parents that play

Chatot Brains

I didn't do it!
Hey everybody! ive heard some people saying that they have parents that play the tcg. i dont have parents like that and i wanted to know how it feels so anyone that has parents that play please tell me. Thanks!

I have a mom that started playing a couple of months ago.(Dad doesn't like to play.)She is still new but she is getting the hang of playing down.

It's really fun seeing her learn to play better.She started playing at regionals because my little brother had to do a black belt test.He didn't want to miss out on getting prizes so mom agreed to play in his place.

At a prerelease tournament that I went to I saw 2 kids, both of their parents, and their grandpa all playing together.

I thought it was pretty cool.

My mom started playing along with me waaay back in Base Set. We stopped playing for awhile and about 2 years ago we have gotten back into playing. Its pretty nice having someone at home thats always willing to play a game with you. And heck, its great that she is willing to pay for most of the cards we buy or else I dont think I would be playing at all. We have tried to get my dad to play as well, but he doesnt seem to like it or understand it all that much.

My brother (who is 7, and not a parent) is learning how to play, and it is fun to watch him grow and get better. I wish my parents played, because I feel like a nERd when I explain things to them, or have them do paypal stuff for me.

thats awsome all of you again i wish my parents played but they are too busy and think its too childish and i think my dad wants me to quit soon because im allready 12 but there is no way that im quitting anytime soon

Haha, I'm 18 and going strong. No, my parents don't care at all, I'm self-sufficient, pay for my own cards, do my own bidding, etc.

And no, the only playing that my parents did was teach my dad how to play against me way back when I was a wee lad.

I just turned 15 this May, so as soon as I can drive, I won't ask to go to Target anymore...and I'll be driving the minivan...and paying for gas...I don't wanna drive no more pops...lol Actually, but then we will have our Civic (hybrid) and I'll get to drive that around town! And 18 year olds should play pokemon, because if they do, it makes it cooler for everyone else!

Back