XY Passerby Stories

98Greener

tree noises
You guys have any interesting experiences with Passerby?

I have one, but it's not as good.

It was late at night, and I was looking for a Palpitoad to breed for competitive purposes. The GTS had its usual, Arceus for X, Celebi for X, etc etc.

I gave up after a short while. I set my shout out saying "LF: Palpitoad."

Fast forward a couple days. I'm training my team, and suddenly Passerby Alex wants to trade with me. I accept, and he offers me a Palpitoad, level 30. Excited, I bring up a Tropius I had caught a while back. He declines. Offer again, this time a Mawile. Decline again.

After this continues, he cuts me off from the trade. I'm about to tap the trade button again, when I see his shout out: "Shinys pls. :)"

Needless to say, I felt pretty down. He had that Palpitoad...

On the bright side, I finally traded with someone over the GTS, and now I'm raising a Tympole named Warrt.

So, passerby story thread. Yeah.

Random traders are morons anyway.

When you trade on the GTS, you can filter out the Arceus for X traders by selecting that you don't want to include people searching for special Pokemon. This will exclude all idiots who put their stuff up for event-only Pokemon that can't be traded on the GTS.

Sometimes passersby put up fights, but I've gotten so many people who don't even have real teams that I've pretty much stopped altogether.

Moved to VG News & General Discussion, since this is specifically about the games, not the Pokémon franchise as a whole.

I've had a few Passersby want to start battles or trades with me, but I always decline. I would feel very uncomfortable battling or trading in a situation where I can't effectively communicate.

I came across a player named Lindsay who requested a trade and gave me a ton of legendary Pokemon. I gave her some shinies in return but she was just giving Pokemon away. I've also had some relentless passerby send me a trade request right after I decline the previous one they sent. This went on for a good 15 minutes. Player name was Helen. They made me wanna throw my 3DS.

So some passerby asks me to trade. I accept.

He immediately offers up a shiny Magcargo. Cool, I guess, but I don't have much to trade in return. I offer a bunch of 5 IV mons, but he declines. He's insistent on trading this Magcargo though. He offers nothing else.

After a while, I get bored as I realise this isn't going anywhere. I can't match his trade. So I start offering stupid stuff.

Offer Volbeat: Rejected.
Offer Luvdisc: Rejected.
Offer Magicarp...

...!

...The trade scene begins to play. I see my Magicarp fly through cyberspace, never to return. And before I know it, a shiny Magcargo appears in my inbox.

I can't believe it.

After a while though, the novelty of owning a shiny wears off for me. I guess because I never really earned shiny Magcargo, it was just handed to me.

So the next time some random scrub asked me for a trade, I accepted.

I offered a shiny Magcargo.

He offers all he has.

Yvetal: Rejected.
Zygarde: Rejected.
Mewtwo: Rejected.
Bunnelby...

...And I part ways with my shiny. Just to give the guy the same sense of wonder I felt when the shiny Magcargo passed into my hands.

Some person on my Aquantance list (for this thread, this counts right?) named Dennis randomly sent a trade offer while at my borfriend's. He offered me a shiny Umbreon, I quickly shot up my shiny Murkrow for trade. Right after that, I freaked. It had 6iv's, Kalos born and all. Next, he offered a shiny Chandelure. I wanted it, but sadly I had nothing to trade for it, also, it was lv.100, so I wouldn't have nay fun training it.

Had a trainer around Christmas named Charels <-- Actual name did not misspell. He traded me a bunch a shinnies like 3 and around to get a few Pokemon off me by the time we were done I ended up with a lvl 100 shiny bulbasuar. -_- Needless to say I was P`ed off for being scammed.

Today I had a passerby try to trade with me. Curious with what he wanted, I accepted and watched as a shiny parasect appeared on the screen. Given that I have never owned a shiny Pokemon in all the 15 years of Pokemon (Bar the usual red Gyarados), I was pretty excited. I attempted to trade what I had (like a relatively high level Conkeldurr, a dratini, charmander, chimchar and whatever else I could offer) but he didn't want them. He offered another shiny Pokemon as well, but it was the same story. I had nothing he wanted clearly, so he inevitably cancelled the trade.

On the brighter side, I was gifted a Moltres in wonder trade, so it's not all bad ^_^

When I offer people to trade (like when they say "LF: ____) I offer, cause I got it. They decline. I feel bad.

Anyway once I hopped on my 3ds and I saw a passerby wanted a shiny poliwag. I offer it up, he shows a bunnelby. Might of had some ivs, I decline. I offer it up on again and he insist on showing every single pokemon in his box (you know without trading and your locked into the trade "waiting for other player") it got to the point where I had to turn my 3ds off. Yea. He didn't get that Poliwag

My best has to be a random person that challenged me to a battle. And....well.....
I have never seen ANYONE (even a dumber AI) attempt to use Thunder Punch on a Swampert before, or since.
Let me see, run down was like this I think:
Turn I send one I send out Skarmory and Set-Up Sandstorm, he sends a Shedninja, uses Protect and dies from Sandstorm Damage.
After losing a second Pokemon to my Wall Skarmory (I was using it for Set-Up with Spikes, basically I was testing my Sandstorm team) he takes out.
I send in my Swampert, and sweep half of his total team. I take alot of damage though, and he sends out a Monferno, I'm sitting here thinking, "Well he's gonna go for Mach Punch and take out my Swampert and then I'-HOLY (Censored)?! Did he just try to Thunder Punch my Swampert?!" Surf ended that.
Next he sends out a Reshiram, manages to get rid of Swampert, then I send out Tyranitar and Mega Evolve it, one Earth Quake and that was it.
I actually felt both sad and sorry for this person, whom I utterly trolled while in the middle of Battle Maina.
And then the Passerby's who want to trade. Well most unusual one I had was a girl who just started her game who asked to trade, so feeling generous I offer her a LOT and I MEAN A LOT of 5 IV egg move Level 1 Pokemon for her to use (including an Eevee and a Dratini) a few rarer ones as well. She took one or two but for all the others...well you know when you get some random people who name a Pokemon NO!! to show when they don't like what you offer? She had something similar, and it was a Zizagoon named "Fatty".

bacon said:
So some passerby asks me to trade. I accept.

He immediately offers up a shiny Magcargo. Cool, I guess, but I don't have much to trade in return. I offer a bunch of 5 IV mons, but he declines. He's insistent on trading this Magcargo though. He offers nothing else.

After a while, I get bored as I realise this isn't going anywhere. I can't match his trade. So I start offering stupid stuff.

Offer Volbeat: Rejected.
Offer Luvdisc: Rejected.
Offer Magicarp...

...!

...The trade scene begins to play. I see my Magicarp fly through cyberspace, never to return. And before I know it, a shiny Magcargo appears in my inbox.

I can't believe it.

After a while though, the novelty of owning a shiny wears off for me. I guess because I never really earned shiny Magcargo, it was just handed to me.

So the next time some random scrub asked me for a trade, I accepted.

I offered a shiny Magcargo.

He offers all he has.

Yvetal: Rejected.
Zygarde: Rejected.
Mewtwo: Rejected.
Bunnelby...

...And I part ways with my shiny. Just to give the guy the same sense of wonder I felt when the shiny Magcargo passed into my hands.

HAHAHA

do you remember any stats of said Magcargo?

I got one from a random passerby some time ago xD...

I once was challenged and didn't see that No Restrictions was the rules. I had to face level 100s while most of my Pokemon were at level 50. The only thing I had that could effectively fight was a level 100 Latios that I have had since RSE and a level 100 Volcarona. I still almost won KO'ing 4 of their Pokemon and having another one about to get KO'd.

I only used Wonder Trade once, but..One time when I had just started a new game, I caught two Fletchling. One of them I actually planned to use (I got bored and deleted this file, though), and one of them I caught because I needed three party members to play the Pokemon Amie minigames. After I got Froakie and the Fletchling I was going to use for battle to max affection, I decided to get rid of the spare Fletchling through Wonder Trade (I hadn't reached Santalune City yet, so I didn't have PC access). In return for a level 2 or 3 Fletchling, I received a level 39 Bergmite. I felt bad for the other person having received a throwaway in exchange for this, so when the other person requested a trade, I traded back their Bergmite (I got a Conkeldurr in return).

Thing is with me I dont mind trading with passerbys but the anoying thing is on gts trade I search for a pokemon like a kadabra because I realy want Alakazam in my pokedex but every time I search I get people searching for celebi a pokemon you get for using pokebank or victini I have one but some one traded it over to me . I just dont get why people are looking for a pokemon that is given out on a event and cant trade over on gts.

Back