Speculation Now That Magiana is Revealed, Does This Mean Gen 7 is Next?

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
With the recent CoroCoro scans, we now have info on a new Pokemon called 'Magiana', A man-made Pokemon. This makes me think that we are gonna get Gen 7 next and I have evidence to back me up.

1: Masuda said there will be *NO* Pokemon Z
In an interview a while back, Junichu Masuda said that there would be no Pokemon Z, this led people to believe that we would get X2/XZ and Y2/YZ next.

2: Since Kalos was the new Kanto, then what if the next games were gonna be like Johto, you can travel to Kalos after you're done with the main game. This makes *PERFECT* since to me because it would solve all the questions Kalos had (like the power plant), the new region could also be connected to Kalos with the un-used station in the city next to Zygarde's cave (forgot the name:p)

3: In the middle of the Pokemon Go trailer, All of the main games were displayed on a timeline EXCLUDING remakes and third versions.
pokemon_timeline.jpg

This makes perfect since to me, the only thing I want to know is how we will be able to transfer Pokemon. I think there will either be a new PokeBank for 7th Gen games (hopefully future DP remakes), OR you will be able to transfer pokemon like you did in BW (Or 4th gen games if the new games are gonna be on NX which would make since why it's been so long for the Pokemon Company to announce the new games).

I personally hope that the new pokemon games will be on N3DS (more power baby). Now THAT would make the n3ds sell like hotcakes

I personally hope that the new pokemon games will be on N3DS (more power baby). Now THAT would make the n3ds sell like hotcakes

But, they'd be missing out on people who still have an old 3DS handheld (myself included). And I really wouldn't get a new handheld simply for one game.

That's not good marketing. All 3DS games released so far will work on any style of 3DS, and while yes the new 3DS sales would increase; there are other games that can do the same thing as a 7th Gen series game.

You look at R/B/Y and G/S, all would work on both a Game Boy and a Game Boy Color. Those games and Crystal work on a Game Boy Advance. Crystal was the only game that was a Game Boy Color game. The GBA games work on a DS handheld up to a DS Lite.

All the DS games work on any DS handheld, as well as any 3DS handheld. A big thing about the Pokemon games is their seemless ability to operate on multiple handheld systems. They don't just work with their native system, but have the ability to play on more technologically advanced handhelds (compared to that games' native system).

But, they'd be missing out on people who still have an old 3DS handheld (myself included). And I really wouldn't get a new handheld simply for one game.

That's not good marketing. All 3DS games released so far will work on any style of 3DS, and while yes the new 3DS sales would increase; there are other games that can do the same thing as a 7th Gen series game.

You look at R/B/Y and G/S, all would work on both a Game Boy and a Game Boy Color. Those games and Crystal work on a Game Boy Advance. Crystal was the only game that was a Game Boy Color game. The GBA games work on a DS handheld up to a DS Lite.

All the DS games work on any DS handheld, as well as any 3DS handheld. A big thing about the Pokemon games is their seemless ability to operate on multiple handheld systems. They don't just work with their native system, but have the ability to play on more technologically advanced handhelds (compared to that games' native system).
But think about it, the games would have so much more power and I myself have an n3ds, it is over 2x as powerful as the o3ds making it powerful enough to be a next gen console. I personally would LOVE to see the next games with a brand new engine on n3ds but that is just my opinion. (P.S GS wouldn't work on a regular gameboy)

But think about it, the games would have so much more power and I myself have an n3ds, it is over 2x as powerful as the o3ds making it powerful enough to be a next gen console.

But, remember, the new 3DS is powerful. But not everyone has one. Not everyone has the money to get one. They haven't started making games under the "new 3DS Banner", they all have the same 3DS-style of packaging.

Even after the new 3DS got released and was on the scene, they didn't change up anything. All 3DS games that were created before the new 3DS was released would work on it with no problem.

But, remember, the new 3DS is powerful. But not everyone has one. Not everyone has the money to get one. They haven't started making games under the "new 3DS Banner", they all have the same 3DS-style of packaging.

Even after the new 3DS got released and was on the scene, they didn't change up anything. All 3DS games that were created before the new 3DS was released would work on it with no problem.
Meh, what was the point of making the n3ds then? Seems like a waste of ninty's time to me

I don't think so, it's too soon for Gen 7. There's so much of 6th gen that feels incomplete that warrants another trip to Kalos. First there's Zygarde, which has new forms and an implied connection with Xerneas and Yveltal that is just begging to be a mascot Pokemon for a new 6th gen game. We've got other Pokemon and forms that are not yet obtainable like Volcanion, Eternal Flower Floette, and now Magiana which are connected to Kalos' lore and could also use some fleshing out. Then there's Southern Kalos, which is referenced a couple of times in XY (Volcanion is revered in Southern Kalos as a nation builder and then the map describes Kiloude City as an example of Southern Kalos life), but we can't explore any of those areas in XY, so it would make a nice, BW2-esque addition to the Kalos region. Then there's other storyline elements like Project AZOTH which are still unknown. There's more than enough loose ends to knit together another Kalos game and it would be a real shame if they skipped it.

2: Since Kalos was the new Kanto, then what if the next games were gonna be like Johto, you can travel to Kalos after you're done with the main game. This makes *PERFECT* since to me because it would solve all the questions Kalos had (like the power plant), the new region could also be connected to Kalos with the un-used station in the city next to Zygarde's cave (forgot the name:p)

I certainly hope not. Two region games seem good on paper, but they have a whole mess of problems with content and pacing, so if Game Freak were to make a 7th gen game like that we'd likely get two extremely shallow regions instead of one fully fleshed out region. Expecting Game Freak to be able to pump out two gigantic regions with double the content of the average region is just plain unrealistic.

I'm going to wager even a new Pokemon game won't save the N3DS. Sales of all of Nintendo's current gen consoles (even N3DS) are declining and the fanbase wants Nintendo to move onto stronger hardware. Game Freak should try to put 7th gen on the NX if they can.

Meh, what was the point of making the n3ds then? Seems like a waste of ninty's time to me

This isn't the first time that Nintendo has made an upgraded model of their handheld that had little to no exclusives. Remember the DSi and GBA SP? They usually do mid gen upgrades to their handhelds that include higher specs, better online, new features, etc. And those things alone are often enough to justify the upgrade's existence.

Last edited:
I just don't want there to be a gen 6.5, I hate Kalos and hope Magiana will be a 7th gen pokemon

http://venturebeat.com/2016/02/03/n...essing-about-mobile-games-and-the-nx-console/

^ http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/02/pokemon-league-schedule-hinting-at-fall-z-game

^^ Those two links... Unless Z is announced this spring for a summer release, or, more accurately, this late summer/early fall for a november/december 2016 release, the anime and games might separate in terms of generation: Anime in gen 6, and games in Gen 7... Imagine Nintendo being forced to rush the anime to the Kalos league conference so they can get the anime back in sync w/ the games in Gen 7...on the NX... With Iwata's passing, maybe pokemon Z lost their saving genius too soon, and maybe Nintendo was forced to move on to the next gen w/o any possibility of his guidance to save the third version of Kalos... As much as I hate to say this, I'll be surprised if they announce Z from the hat... because it appears that pokemon missed Iwata and his memory-fitting methods to make the memory fit perfectly w/o need for a new system and a bigger board to hold it all... As a result, either we get Kalos on the N3DS(as not only pokemon's gen 6's, but the 3DS's(as a whole) swan song) AND NX, with the NX version having enhanced graphics over the 3DS version's, or we get Gen 7...

^ The evidence is dire, but I hope it's wrong... I hope they announce Z this year, rather than TP-ing Pokemon... :(

Last edited:
At this point I can confirm the NX is a handheld and Pokemon BLANK and BLANK will be for the NX. 7th gen will be amazing and hopefully move on from the cancer called Kalos

At this point I can confirm the NX is a handheld and Pokemon BLANK and BLANK will be for the NX. 7th gen will be amazing and hopefully move on from the cancer called Kalos

Really, you can confirm what the NX is? Does your uncle work at Nintendo?

Oh gee, The GO-press presentation timeline-picture again:
--this picture was made specifically for the press-conference-presentation for a specific context ("look how far the franchise got") and nothing else, so seeing anything more than that in it is not intended and is missing the point of it.
--the reason they've left out the remakes and enhanced versions might be as simple as this: the picture would be a clusterfck with all of them on it, whereas going with just the 6 initial pairs is much clearer and gets the point across just as well.
--Assuming for the sake of argument that the picture is not just "a simplified overview of the franchise till 2016" (which IS the context, watch the presentation. emphasis on 2016, which is what the line is pointing to instead of GO or a main-game), but really does intend to imply the next main-game, then why on earth would they go out of their way to put it on the lower side, next to X&Y, instead of in the clear and empty obvious space ABOVE the timeline, that also happens to be the only logical next step considering the alternating set-up of the picture in the first place..
So summed up, all the entry is supposed to mean is the year 2016 itself, and there is definitely not a 7th gen being implied in it.

Back