• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Palossand/Wobbuffet

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Palossand-GX, in my opinion, is very much playable, hear me out. I'm determined to make this my main post-rotation deck. Primal Groudon attacked for 4 Energy while hiding behind Wob, and Palossand could actually hit for some large damage when comboed with techs like Regirock-EX. This is my very, very, provisional take on a deck using the Pokémon.

Pokémon: 15
4x Sandygast
3x Palossand-GX
3x Regirock-EX
3x Wobbuffet
2x Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers: 35
4x Professor Sycamore
4x N
4x Acerola
2x Guzma

4x Puzzle of Time
4x Ultra Ball
2x Field Blower
3x Choice Band
3x Bodybuilding Dumbbells
3x Float Stone
1x Special Charge
1x Super Rod

Energy: 10
4x Strong Energy
4x Double Colourless Energy
2x Fighting Energy

Strategy: Use Wobbuffet as a wall to shut down opponent's abilities (we can still use Lele) while we set up our Palossand's and get down our Regirocks. Then, retreat Wobbuffet and start smashing with Palossand.

Fighting-type weakness is pretty big in the meta: we have Drampa-GX, Tauros-GX, Darkrai-EX and Tapu Koko-GX, all of which will be OHKO'd.

This is, primarily, a deck that tries to prevent your opponent from taking prizes. The Bodybuilding Dumbbells (I preferred Muscular but oh well) in combination with the Acerola should make it very hard for Palossands to be KO'd.

I was in love with this card the moment I saw it! Palossand also happens to be one of my absolute favourite Pokémon, and I knew that I had to make it work in a deck. I had the same reaction to Decidueye but several hundred people got there first. Now I'm just holding out for Malamar-GX!

Energies can end up lost in some way, so you can try fitting in Carbink and Carbink Break to accelerate energy on to Palossand.

Hows the matchup look agasibt Garbasor /espeon, which i keep seeing is gnna be heavily played post rotation. Wob doesnt hurt it much and item list herr is but heavy to where could be in troubke with OHKO trashalanche. Special conditions mighy be more used thus coming rotation as well and doesnt seem you have way to remove them outside or acerola and retreating.

Even with 2 Strong Energies, a Choice Band and 3 Regirock-EX on the bench, you're only hitting for 200. That's three special energy attachments on a non-basic that doesn't have the luxury of the Barrier Ancient Trait and gets knocked out by a single First Impression.

Palossand-GX is what you call a Gimmick.

First of all the damage cap is not high even with Strong Energies and Regirocks.

Second, the energy requirements. It's pretty difficult even in this slow format.

Surely the GX attack will blow something every time you use it but by the time you will be able to use it, your opponent would already be set up, so you might not discard as many mons as you would like.

Your opponent can just Rescue Stretcher back them making your GX underwhelming to say the least.

Even with 2 Strong Energies, a Choice Band and 3 Regirock-EX on the bench, you're only hitting for 200. That's three special energy attachments on a non-basic that doesn't have the luxury of the Barrier Ancient Trait and gets knocked out by a single First Impression.
A couple of Flying Flips may well resolve the low-damage issue. Bodybuilding Dumbbells means it survives a First Impression (albeit on the wire) as long as Golisopod has no Choice Band.

A couple of Flying Flips may well resolve the low-damage issue. Bodybuilding Dumbbells means it survives a First Impression (albeit on the wire) as long as Golisopod has no Choice Band.

Yea but got remember everyone playing 2-3 field blowers so dumbbells might not even last more than a turn if they plan to attempt a KO.

A couple of Flying Flips may well resolve the low-damage issue.
Flying Flips ain't free. You could use Multi Switch to move the DCE to the Palossand-GX, but how much space are you willing to devote to Multi Switches to ensure that you actually get one when you need it? Also, weren't you supposed to sit behind a Wobbuffet?

Bodybuilding Dumbbells means it survives a First Impression (albeit on the wire) as long as Golisopod has no Choice Band.
So instead of being a 210-HP Pokemon that does pitiful damage, it's now a 250-HP Pokemon that does even more pitiful damage.

Yeah, it's probably not going to work.

Back