• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Nuclear Celesteela

Nyora

A Cat
Before I head into the list, I believe the name “Nuclear Celesteela” is actually very accurate. This deck utilizes both Celesteela CES, the literal Launch Pokémon, and Electrode-GX CES, a bomb. At least, I hope this is accurate. Anywho...

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Sudowoodo GRI 66
* 3 Voltorb XY 44
* 2 Electrode-GX CES 155
* 3 Celesteela CES 100
* 3 Dhelmise GRI 59

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 3 Professor Juniper PLB 84
* 4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 N NVI 101
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Sky Field ROS 89
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Life Dew PLF 107

##Energy - 11

* 1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117
* 4 Shield Energy PRC 143
* 1 Unit Energy {L}{P}{M} UPR 138
* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 1 Metal Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
Metal Energy can be swapped out for Lusamine {*} too, if you wish. Though I find it is incredibly hard to ever use it.

The purpose of the deck is to discard your Shield/Double Colorless/Unit/Basic Energy with Battle Comoressor, Ultra Ball, Acro Bike, etc. in your first turn so that on the next turn, you may evolve Voltorb into Electrode-GX, blow it up, and attach 5 Energy to your Pokémon! You hav a lot of options too, you can attach 4 Shield and 1 Metal/Unit/Beast Energy, 3 Shield and a DCE, 1 Shield and 2 DCE, etc.. You end up having a 140 HP Single-Prize attacker (kind of, as you are using 1-2 Prizes to power it up) that takes 0-40 less damage from attacks, a possible 40 more HP, and a lot of damage added onto the attack, up to 90, meaning you can hit the big 250, though I’ll say, it’s incredibly hard.

Card Explanations:

1 Unit Energy LPM
While never used for the reason I put it in over a Metal Energy, Unit Energy LPM does provide the possibly of ever using Dhelmise’s Anchor Shot and Electrode-GX’s Crush and Burn GX (or Electro Ball lol). They both have their uses, but are almost never used over Moon Raker. Anchor Shot, however, with a Choice Band can OHKO a Buzzwole/Buzzwole-GX for 200, so long as there is no Focus Sash or Fighting Fury Belt. Crush and Burn I’ve never had a reason to use, but I guess one day it could come in handy.

1 Metal Energy
Attacking, but you can switch it with Lusamine {*}.

1 Lusamine {*}
It’s incredibly hard to use, as you have so many cards based around discarding card from your deck, so it may be hard to avoid discarding it. However, getting the effect requirement is not too hard. A Celesteela KO’d + 2 Prizes from Electrode-GX brings them down to 3, meaning you can use it, protecting your Celesteelas for the next turn. The only problem I have with this card is that if they have Guzma, it’s sort of negated. You really want Celesteela to not get KO’d, which Lusamine helps with. So if it got Guzma’d around, you may get a Shaymin-EX Knocked Out, but Celesteela is OK, right? It’s kind of hard to judge how good this card is in this deck, as it is very situational. Is it worth it to have the possibility of being Guzma’d around to save your Celesteela?

1 Sudowoodo
I do not like Zoroark-GX. Alolan Muk/Garbodor exists, but it still helps.

I believe everything else is too easily explained to explain here.

I’m considering Field Blower in exchange for Lusamine {*}/Metal Energy, as it would helps get rid of things like Metal Frying Pan, Focus Sash, and Fighting Fury Belt, all of which make it incredibly harder to achieve KOs. I’m also considering Oricorio over Sudowoodo, though I suppose that’s more a question of what is meta that which is just better.
Also, I love the reactions I get from Friend Battles when I go to discard 3 Double Colorless Energy or Shield Energy off of Battle Compressor when people see this deck for the first time, it’s really funny.
What do you guys think if the deck? Any edits I should make? Cards to improve matchups? Trev is pretty shaky, as is Zoroark and NM without the proper techs.

eyyyy

I built this deck in standard last year, and even then it did pretty well. I won quite a few games, but it wasn't very consistent so i chose to use metagross instead.

Turned out metagross was *less* consistent. Too late, i guess.

I didn't even think of taking it into expanded. I would maybe think of running maybe a stakataka or two, because it's gx attack is useful when you can't really get an entire celesteela powered up

This is an amazing deck

Back