chomp for breakfast

Well I put up a better fight against Machamp realtively speaking. I should be able to beat LuxChomp... None of that deck's pokemon have that much HP either, and Sky Spear will pick off benched Garchomps and Luxrays early game if they're not leveled up. And what's in other metagames that would horribly destroy Arceus? Btw my list is pretty fine with trainer lock.

DONPHAN ROFL
The first thing that comes to mind is Jumpluff because of its ability to one-hit Arceuses with no trouble, although I think Gengaplume can do the same thing now with less trouble and risk. And of course Garchomp CX himself can pick off weaker benched Arceus also.
Your biggest threat is probably Dialga GX though, as it stops Omniscient cold.

Okay... So Jumpluff and Donphan can be bad, but they do have weakness, and leveled up my Arceus have more HP that Jumpluff. Gengaplume does not bother me because I only run a total of 10 trainers and no powers besides Unowns R & Q. I beat 2 Sablelocks and a DialgaChomp in one day, neither cards are big threats. I beat Chomp at its own game by Sky Spearing it when on the bench not-leveled up, and I can just easily KO it active with weakness. As for Dialga, I can't snipe it but fire Arceus will one-shot it with its own attack unless it has a belt and 3-4 special metals. Which is rare... No SPs bother me that much except sorta LuxChomp, GngarPlume isn't very effective on my personal list, and I've only seen one Donphan at a BR and one Jumpluff at another. I'm fine in almost any meta... (unless it's Champ)

Before your Slops and Props you say Flying_Swampert is 3-1, not 2-2 like you mentioned.Anyways nice report and Arcues gives tons of decks the beat down.

Back