• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Not Meta. Gross...(Metagross GX/Talonflame)

The Last Shaymin

Floof
HI I AM SHAYMIN GUY. I am providing you with a not meta Metagross deck.

Pokemon-17
4-Talonflame
4-Metagross-GX
4-Beldum
2-Metang
2-Tapu Lele-GX
1-Alolan Vulpix

Trainers-30
4-Professor Sycamore
3-N
3-Sophocles
1-Bridgette
4-Ultra Ball
4-Rare candy
4-Max Potion
3-Choice band
3-Professors letter
1-Field blower
1-Rescue stretcher

Energy-12
12-Metal energy

You may be looking at this like "Whaaaat is that guy thinking, running talonflame, professor's letter, and Sophocles in METAGROSS, of all decks. Buuuuut, I think it could be good. For example, if you don't have enough energy in the discard, you can professor's letter and then Sophocles to get those in the discard pile. Talonflame has a 35% chance of being in your starting hand, and if it isn't, you can just use brigette to get the aloan vulpix. I have very carefully calculated everything out so that alllll the basics in the deck have a retreat cost of one, so even if you don't start with a talonflame, you can get your Aloan Vulpix and set it up traditionally.

Last edited:
You are better off with a Brock's Grit instead of rescue stretcher.

You don't need 3 professor letters you only need to play it one time and you'll have enough energy for Metagross. Nor do you need to run sophocles to put energy into the discard pile, ultra ball and sycamore is more then enough.

You also have too low of counts for cards you need, You want a 2nd A.Vulpix and 2nd Brigette to make sure it doesn't get prized and screw you over. You also NEED 3-4 Field Blower since Metagross auto losses to Garbotoxin so you will need outs to it. I would also run a 3rd Matang because it may not be fast but it is searchable which is very useful

You don't need 3 professor letters you only need to play it one time and you'll have enough energy for Metagross. Nor do you need to run sophocles to put energy into the discard pile, ultra ball and sycamore is more then enough.

You also have too low of counts for cards you need, You want a 2nd A.Vulpix and 2nd Brigette to make sure it doesn't get prized and screw you over. You also NEED 3-4 Field Blower since Metagross auto losses to Garbotoxin so you will need outs to it. I would also run a 3rd Matang because it may not be fast but it is searchable which is very useful
The chances of the alolan vulpix being prized and not getting a talonflame start is too low to even matter. Same with the brigette. I agree with you with the field blower, so maybe -1 sophocoles and -1 prof.letter for +2 field blower.

Oh, and by the way, This is supposed to be "super turbo metagross."

The chances of the alolan vulpix being prized and not getting a talonflame start is too low to even matter. Same with the brigette. I agree with you with the field blower, so maybe -1 sophocoles and -1 prof.letter for +2 field blower.

Oh, and by the way, This is supposed to be "super turbo metagross."
The 2nd brigette is not negotiable. You have to get all your beldums out turn 1. You don't have time to just sit there using Talonflame or A.Vulpix to pluck them out of your deck and bench them the following turn. If you prize your only Brigette (which is about 10%) you have basically lost that game.

Brocks Grit can get 6 Pokemon, Stracher only gets three.
Stretcher isn't there to shuffle pokemon into the deck, its there to put a pokemon back into the hand which Brock's Grit doesn't do. Also Brock's Grit will force you to shuffle basic energy back into the deck which Metagross DOES NOT WANT.

The 2nd brigette is not negotiable. You have to get all your beldums out turn 1. You don't have time to just sit there using Talonflame or A.Vulpix to pluck them out of your deck and bench them the following turn. If you prize your only Brigette (which is about 10%) you have basically lost that game.

Stretcher isn't there to shuffle pokemon into the deck, its there to put a pokemon back into the hand which Brock's Grit doesn't do. Also Brock's Grit will force you to shuffle basic energy back into the deck which Metagross DOES NOT WANT.
Very true.
-1 Sophocles
+1 Brigette

Sorry man, maybe a single copy of Professor's Letter might help, and having Sophocles could help, but Talonflame is not a good idea. The idea behind Metagross is to set up as many of them as possible, and your Algorithm GX could do a better job than Talonflame for the entire game.

Talonflame is such a bad idea your using 4 slots for something that has a good chance of being nothing but ultra ball fodder talonflame was good in greninja cuz you ran 3 froakies and had 4/7 chance of starting it. Here you have a 4/11 chance considerably lower. Those 4 slots could be used for good alt attacks such as celesteela or even DM necrozma in a month. They could also be used for cards that will 100% of the time boost consistency even a 2-2 Zoroark gx line could be more handy. But if your set on the deck idea take out junk like letter and all the energy and pit in stuff like the all important Guzma and field blower

Back