Playthrough Nuzlocke 2: Black in Time

Dialkia198

Too lazy to put something new here
Well, after a long time, I have started up the sequel to my first successful Nuzlocke, A White 2 Egg-Locke. For those of you that haven't already, I'd recommend reading that first so you can fully enjoy this run. Without further ado, let's begin!

"Breaking news! Strange rifts have been appearing all across the Unova Region. Nobody knows why they are here, or where they will pop up next. Now back to Bob with the weather."

1: You may only catch the 1st Pokemon you find in any area. If you fail to catch it, too bad.
1A: Dupes Clause: If the Pokemon is registered as caught in the Pokedex, you may either choose to skip it and find another encounter or just catch it anyway.
1B: Because of the mysterious rifts appearing all over the Unova region, the encounters for Route 3, Relic Castle, Chargestone Cave, Icirrus Moor, Route 18, and Victory Road have been changed. What they have been changed to depends on what the viewers think it should be.
1C: Gift Pokemon count as the catch for the area.
1D: Roaming legendaries do NOT count as a catch for the area.
1E: Shiny Clause: If a Pokemon is Shiny, I may catch it, but I cannot use it unless it is my 1st encounter.

2: If a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must be permanently boxed. The only exception is in the first battles with Cheren and Bianca - it would be really stupid if you had to start again before you had even begun.

3: Nickname each Pokemon. All names must be a reference to a game or TV show.

4: The run is not over until you eliminate all available legendaries and {SPOILER}'s team.

My name is Black. I live in Nuvema Town, where I have a pretty normal life. So when the highly esteemed Pokemon Professor Juniper sent me a letter saying that I had been chosen to investigate strange rifts in the very fabric of space and time, I was excited. I had never even left my hometown before... or had I? If I ever had, then it was probably a long time ago, because I don't remember it. But enough rambling. On with the story.

I couldn't go on a journey without the proper equipment, so the professor had to have Pokemon delivered to my house. But of course, I couldn't just take them all. I had to share the wealth. And that meant that my two "friends", Cheren and Bianca also had to get Pokemon. They weren't really my friends, they were just the only other kids in town. Anyway, the Pokemon arrived, my 'friends' came over, and I got first pick of the little creatures. Contained in 3 individual balls, I saw a Tepig, a Snivy, and an Oshawott. I decided to go for the latter. Cheren took the Snivy, and Bianca took the Tepig.
"Hey, I know what would be a good idea!" Bianca said, "Let's make these Pokemon fight and completely destroy Black's room in the process!"
"No, PLEASE don't. This stuff is very expensi- oh crud." It was too late. The battle had already begun. I sent out my new Oshawott, who prepared for a fight against Bianca's Tepig. It was very evenly matched, but Tepig gained the upper hand. Tepig started a mad charge for the wounded otter, when-
"Stop!" I yelled, "You're going to kill him!" (author's note: I actually did lose the first battle against Bianca, but I decided it would be stupid to have to start over.)
"Don't be silly, Black, Pokemon don't die in battles."
"There's a first for everything."
Eventually, the battle officially ended, and our Pokemon were healed up.
"Now that that's done, why don't Cheren and Black fight!"
"Oh brother."
The second battle was much more successful for me than the first one. Oshawott managed to defeat Cheren's Snivy, but only barely.
"See, Black? Not dead."
"Oh, shut up."
After all the fighting was done, I looked down at my Oshawott and said, "You're going to need a name. How does Inigo sound?" My Oshawott nodded happily, which I took to mean yes.
"Alright then, Inigo, let's get going."
We reached Route 1, and set out from there.

Haha, let's battle and completely destroy Black's room in the process! :D Nice writing. But I didn't understand the rifts. You'll explain 'em later, right? :)

Pineapple X said:
But I didn't understand the rifts. You'll explain 'em later, right? :)

Well, it's mostly just an excuse to have non-Unova Pokemon. But story-wise, yes, there will be an explanation.

While walking through Route 1, I caught a small but playful Lillipup, who I named Odie. Then, I continued on to Accumula Town. There seemed to be some kind of a gathering going on in the town square. It all seemed to be around a man with long green hair and some weird guys in hoodies.
"I am here today," the green-haired man said, "to talk to you about Pokemon Liberation."
The crowd remained completely silent.
"As you know," the man continued, "Pokemon are our friends and partners. But you must ask yourself, 'Have we gone too far?' Every day, Pokemon are pushed around by rambunctious young trainers who care about nothing more than winning battles. Is there anybody here who would suggest that that is the right thing to do?"
Once again, silence.
"I implore you, stop the fighting. Let the Pokemon be free!" The people in hoodies got into a formation around him and they all walked away.
"Could... could they be right?" a voice from the crowd said.
"Nah, if Pokemon wanted to leave, they would've." Said another voice. There was a murmur of agreement from the crowd, who quickly dispersed. The only people who were still there were me and another boy.
"Your Pokemon..." he said, "Just now, it was saying-"
"Stop right there," I responded, "everybody knows that Pokemon don't talk."
"Oh." he frowned, "Then you can't hear it either. That's too bad. Perhaps I shall need more proof. Allow me to hear your Pokemon's voice again - in battle!"
He released a Purrloin from one of the Pokeballs at his belt. Likewise, I sent out Odie, whose raw power stopped the cat in its tracks. It was quite possibly the easiest fight I had fought yet.
"Nicely done," the boy said,"Now, what is your name?"
"Black. And how about you?"
"You may call me N."
"N? That's it?"
"If you had a name like Natural Harmonia Gropius, wouldn't YOU rather be called N?"
"Ah, I see."
"Well, in any case, goodbye, Black. Perhaps our paths will cross again."
He walked away.
I looked at N with suspicion. I had a strange feeling that this wasn't the last time I'd be seeing him.

---------------------------------------------

What N had said kept nagging at me as I continued my journey. Could Pokemon really talk? Finally, I decided to put that to the test.
"Inigo, can Pokemon talk?"
"Yes, but humans can't really understand."
I continued on walking, until my brain loaded and I realized what happened.
"You can talk?!"
Inigo looked surprised as well. "You can understand me?!"
I nearly fainted from the shock.
"That's... pretty amazing."
"I know."
"Wait, if you can talk, then that means... Odie! C'mere, boy!"
Within seconds, the Lilipup came prancing up to me.
"I am here, Master! Am I a good doggie, Master?"
"Yes, you are, Odie." I turned to Inigo. "If Pokemon can talk, then why isn't it common knowledge?"
He shrugged. "I guess some people just don't know how to listen."
"Yeah, that sounds about right, but... why me?"
Some things that the writing didn't exactly cover: catching a Purrloin named Tom, who is currently backup, defeating Bianca, and defeating Cheren at the trainer school.

Also, the rules say that one of the rifts has caused the encounter for Route 3 to change. What should it be changed to? {note: please try to make it something that makes sense for the area, so nothing like Barboach or Heracross.} If nobody responds, I'll just use a random number generator to decide.

Route 3 is after Striaton, right? You could maybe get Zigzagoon. Or a Jigglypuff? Both sound Route 3-ish to me. :D

But good writing again. I love how you always have that one part that makes me smile. :)

Pineapple X said:
Route 3 is after Striaton, right? You could maybe get Zigzagoon. Or a Jigglypuff? Both sound Route 3-ish to me. :D
Yeah, those do sound about right. I think I'll probably go with Zigzagoon.

As we strolled through the Dreamyard, Inigo asked,"So, remind me, why are we here?"
"From what I've heard, the Gym Leader here has Pokemon of a much higher power level than any we've faced before. We need all the training we can get."
"Okay, but aren't we here to investigate those rift thingimawhatsits, not challenge gyms?"
"The next rift is in Route 3, and we need the Gym Badge to be let through to there."
"Master is so smart!"
"Heh, thanks, Odie."
Just then, a man came running up to me and said, "Excuse me, what Pokemon did you start your journey with?"
"Well, uh, he's-"
"Ah, an Oshawott! Then this will certainly be of some help to you." He placed a Pokeball with a fire insignia on it in my hand and ran off without saying a word.
"...That was pretty weird."
"Yeah, totally. In any case, let's open the Pokeball and see what's inside."
I popped open the ball, and a small red primate materialized on the ground beside me.
"Hey there, what's your name?"
"Umm, my name is Roy, sir."
"Roy? That's a nice name."
Roy paused and stared for a moment.
"Wait, you can understand me?!"
"*Sigh* Here we go again..."

-A few minutes of explaining later-

"..and so, while we have no idea why, Black can undoubtedly communicate with Pokemon."
"Wow, that's pretty amazing."
"Well, in any case, we've pretty much cleared this area out, so let's start training for the gym!"

-Many hours later-

"Master, I can't feel my face!"
"*pant, pant*I.. I don't think I can take much more of this..."
"Black, if we do any more training, we'll get a job at the Goldenrod Magnet Railroad!"
"Geez, it was only a few levels. But I think we're ready for the gym now."

----------------------------------------

After clearing out a few gym trainers, I arrived at a platform where 3 fancily dressed men stood.
One of them yelled, "Trainer! For your challenge today, you will be facing the Gym Leader Cilan!" The member of the trio with green hair stepped up.
"Let's get this show on the road." I said.

ROUND 1: INIGO VS. LILLIPUP
Cilan's Lillipup didn't even manage to do any damage. It just used Work Up, while Inigo blasted away at it with Water Gun.

WINNER: INIGO

ROUND 2: ROY VS. PANSAGE
This round went just as well as the first. All Pansage did was Vine Whip and Work Up, allowing Roy to have an easy victory with Incinerate.

WINNER: ROY

"Great job, team!" I shouted.
"Congratulations, Trainer! For your victory, we award you with the Trio Badge!"
I had know idea of knowing it at the time, but I had just set in motion a chain of events that would eventually change the world as I knew it.
Things not covered- Beating Team Plasma at the Dreamyard.

The team so far:
Inigo/Oshawott lv. 13
Odie/Lillipup lv. 13
Roy/Pansear lv. 14

The very next day, I set out to Route 3 to examine the rift. But I was quickly cut off by the arrival of a familiar face.
"Uh, hey Cheren."
"Hey, Black. Guess you heard about the rift this way too, huh?"
"Yeah."
"Say, how about a quick battle?"
"Well, alright, but-"
"Great! Go, Snivy!"

-One Massive Beatdown Later-

"What a bother. I just can't seem to beat you, Black."
"Maybe if you had actually trained between our previous battle and now, it would've been different!"
At this point, two of the guys in hoodies from a few days ago ran past. Bianca was a few yards behind them.
"Wait... come... back... thieves..."
"Bianca, what's happened?"
"Oh, it was just terrible! Those two men stole a little girl's Pokemon!"
"Well, let's go get it back."
The men had reached an abandoned mine, and were hiding out in there.
"Ready?" Cheren asked.
"Ready."
We burst into the cave. One of the thieves came out of the shadows, and said, "What's all this, then?"
"Give us back the Pokemon you stole."
The thief smiled.
"Stole? That's a rather harsh word, don't you think? I believe the word you're looking for is 'liberated'."
"What do you mean?"
"We members of Team Plasma are dedicated to creating a perfect, ideal world, and that means separating Pokemon and trainers who would abuse their powers."
"But the little girl wasn't doing anything wrong!"
"We members of Team Plasma also don't like to discriminate between bad people and good people."
Cheren sighed. "Well, looks like this bothersome bunch isn't going to listen to reason. Let's just fight them, shall we?"
"We members of Team Plasma love fights! Go, Patrats!"
Simultaneously, the thieves all released a Patrat onto the field. In response, I sent out Odie.
"YOU BULLIES!" he yelled, picking up one of the Patrats in his mouth and tossing it aside.
"Stealing is very, very bad! You're all bad!" Odie rammed head-first into another Patrat, smashing it into a wall.
"People like you make me want to barf all over someone's carpet!" He smashed into another one. The last Patrat scampered away in fear.
"Now get out of my sight, you evil snot-brains!" At this point, Odie started glowing. He grew a bit bigger, got a large droopy mustache on his face. He had evolved into a Herdier.
"Oh." one of the Plasma members said.
"Crud." said another.
"Now will you give us that Pokemon back?"
"Fine.." the second member said. He reached into his pocket, took out the girl's Pokeball, and put it in Cheren's hand.
"But remember!" he said, "Team Plasma could strike again, any time, at any place. Be prepared for a revolution."
The Plasmas disappeared in a puff of smoke.
"Well, that's that," Cheren said, "I'm gonna go return the Pokemon. By the way, your dog seemed pretty angry there."
"Well, yeah, he uh-" I remembered that Cheren couldn't hear what Pokemon said, and would probably think I was insane if I mentioned it.
"Never mind."
"See you later, Black."
I turned around to follow him outside, when suddenly-
"Umm. Excuse me?" It was a little Woobat.
"Yeah? What is it?"
"M-my name's Florina, an- eep!" The little thing froze in place. It had obviously just realized I could understand her.
"Yes, I can hear what you say. It's a very long story."
"A-anyway, I thought what you did there was very brave. I'd l-like to join your team, please."
"Sure."
Inigo popped out of his Pokeball.
"Finally, we've got a lady on this team! Hey there!"
"Eep!" Florina froze up again.
I sighed and said, "Great, now look what you've done."
"Oh, so it's my fault that the girl is easily startled?!"
I sighed again. Why did my starter have to be like this with females? Red never had to deal with this with his Pikachu!

-------------------------------

After trekking out of the cave and back down the road, I reached a path through the undergrowth. If I was correct, this would lead me to the rift. And sure enough, after some hiking, it did! The rift was much bigger than I expected it to be - it was a giant hole in the fabric of space, stretching about 7 meters long and 7 meters high.
Suddenly, I heard a rustling noise in the bushes around me. The plants parted, revealing...
"A Zigzagoon?!"

Now, before, I continue, you must first understand that it is a well known fact that the exotic Unova Region was only home to the equally exotic Unova Pokemon. It had been disconnected from the other regions for so long that the wildlife developed to be completely different from those of other regions. So, you can imagine my surprise when, from out of the bushes, emerged...
"A Zigzagoon?!"
"Waah! D-Don't eat me!"
I slowly stepped towards the spiky mammal.
"Easy, boy. I'm not going to hurt you."
He calmed down a little bit.
"Y-you promise?"
"Yes, I promise. Now, tell me why you're here."
"Okay, well- YOU CAN HEAR ME?!"
"Yes, I can. (Dear Arceus, this must be the 5th time I've had to explain this this week.) Now can you please move on?"
"Alright. I used to live near Route 101."
"Woah, woah, woah. Route 101's in Hoenn."
"Yeah, it is. Isn't this Hoenn?"
I shook my head.
"No, this is Unova. You're currently just off Route 3."
"Whaaat?!"
"See, that's why I was so surprised to see you. We don't have an Zigzagoons here."
"Well, that's a shame... anyway, I was just minding my own business, and then the sky opened up, and before I knew it, I was here."
"Hmmm... Might it have anything to do with that?" I said, pointing towards the rift.
"Yeah, it looked exactly like that."
"Well, then, I think we've got a new mystery on our hands. It'd probably be best if you were to come with us. I mean, no knowing how people would react if they saw you. Now, what's your name?"
"I'm Yarne."
"Okay. Now, we-!" Odie jumped out of his Pokeball right then, wagging his tail vigorously.
"Hi, new friend!" He jumped on top of Yarne.
"Aah! Get back! I-I've got sharp, pointy teeth, and I'm not afraid to use them!"
"Oh, brother. Odie, return."

--------------------------------------

When I reached Nacrene City later that day, I once again encountered Cheren.
"Hey Black, how are you doing?"
"Fine. Listen, there's something I need you to tell the Professor. I've got a new theory on the rifts."
"Really? What is it?"
"I'm thinking they might be transporting Pokemon here from other regions."
"Really? What makes you say that?"
"This." I released Yarne from his Pokeball.
"Woah, a Zigzagoon?! Professor Juniper needs to know about this!" Cheren ran off.
At this point, I decided it would be a good idea to start training for the gym. And train we did. Inigo evolved during that time. It didn't take nearly as long as the previous training session, so I decided to go challenge the gym later that afternoon.
When we got there, I saw N just by the entrance. He seemed to see me, too.
"Hello again, Black."
"Hello, N. What a coincidence."
"I've been thinking... I want to create a future, one where Pokemon have become perfect. Do you feel the same way?"
"No. Nothing can ever become truly perfect. That's just the natural order of things."
"I see... I had hoped you would feel the same way. Perhaps my Pokemon and I can convince you!"
"Oh, great. Another battle."

-One Beatdown later-

N seemed disappointed.
"Hmm.. Another loss. I shall need more power to achieve my goals. The power.. of Zekrom, dragon of thunder!" N walked away. He was starting to seem creepier and creepier.

I finally entered the gym. I was immediately greeted by a young boy, who said, "If you wanna fight the gym leader, you're gonna have to go through me! Go, Patrat!" In response, I sent Inigo forward. But my Dewott just couldn't seem to land a hit. Fearing the worst, I switched him out for Yarne.
"Bide, Patrat!" The boy yelled. The Patrat got into a defensive stance.
Yarne used Rock Smash once, and again. But the Patrat was still standing.
"Unleash energy!" the boy yelled again. There was a glint in the rodent's eye, and it emitted a sphere of crackling energy, which was headed straight for Yarne!
"NO!" At the last second, Odie pushed Yarne out of the way. The energy ball hit Odie directly.
"Wha- Odie, no!" It was too late. The smoke from the blast cleared, and I saw him, charred and barely alive.
"Mas... ter...am I... a good d-doggie?"
"Yes," I said, tears in my eyes, "Yes you are."
Odie died right then and there.
Yarne came running towards him.
"No.. NNo, this can't be happening! You can't die because of me! I'll never forgive myself! Wake up! WAKE UP!"
"Haha!" the boy said, "Looks like your dog just got smoked!"
I slowly turned my head towards him.
"Umm, mister?" the kid said, "Why are your eyes glowing?"
"Inigo, attack that Patrat with everything you've got! DON'T HOLD BACK!"
"Gladly! THIS IS FOR ODIE, MURDERER!" Inigo jumped in the air and used his Razor Shell attack. This time, it hit its mark.

------------------------------

In the marsh near Pinwheel Forest, a rudimentary tombstone sat. On it were engraved the words:

R.I.P. Odie
The best doggie there ever was

------------------------------

I awoke early the next morning. After a vigorous training session the previous night, the gym would pay in blood today.
(Not shown: catching a Tympole named Kermit, who is boxed for now, going on the Museum tour, and a whole lot of mourning ;_;)

I find it rather weird that I'm going through all the effort to write this, and only one person's reading it ._.

Odie no! ;( Nice writing and stupid NPC's. xD

It is really a shame that only I seem to reading this. You could put a link to this into your signature, maybe?

Just a note: In a few days, I will be leaving for Greece, so don't expect any more updates for about 2-ish weeks. However, I will also probably be doing some playing there, so it would be nice to have the special rift Pokemon for the next couple areas (Relic Castle, Chargestone Cave, Route 18).

We continued on to the gym. Any trainers who challenged my team were flattened, rolled up and tossed aside (metaphorically speaking). The entrance to the gym leader's chamber was supposed to be under a bookshelf. When we finally found the bookshelf in question, I checked a rather suspicious-looking book, pulled it a little, and just like that, the obstruction moved aside, revealing a staircase.
"All right, team," I said, "Let's get going."
"Wait." Yarne said, "I have something to say."
"It was my fault that Odie died."
Roy stepped forward.
"No it wasn't, Yarne. Don't blame yourself."
"Wait, I'm not done yet! Even though his death was my fault..."
He started glowing.
"I vow that from now on, nobody will die because I wasn't strong enough. I am going to be strong enough to protect ALL of you!"
Yarne's body elongated, and his jagged, spiky fur smoothed down into a thick, lustrous pelt.
"Even though I'm deathly afraid of... well, pretty much everything... I won't let it stop me! Odie will not be forgotten!"
"Well-spoken, Yarne. Now let's beat this person and be done with it!"

----------------------------------

"Hello there, challenger. I see you've-"
"Less talk, more fight."
"Hmph. Not one for words, eh? Go, Herdier!"
I looked at the Pokemon the Gym leader had just sent out. It looked just like...
"Focus, Black! Send somebody out!"
"R-right! Gotta stick to the plan! Go, Roy!"
"I'll do my best!"
The Herdier stared Roy down in an intimidating manner.
"Heh, wrong move!" Lenora said, "Herdier's Intimidate cuts your monkey's attack!"
"Who said I was keeping him out? Roy, return! Go, Yarne!"
"An import, huh? Not like he can do anything to ol' Herdier!"
"How about THIS!" Yarne scooped up a pile of sand from the floor and threw it in Herdier's face, blinding the mutt.
"Wha- Sand attack?!" Lenora said in shock.
"Now, Yarne, Headbutt!" Yarne darted back and forth, striking from any particular side at any particular time. Meanwhile, the Herdier ran haphazardly around the room, trying to find the attacker that he could not see. He crashed into tables and bookshelves, until he got so worn out he just collapsed on the floor.
"Dang! Go, Watchog!"
"Return, Yarne! Go, Inigo!"
"Watchog, use Retaliate!"
The Watchog slammed full-force into Inigo.
"Gah! Medic! I need a medic!"
"Here, Inigo! One super potion coming right up!" I tossed a bottle full of scientifically engineered Super Potion over to my Dewott, who quickly opened and chugged down all the contents.
"Now, Inigo, use Razor Shell!" Using both of his oyster shells, Inigo charged for the Watchog, jumped up, did a barrel roll mid-air for effect, and brought his shells down on the meerkat's body. After landing gracefully on the floor, Inigo turned around and-
"What the- It's still standing?!"
"Now, Watchog, use Hypnosis!"
Watchog's eyes started turning around... and around... and around... Gosh, even I was getting sleepy! Inigo seemed to be getting the worst of it, though. Right before he fell asleep, though, he pulled out a Chesto Berry and ate it, making him completely immune to the effects of Hypnosis. Once again, he started running towards the Watchog.
"This will end it! TAAAKE THIS!"
Once again, Inigo lifted both shells in the air, and brought them down on Watchog. This time, it fell.
"Nice job, trainer! I bestow upon you the Basic Badge!"
"Yes! We won!"
There was a huge clamor upstairs. Someone called, "Lenora, there's an emergency! Some people just stole the Dragon Skull!"
WOW I'm lucky. I beat Lenora's Watchog with almost no trouble. That thing is notorious for ending Nuzlockes.

Good job! I like this idea of the 'rifts'. I can't wait to read the next one!

Relic Castle: Geodude (or Golett, these rifts could be used to transport things through time as well)
Chargestone Cave: Metang
Route 18: Wailmer/Vaporeon

Thanks for being active with this! I love you. xD

Dude, really nice writing again. I figured these might be good for the next routes:

Relic Castle: Baltoy / Hippopotas / Gastly
Chargestone Cave: yeah, Metang :D
Route 18: Finneon / Mudkip (why not?)

Yeah, those are my favorites. Even though I kinda like Reggie's idea of Vaporeon.

EDIT: Oh yeah, glad you took my advice for the link :D

Just a friendly reminder: Route 18 isn't just water, it's a mountainous island. The Water-types are still fine, I just wanted to make sure you knew that other types were acceptable.

"What do you mean, people stole the Dragon Skull?!"
"W-well, um, these people calling themselves Team Plasma-"
"Plasma?" I said, "Where'd they go?!"
"Well, I saw them running off towards Pinwheel Forest, but-"
"Then leave them to me!" Within seconds, I was out the door and running towards the dark and ominous woods.

----------------------------

After only a few minutes of searching, I found a trail of Team Plasma members. But each one didn't have the skull. So, I defeated them with my awesome team- oh, I almost forgot to say something. I caught a little Sewaddle in the forest. He didn't seem to be able to talk, much less give me his name, so I just named him Leif. He evolved into a Swadloon while I fought. Anyway, I was nearly at my wit's end, when I found yet another dead end.
"Grr! Where are they?"
"I-I think I can help." Florina said.
"My senses tell me that the Dragon skull is..." She glowed, grew bigger ears, and started to open her eyes.
"That way!"
"Great, let's go!"
As Florina sensed, we did find one last Plasma goon, who seemed to be burying something.
"You there. What are you burying?" I asked.
"Wha-um, nothing! Absolutely nothing! It's definitely not a rare artifact I stole or something, and if it were, I totally wouldn't be burying it so I could recover it after the coast is clear or anything like that! Nope! Not at all!"
"Cool story, bro. Give back the dragon skull."
"Over my dead body! Go, Purrloin!"
"Bug Bite, Leif!"
The Purrloin charged at Leif. Meanwhile, the leafy bug bit jumped up, landed on the cat's back, and bit. Purrloin stopped in its tracks and crumpled to the ground.
"Darn! Let's see if you can handle Patrat!"

-Repeat above fight scene, replacing the word 'Purrloin' with 'Patrat'-

"So, what was that about "Over your dead body"?"
"Eheheheh... See, I was just kidding about that part. Here, take the skull! Plasma goon is out!"
We returned the skull and headed across the bridge to Castelia City.
Yeah, I know, it's a short update, but the next one will be longer, I promise. I just need to get as much unwritten parts of the story out of the way before I leave.

Relic Castle: Trapinch, Vullaby, or Baltoy
Route 18: Absol, Gyarados, or Piplup/ prinplup
Chargestone: Magnemite/magneton, beldum/ metang, or voltorb

All right. Since there seems to be a lot of options, later today, all the suggested Pokemon for each route are going to be picked by a random number generator. Here are those suggested Pokemon:

Relic Castle: Geodude, Golett, Baltoy, Hippopotas, Gastly, Trapinch, Vullaby
Chargestone Cave: Beldum/Metang, Magnemite/ton, Voltorb
Route 18: Wailmer, Vaporeon, Finneon, Mudkip, Nincada, Tyrogue, Nuzleaf, Absol, Gyarados, Piplup/Prinplup

If there are any Pokemon you don't see on this list that you would like to have added, please, speak up! I'm not going to be doing the randomization for a few hours now.
"Black, help! Team Plasma just stole my Pokemon!"
"Not again..." Finding Team Plasma in a big city like this would be like finding a needle in a haystack. However, the Team Plasma members had obviously never taken lessons on How Not to be Seen, and were discovered quite easily. Oh yeah, and the Gym Leader Burgh was there too.
"I'll fight that wimpy-looking kid who obviously didn't defeat us single-handedly at Pinwheel Forest! You two, take Burgh!" The Grunt who was fighting me sent out a Sandile.
"Go, Leif! Use Bug Bite!"

~Repeat Fight Scene from previous chapter, replacing the word 'Purrloin' with 'Sandile'~

"Nooo! Well, you obviously won't be able to defeat another Sandile that's exactly the same level as the last one!"
"Leif, use Razor Leaf!" Leif fired off two sharp leaves that lightly grazed the Sandile on the side, causing it to yelp in pain and fall over.
"Rats! This is bad for Team Plasma! This is Plasbad!" the nameless goon said, running off into the distance, never to be seen again.
"Now let's reclaim that Pokemon."

Inside a building were 3 guys in long, ceremonial robes. One of them was the green-haired man from Accumula Town.
"Give back the Pokemon or I'll sic Leif on you!"
The green-haired man (who, according to his name-tag, was called Ghetsis) looked at Leif in disgust.
"Euggh. Here, take the Pokemon! Just keep that thing away from me!" The three men ran out the door.
"Yaaay!" Bianca, who had just suddenly appeared, said, "You got my Munna back!"
"Meet me at the Gym in five minutes." Burgh said.

~Five Minutes later~

I walked inside the gym, only to see-
"Walls of HONEY?! I'm supposed to walk through this, aren't I?"
"Yep, looks that way."
"Uuugh. Fine."

~One Period of Immense Stickiness Later~

"Hey, Burgh! Your Gym puzzle stinks!"
"Is that so? Honey walls are really ALL the rage these days. It's too bad uncultured doofuses like you just can't appreciate-"
"Umm, sorry, I couldn't hear you over my flawless victory against your lame team."
Burgh looked down and, sure enough, his bugs were lying unconscious on the floor.
"Well then. Here's the Insect Badge, now if you'll excuse me, I need to go cry in a corner and rethink my life."
"You do that. I'm going to go find new clothes, the honey ruined these."
The team so far:
Inigo/Dewott lv. 25
Roy/Pansear lv. 23
Florina/Swoobat lv. 24
Yarne/Linoone lv. 23
Leif/Swadloon lv. 25
Aaand now I'm all caught up to the gameplay :D

Nice writing again. Thanks for really being active with this. I still love you for it. xD

Looking forward to the next part! :D

The randomized results are in! They are:

Relic Castle: Gastly
Chargestone Cave: Voltorb
Route 18: Nincada

However! If your choice wasn't picked, don't be sad! The rifts for Icirrus Moor and Victory Road are still open, and most of the Pokemon suggested for the 3 most recent areas would still fit in there!

I'll probably have another update soon, so stay tuned!

Back