• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard On Budget Volcanion/Turtonator Deck

Shiny Misty

Aspiring Trainer
I hope this is alright to post here, as I am new, but I wanted to make a Volcanion/Turtonator deck, but I am not sure what to add onto it, as I haven't been in the loop for the cards in about a few years.

This deck also is on a budget, so I can't afford to get 4 Lele or things like that.
The budget is complicated. I am unemployed with no real source of income myself, (and relying on my mother or gifted gift cards). I will try to snatch deals if I see them, but the more expensive the card is, the harder it is to find a deal.
(Lele is, at the moment, completely out of my budget, for example, however, I can manage to get a Max Elixir or two if I can find a good enough deal).

Pokemon: 13
(4) Volcanion EX - Steam Siege
(3) Turtonator GX - Guardian Rising
(2) Volcanion - Steam Siege
(2) Ho-Oh GX - (Burning Shadows)
(1) Remeraid - (XY–BREAKthrough)
(1) Octillery - (XY–BREAKthrough)
Trainers: 33
Items: 10
(4) Ultra Ball
(2) Max Elixir
(2) Field Blower
(1) Enhanced Hammer
(1) Switch​
Tools: 6
(4) Fighting Fury Belt
(2) Float Stones​
Stadiums: 2
(2) Brooklet Hill​
Supporters: 15
(3) Guzma
(3) Kiawe
(2) Professor Sycamore
(2) Cynthia
(2) Lusamine
(2) N
(1) Brock's Grit
Energy: 14
(14) Fire Energy (basic)​

Edit: 2/28/2018
Thank-you very much for the suggestions. I finally got the deck to be 60 cards. Now...hopefully this is doable.
Suggestions are still very welcome, as I am worried I may have to little of something, to much of something else, maybe am missing something still.

Thank-you in advanced for reading, and I hope you all have an amazing day.

Last edited:
Maybe add some max elixirs? I see you have Kiawe, but those max elixirs will help spread some of that energy around.

I would go with the Octillery personally. The OP is running Brooklet Hill so Remoraid is searchable. As for what to offer, I would definitely max out on the Kiawe obviously. Look at some decks here http://www.pokegoldfish.com/metagame/standard#paper Great source for looking at lists and even has the prices.

It would also be helpful if you define what kind of budget you are on. If you can afford the Elixers, it would be helpful.

Nice and straight forward.maybe add some nest balls as you're only using basics. Still keep some ultra balls as maybe you'll need to discard some fire energy or you don't want to bench it straight away (or even discard useless cards to thin the deck, for instance E hammer if the opponents not playing special energy)

Thank-you everyone for the helpful feedback. I was super nervous posting here, feeling like a total outcast without knowing the ins and outs of the card game as much as I use to.

My budget is...well, I guess complicated. I feel I can afford Max Elixirs (or at least 2 of them) but Lele is honestly out of the question unless I get lucky in seeing one in a lot or something.

I'll update the list on the first post to add what you guys suggested (and the link provided) because, for some odd reason, some of the cards I knew were important (like Switch, Fighting Fury Belt, even Ho-Oh GX) I just kind of forgot to add on there.
whoops.

Again, thank-you kindly for helping out.

Don't mention it. We were all new at some point and I was the same way when I first posted. Maybe it is just me but I would scrap the Sycamores for 2 more Cynthia's.

Back