ORAS OR/AS & X/Y: Which One Will You Play More?

Stephen Williams

Always training is a Never ending Struggle
When OR/AS was first announced I immediately began to prepare to move over my Pokemon from X/Y and just use OR/AS. Well now that Gamefreak has announced that there will be no patch to include the mega stones introduced in OR/AS for X/Y, has X/Y been rendered useless? I don't remember reading anything that states that all the X/Y mega stones will be in OR/AS. I mean I for one have nothing left to accomplish in X/Y, unless they add something exclusive to X/Y(which most likely won't happen, with their unwillingness to even patch the new mega stones) so I probably won't play X/Y anymore just because of this, but I would love to know your thoughts on this.

RE: OR/AS vs. X/Y: Which One Will You Play More?

I may play through X one more time somewhere in the future (I started a new game last month and haven't done anything after the first battle with Shauna), but other than that, ORAS will likely consume all my Pokemon play time until Z or whatever the third Kalos installment is. I've never been more excited for a Pokemon game than I am for ORAS, Hoenn is my favorite region, and I'm really liking the improvements and new features.

I think I'll put X&Y on the backburner and pretty much play OR/AS nonstop for a few days. At least until I beat the main story and then start trying to make a competitive team.

I'll be moving to OR/AS, I've been migrating to new games since Gen 4. c:

At this point I might as well migrate everything over to OR/AS just to get the shiny charm, but I have never seen a game rendered more useless than I have with X/Y. Don't get me wrong X/Y are great games and I love what they did for Pokemon, but given that OR/AS will incorporate new megas and hopefully the X/Y megas also, OR/AS will completely out do X/Y with the exception of trainer customization. Also now more than any other time in Pokemon games it is so much easier to move your Pokemon over to your new game with the Pokemon bank, where as with previous games you needed two systems and it was a painstakingly long process. Like I said earlier anything less than GameFreak adding something exclusive to X/Y I'm most likely done with it.

I barely play X/Y as it is, so i will definitely just be playing OR/AS. After the next "z" version, i think I'm retiring from pokemon completely, the games are starting to bore me.

I've played through X/Y twice now (once regular and once as a Wonderlocke), but I'm not really the type of person to continue to play after the main storyline and sidequests are beaten, so I haven't touched it in several months. ORAS will probably be the same, with a plain run and a gimmick run and then it'll sit until we get whatever the XY sequel will be.

So, the same, I guess?

As long as the breeding mechanics are the same, I really don't see any reason to be on x/y instead of oras.

I'll probably just use my x as an extra 30 boxes to my pokebank.

I will definitely be making ORAS my main game and play more of them. XY are great games and have introduced a great amount of new features that completely change the Pokémon games for the better, such as PSS and Pokémon Amie. That said, the post game is lacking and I personally always loved the Hoenn region most. Especially having the Secret Base back will be amazing. That way I can really "settle" somewhere in the region and make it my home. I will transfer all my battle-ready Pokémon to Omega Ruby, which will be my main game for ORAS (I'm getting both).

Same here as Drohn! X and Y are amazing, but OR/AS will be the up-to-date games. (Which are the ones I always focus on.) My main of the two will be Omega Ruby, (since Ruby was my main in Gen 3), and the only time I'll ever go back to X/Y will be if I'm shiny hunting on multiple 3DS's or if I need an item/Pokémon exclusive to X/Y.

MegaBeedrill said:
As long as the breeding mechanics are the same, I really don't see any reason to be on x/y instead of oras.

Honestly, this. As long as I can breed the same, there's no reason to continue doing anything in X/Y really. I may eventually replay X for a Nuzlocke, but other than that, it's on to the new games.

dmaster out.

MegaBeedrill said:

The only thing I can think of is the very-good-for-level-grinding Battle Chateau ... I don't know of ORAS will have anything similar.

I need some time to play omega ruby more than my y version because I've maxed out the savefile time at 999.59

FoxFire said:
MegaBeedrill said:

The only thing I can think of is the very-good-for-level-grinding Battle Chateau ... I don't know of ORAS will have anything similar.

Le wow triple battles is better for level grinding IMO.

Level grinding will always be an issue in any game, I'm pretty sure oras may have *something* for us.. hopefully.. but reguardless, if that's the case then transfer the pokemon you're leveling up, and transfer back. Maybe we will just use x/y as a breeding game. (Kinda ashame all my shinies won't have the same OT on oras now.. but what can ya do.)

Well now im confused. When the demo was hacked where the mega stones from X/Y found in the data? If not that gives me a reason to keep X/Y. I would love to be able to obtain all the stones in ORAS that way I can just use the bank to move over my mons where as if not I have to hassle my friend to borrow their ds to trade them over with their mega stones attached. Ugh I need more info.

I don't believe the demo found any items, and if they were seen in the demo's code that wouldn't indicate whether or not they can be found.

All I can say is.. finding 48 mega stones is going to keep us busy.. maybe they will either make it easier to get the megas, or perhaps they might limit which ones are found.. but just transfer them from x/y and you never need to think about that again.

MegaBeedrill said:
I don't believe the demo found any items, and if they were seen in the demo's code that wouldn't indicate whether or not they can be found.

All I can say is.. finding 48 mega stones is going to keep us busy.. maybe they will either make it easier to get the megas, or perhaps they might limit which ones are found.. but just transfer them from x/y and you never need to think about that again.

But thats just it, I would rather move my mons in bulk through the bank than one by one, which would be the case if the old stones aren't in the new game. I wouldn't mind searching for the stones again, the more i have to do in this new game the better.

Oh yeah, I forgot about one thing and that's the berry farm in x/y. However I don't see myself transfering berries one by one especially when I have only 1 3DS.. maybe just the ones I don't have to get a jump start?

Really wish there was an item bank..

I'm kind of glad there isn't an Item Bank which makes me relieved that Mega Evolution won't carry over to Gen 7. Unless ORAS brings back move tutors I don't plan on playing it depending on whether or not If I still have an urge to have a Wi-Fi Battle with someone. I've already completed the National Pokedex on X Version (with the exception of getting data for Diancie and the other unreleased Kalos Legendaries) for both the Shiny Charm and the Oval Charm.

Card Slinger J said:
I'm kind of glad there isn't an Item Bank which makes me relieved that Mega Evolution won't carry over to Gen 7.

Mega Evolution is far too big of a game mechanic for them not to carry it on in later generations.
(however, I can see it being a lot more of an on-the-side thing as opposed to an actual part of the plot)

Back