ORAS OR/AS Demo Gameplay Discussion

DanceSoldier said:
Anyone of you guys know how to get this option? o_O http://imgur.com/a/R7JKR

No one seems to know the exact reason. Some have got it in 10 playthroughs, some 20, and some haven't got it despite playing it over 20 (including me!)

The language screen referred to the games as ΩR and αS. That was neat.

Walking slowly is cool!

I teared up when the Poke Mart guy was saying goodbye to his brother who was leaving for Oldale Town, to tell new Trainers about Poke Marts. Who doesn't love a good continuity nod? :p

The May character: "Two-on-one? That's not a fair fight!" Emerald says hi. :)

The Game Freak B-team really add a lot of flair. The battle buttons are now more like icons than plain ovals, and the evolution screen has all these colors instead of a white backround.

The scientist in front of Mossdeep Space Center is an assistant to Professor Cozmo from Fallarbor! :D

Critical hit text is now in yellow. o_O

It's really neat that the demo encourages you to keep coming back. I'd recommend against marathoning your playthroughs, as things eventually get a little tedious, but yeah, very cool.

Aw, Cooltrainers are officially Ace Trainers.

Whoa, the "Random Pokemon cries while on a Route thing" is now the sneaking up on Pokemon thing? Neat!

And the scientist on one of the islands is looking for a Scanner... Loving this!

They stuck Dock in there, with his original dialogue! :D

One of the Route 104 twins one of the lost kids you have to find.

Hah! I like how the female grunt makes a pass at Steven, and he's just nonchalant about it.

I'm really loving the graphics and how bright the colors are. The dialogue is pretty witty as well.

I'm loving the dialogue, especially those aimed at Steven. Pretty boy? And the female grunt that flirts with him. Fun!

And is the Cowboy special? He can't be battled, learned that on the second mission when I cleared without talking to him, and he talks about something secret.

The graphics are great, I love how bright the colors are. And as much as I miss the roller blades, sneaking around is a feature I've been hoping for some time.

ema said:
I'm loving the dialogue, especially those aimed at Steven. Pretty boy? And the female grunt that flirts with him. Fun!

And is the Cowboy special? He can't be battled, learned that on the second mission when I cleared without talking to him, and he talks about something secret.

The graphics are great, I love how bright the colors are. And as much as I miss the roller blades, sneaking around is a feature I've been hoping for some time.
His name is Aarune. He's a new character that explains secret bases to you in ORAS. He can be battled in the main game; he was a Flygon.

EDIT: I meant that he has a Flygon, not that he was one XD

His name is Aarune. He's a new character that explains secret bases to you in ORAS. He can be battled in the main game; he was a Flygon.

EDIT: I meant that he has a Flygon, not that he was one XD

Ok, thanks! The dialogue makes more sense now.

[split] OR/AS Demo Distribution

So, I guess Mega Steelix is Japan exclusive.... *sniff* well... At least I got my Aunt Arctica now I suppose...

This demo is so scripted it's almost painful. No catching Pokemon, no items except for the ones they give you, you can't even enter damn buildings. Honestly if it weren't for Mega Glalie it wouldn't even be worth the trouble, and he's not even that great either.

The demo's visuals are stunning! Being able to basically walk around in a grid-free way was really cool to experience. Also the animations of the over world characters are a very nice touch, and don't even get me started on the music from Mossdeep perfect elevator music. My main concern is the heavy lag with all the Megas, which hopefully is resolved in the full game.

Roller blades are coming back! You just don't have them the demo. If you move with the D-pad, the touch screen goes a little darker like in XY when you take the roller blades off.

Bolt the Cat said:
This demo is so scripted it's almost painful. No catching Pokemon, no items except for the ones they give you, you can't even enter damn buildings. Honestly if it weren't for Mega Glalie it wouldn't even be worth the trouble, and he's not even that great either.

Gotta agree with this. It got old pretty fast for me. If there isn't really anything to do aside the same stuff over and over again past the 10th completion, I don't see a reason to come back to it.

It's kinda boring. Also the little news lady on the bottom screen is annoying me can i switch her out or something?

xayshade said:
It's kinda boring. Also the little news lady on the bottom screen is annoying me can i switch her out or something?

No. You will be able to in the full game, as you can switch it out for other features not available in the demo.

Bolt the Cat said:
Well, you get what you paid for. Actually, you got more than what you paid for (nothing). I'm not disagreeing with what you said about it being so bare, but at least pretend to be happy? The demo did have new features and a beach that looked like the Bahamas. I loved the graphics and think that town was a great place for the demo. It gave a little taste of the water, mountainous area, and man-made area like the launch pad. :D

Carpey said:
Bolt the Cat said:
Well, you get what you paid for. Actually, you got more than what you paid for (nothing). I'm not disagreeing with what you said about it being so bare, but at least pretend to be happy? The demo did have new features and a beach that looked like the Bahamas. I loved the graphics and think that town was a great place for the demo. It gave a little taste of the water, mountainous area, and man-made area like the launch pad. :D

You do know the only reason it's in mossdeep is so you can't leave the place? :p

Reggie McGigas said:
Is every Pokemon here shinylocked? If so then that is literally the only bad thing about the demo (besides not catching pokemon)

Dude, what if you ran into a random shiny? While it would have been nice to be able to catch a shiny Glalie or Steelix, I would be miserable if I ran into a wild shiny in the grass and unable to catch it.

I have tried the demo and although customization is cut I have to say the graphics are superb and while they have taken the liberty of personalizing our characters away, they have built on the default look of the game and I feel were able to intrigue me of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire sufficiently and its possibilities whilst also giving me a sense of looking forward to playing the game (when I was questioning the purchase of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in the first place).

I especially enjoyed getting sneak peeks at the mega-evolutions of the starters as well as the Mega Glalie that came as a reward for playing the demo. I think I've only done 10 play-throughs of the demo as well, but from my understanding as you complete more play-throughs new missions unlock, new rewards, etc. I tried doing all the play-throughs in a marathon but eventually burned out after having similar quests as the ones before, I may revisit the demo though if anyone has found new things of interest that can be unlocked after more repetitions (not rewards but more of getting new pokemon other than the starters and Glalie.)

Back