Help Passimian counters

Calcab

Aspiring Trainer
There's a cup soon and I'm planning to play some Zoroark variant or Gardevoir, problem is, there's a couple players that are gonna play Passimian/Mew/Cobalion/Sudowoodo which wrecks me. The deck is very consistent, though people don't think so. 2 Octillery and they always have exactly what they want for that turn ALWAYS. I can't see a way to consistently win if not aiming for their Octillerys thus taking hard hits, losing by prize exchange.
Gardevoir completely loses to Cobalion (4 Rescue Stretcher) after grabbing only 2 prizes.
Zoroark/Golisopod or Zoroark/Lycanroc gets destroyed by Passimian (they play counter catcher).
I have no Buzzwole and Greninja isn't an option cause they play Giratina promo (and because of consistency issues).
I've tried playing Mewtwo EVO, but again, Mew one shots it.
I'm currently playing 2 Parallel City, but it's not that great cause they always have how to get rid of the stadium and retrieve Passimians back.
Hammers help a bit sometimes, but they play 2 Special Charge and 2 Counter Energy.
I'm consistently winning against any other meta deck players are used to play at my local league, but Passimian is my nightmare.
I'm losing hope and accepting there's no way I can beat this rogue deck. Any ideas or suggestions?

Hi there,

I think Zoroark would likely have a more unfavored matchup, due to weakness, than Gardevoir. So I would definitely take that into consideration.

Perhaps you could up the counts of Parallel City, depending on space? The card is fantastic and in general, very strong. I'm not sure if you do already play them, but perhaps Puzzle of Time would be a solution to Parallel City often being discarded.

Playing against passimian can be hard but you need to run them out of resources because if you can't get what you need in Passimian, you can't really do anything. When plaing in game what I would start with (Playing Gardy) is knocking out coballions and discard Counter energy's and play a more mill game than anything, Maybe play Sylveon Gardy if you can with 3 Enhanced hammer.

Watch the most recent Championships?

If you did or didn't, Tord Reklev annihilated a Passimian deck with Zoro/Garde, just kept Guzma-ing up Remoraid, and KO-ing, getting rid of the decks primary draw support, if this deck worries you all that much, if you play Zoro Garde or not, just run high counts of Guzma with a few Float Stone.

The real strategy to beat Passimian, is to get your opponent's Octillery in the active and take it out. Passimian is not consistent, so once you've done that you guarantee yourself the game.

Thank you guys for the inputs, I'll be practicing with ZoroRoc from now on with a couple friends I'll ask to play that Passimian decklist.
@AFEX I'm gonna look at that game, ZoroGard is very versatile and I'll consider playing it too.

Back