Discussion People Say the Pokemon Community is Welcoming and Friendly but I've Not Had the Same Experience.

Hold on, are you blaming the community for having an unideal time with the game or are you blaming your deck? This is starting to become a very different thread than what it was to begin with.

I'm sorry Seastrome, but you do not have bad decks. Gardevoir won worlds for a reason, and Bulu is a tier 2 deck. You claim you daw into the worst opener hands. That means either you expect the Lebron James of hands or you decklist is trash. Your expectations are way too high. If I'm not wrong you are new to the game, and have only been to a couple of league cups. You shouldn't expect to win immediately. Some of those guys you are versing have probably played for years, and they know how to make a good decklist. You also need to practice way more than you obviously do with Gardevoir. It is a good deck, and there is no question about it. You need to learn how to play it better. Also post your deck list because any good Bulu or Gardevoir decklist should not draw into that many bad hands. By the way every deck is basically prone to bad starts. Me and my brothers have played a very sucessful Gardevoir, Bulu, Metagross, and Greninja decks. I bet there are a lot of people here who are willing to help you with your decklists if you post them on here.

I draw the worst opener hands the last 5 games now. Sycamore, Grubbin, Vikavolt, 3 Rare Candy, Field Blower. Or I'll get a Lele to start and nothing else playable. It's because Bulu is a clunky deck I guess. But my opponents draw everything so I guess there's a secret drawing mechanism that I'm not privy to... would be my luck.

I'm awful at the game. I was 28-14 with the deck. Now I'm like 33-26. I blame poor hands like what I described but what am I gonna do? Sycamore a Hand of 3 rare candy? :/ I need a deck that draws good and plays fast.

Turbo Dark draws well and plays VERY fast.

I'm sorry Seastrome, but you do not have bad decks. Gardevoir won worlds for a reason, and Bulu is a tier 2 deck. You claim you daw into the worst opener hands. That means either you expect the Lebron James of hands or you decklist is trash. Your expectations are way too high. If I'm not wrong you are new to the game, and have only been to a couple of league cups. You shouldn't expect to win immediately. Some of those guys you are versing have probably played for years, and they know how to make a good decklist. You also need to practice way more than you obviously do with Gardevoir. It is a good deck, and there is no question about it. You need to learn how to play it better. Also post your deck list because any good Bulu or Gardevoir decklist should not draw into that many bad hands. By the way every deck is basically prone to bad starts. Me and my brothers have played a very sucessful Gardevoir, Bulu, Metagross, and Greninja decks. I bet there are a lot of people here who are willing to help you with your decklists if you post them on here.

That's what I said! He said posting his decklist wouldn't be any good, but I guess you also agree., Sestrome you really should post your list!

Sounds to me like you are just having a run of bad luck and are letting it affect you. Mental strength is important to keep you from getting frustrated like you sound, or from playing on tilt and thereby continuing the streak of frustration. Some great poker players can be in the red for years but know they just have to wait it out.

My advice would be to either take a break for a while - this should refresh you mentally, or else try to power through it - this will eventually bring you to a patch of good luck at some point and all the while you will be getting more and more practiced.

But don't sell your stuff dude, you will regret that for sure.

Sounds to me like you are just having a run of bad luck and are letting it affect you. Mental strength is important to keep you from getting frustrated like you sound, or from playing on tilt and thereby continuing the streak of frustration. Some great poker players can be in the red for years but know they just have to wait it out.

My advice would be to either take a break for a while - this should refresh you mentally, or else try to power through it - this will eventually bring you to a patch of good luck at some point and all the while you will be getting more and more practiced.

But don't sell your stuff dude, you will regret that for sure.

Yah, I almost did it one point, my friend re-introduced me, turns out in my gigantic collection i had 4 exeggcute propagation :p

Seastrome, I would like to be honest with you. After reading through the thread, people have tried to be supportive of all the problems you brought up, ranging from not feeling welcome to the game to simply whining about not winning every single game you play. While I am not familiar with the Virbank group that has been mentioned, I highly doubt that local players would give you the cold shoulder, especially when digging for cards with Sycamore as you mentioned. Also, people tend to be very different in a competitive environment when their game face is on so try not to take it too personal when you're playing a player who is quite serious. It might turn out that these people are actually very welcoming if you would give allow them a bit of time to open up to you as well.

I think you are highly biased towards perceiving things negatively. Be it the response you get from players in your league, online or how you see the game. When every deck in the meta to you is clunky, bad and will let you down then let's be real, it is not the decks that are having a problem but you. And this is not to say you are bad, but more that you have given up on properly analyzing your plays to try to find optimal outs and rather give in to the fact that 'the deck is bad and I can not do anything'. So try looking on the bright side of things.

The bright side being, you are still positive in wins with your Bulu deck. You are not winning 90%> so last but not least let me tell you one more thing about playing any card game: A card game is not in your control. You can only play consistently optimally to be better. You can lose the game with the best deck in the meta. You can draw dead with the best deck in the meta and for every game you play against an opponent there is one winner out of two.

Seastrome, I would like to be honest with you. After reading through the thread, people have tried to be supportive of all the problems you brought up, ranging from not feeling welcome to the game to simply whining about not winning every single game you play. While I am not familiar with the Virbank group that has been mentioned, I highly doubt that local players would give you the cold shoulder, especially when digging for cards with Sycamore as you mentioned. Also, people tend to be very different in a competitive environment when their game face is on so try not to take it too personal when you're playing a player who is quite serious. It might turn out that these people are actually very welcoming if you would give allow them a bit of time to open up to you as well.

I think you are highly biased towards perceiving things negatively. Be it the response you get from players in your league, online or how you see the game. When every deck in the meta to you is clunky, bad and will let you down then let's be real, it is not the decks that are having a problem but you. And this is not to say you are bad, but more that you have given up on properly analyzing your plays to try to find optimal outs and rather give in to the fact that 'the deck is bad and I can not do anything'. So try looking on the bright side of things.

The bright side being, you are still positive in wins with your Bulu deck. You are not winning 90%> so last but not least let me tell you one more thing about playing any card game: A card game is not in your control. You can only play consistently optimally to be better. You can lose the game with the best deck in the meta. You can draw dead with the best deck in the meta and for every game you play against an opponent there is one winner out of two.

Been saying this the whole time, couldn't have said it better, Seastrome your not a bad player, your opponent just has a good deck, not saying yours is bad.

There are so many people on this thread who have wrote like 5 paragraphs trying to help you and give advice, so I wouldn't just go on rants about how you can't draw a good hand, and how your decks suck. The first thing I want to really emphasize is that your decks don't suck. Saying they do is acting like a 5 year old. You had like one or two bad tournaments. This means you have to practice more because I guarantee you the guys you were versing have been playing for years not weeks or months. The second thing I want to say it that there are people here on Pokebeach that want to see your list and make it better, so you can have succes, me included. So I suggest posting your deck lists on this thread. I'm sure you will come out of it with a better deck list than when you posted it. The last thing I want to say is everyone loses. You think top players like Andrew Mahone, Tord Reklev, Diego Cassiraga, Israel Sosa, and others didn't lose tournaments when they started. I bet you 75% got beaten worse than you did in the first tournament they went to. I can tell you that they didn't get all down, and consider selling their cards. Losing probably actually motivated them to get better and work harder. Hopefully you gained something from this post because no one likes writing paragraphs for people to not even comment about them.

Back