• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard One Tech Deck

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
Probably too clunky, and unfortunately I lack the cards to create the deck for TCGO. It's a really fun deck and when it works it plows over almost anything pretty easily.

I've used it at a few local events with some solid results, but here is the list:

Pokemon:
3 x Cosmog (SUM)
1 x Cosmoem (SUM)
2 x Solgaleo GX (SUM)
1 x Lunala GX (SUM)
1 x Fomantis (SUM)
1 x Lurantis GX (SUM)
2 x Eevee (SUM)
1 x Umbreon GX (SUM)
1 x Espeon GX (SUM)

Trainers:
4 x Trainers Mail
4 x Ultra Ball
4 x VS Seeker
4 x Max Potion
2 x Rare Candy
2 x Super Rod
2 x Acro Bike
1 x Rotom Deck
1 x Professors Letter

Supporters:
3 x N
2 x Professor Sycamore
2 x Wally
1 x Lysander

Stadiums:
2 x Silent Lab
1 x Parallel Cities

Energy:
4 x Rainbow Energy
4 x Metal Energy
2 x Dark Energy
2 x Psychic Energy

General Strategy:
Solgaleo for primary attacker/tank if facing a EX/GX heavy deck. Lurantis GX/Umbreon for primary attackers against basic focused decks. With the ability to manipulate rainbow energy with Lunala, and the max elixers, you can literally move around energy and heal up almost any pokemon and then immediately have them ready to go again. The Dark energy is just there to use energy evolution for Eevee. I'm considering stepping down to two metal energy and up to 4 psychic for better manipulation, but I'm hesitant because of how good solgaleo is as a primary attacker. Plus you can use Lurantis to pull the discarded energy out of discard and have solgoleo ready to go again next turn.

I know it's a lot of one of tech cards, but with the rotom deck I honestly haven't had a whole lot of trouble with this.

Garbador gives it a little trouble, but not as much as you might think. Vileplume poses an issue as well, but as long as you have Umbreon, you can usually get rid of it fairly quickly.

Decidueye can be troublesome if they get out first turn and can start picking off your Cosmogs before you can Wally/Rare Candy, but even then it's always been a really close match.

Last edited:
Some minor tweaks after a few more local get togethers. I would love to hear anyones thoughts! Any ideas for improvements/changes would be awesome. I know the deck seems weird and clunky, but it actually has a lot more synergy than you would think.

Looking forward to some theory crafting!

Deck Changes:
Pokemon (15):
4 x Cosmog (SUM)
2 x Cosmoem (SUM)
2 x Solgaleo GX (SUM)
1 x Lunala GX (SUM)
1 x Fomantis (SUM)
1 x Lurantis GX (SUM)
2 x Eevee (SUM)
1 x Umbreon GX (SUM)
1 x Espeon GX (SUM)

Items (22):
3 x Trainers Mail
4 x Ultra Ball
4 x VS Seeker
3 x Max Potion
2 x Rare Candy
1 x Super Rod
2 x Acro Bike
1 x Rotom Deck
2 x Professors Letter

Supporters (8):
3 x N
2 x Professor Sycamore
2 x Wally
1 x Lysander

Stadiums (3):
2 x Silent Lab
1 x Parallel Cities

Energy (12):
4 x Rainbow Energy
3 x Metal Energy
1 x Dark Energy
1 x Psychic Energy
3 x DCE

The biggest flaw I've found with your deck is how much your prize cards will screw you over. Moving around energy with Lunala-GX is amazing but it doesn't do you any good if that card is prized. You might have a Lurantis-GX in your hand, but you can't play it on your bench because Fomantis is prized. I think you need to decide what kind of deck you want since there is no deck that can counter everyone else.

The biggest flaw I've found with your deck is how much your prize cards will screw you over. Moving around energy with Lunala-GX is amazing but it doesn't do you any good if that card is prized. You might have a Lurantis-GX in your hand, but you can't play it on your bench because Fomantis is prized. I think you need to decide what kind of deck you want since there is no deck that can counter everyone else.

Actually, the deck kind of changes strategy based on what I have available. I've only had one game where I had a bunch of stuff prized along with Rotom Dex, and I still managed to pull out a win vs M Mewtwo (Though he did have a rough start himself). If you manage to get the dream setup with all 5 GX out at the same time, it just steamrolls. Literally plows over anything. It may not be a deck that can win regionals, but it's a lot of fun to play, and is surprisingly flexible. The worst prizes I've ever had was both Eevees, Fomantis, Lunala and two trainers at once. I don't remember what the trainers were at this point.

Do you have the cards to make this deck on TCGO? I wish I had everything I needed. I just barely have any cards on TCGO.

Back