Discussion Partners with Fates Collide Wormadam?

wulfboy15

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone. I'm trying to get back into the game after a long hiatus and I just got a bunch of Fates Collide packs. Two pokemon that really caught my interest were the Trash and Sandy cloak wormadams, though I have no idea what would go well with them.

Wormadam – Metal – 100 HP
Stage 1 – Evolves from Burmy

[M] Strike Back: 20× damage. This attack does 20 damage times the number of damage counters on this Pokémon.

[M][C][C] Iron Head: 60+ damage. Flip a coin until you get tails. This attack does 20 more damage for each heads.

Weakness: Fire ×2
Resistance: Psychic -20

Wormadam – Fighting – 110 HP
Stage 1 – Evolves from Burmy

[F] Sand Spray: 30 damage.

[C][C][C] Twin Bursts: 60+ damage. If Mothim is on your Bench, this attack does 60 more damage.

Weakness: Grass ×2
Resistance: none
Retreat Cost: 2

I'll be using one or the other, and both can do some considerable damage, I'm just not sure what to put with them for the most part.

If you look at the Mothim from Fates Collide, it has an ability that says:

Wormadam First
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move 1 damage counter from 1 of your Wormadam to another of your Pokémon.

You could maybe do something with a focus sash on the Fighting type and then move them all to the Metal type and then hit for big damage. It's an interesting idea.

Back