Northern California Regionals Fall 2013

DNA said:
"Hey DNA, look at this!"
"No."
"Please?"
"No."
"Why?"
"Don't like it, don't want anything to do with it."

I never said it had anything to do with spoilers.

Why would I want to show you my epic team of new pokemon that I built since midnight?

...If that was supposed to be a joke, it wasn't funny at all.

Heading to NorCal for Regionals now! I'll bring my 3DS for limited Internet access, maybe. See you guys there!

DNA said:
Heading to NorCal for Regionals now! I'll bring my 3DS for limited Internet access, maybe. See you guys there!

Oh yeah, man. See you there.
I will be biking to the event tomorrow morning. Hooray for close proximity.

Does anyone know how Gistica is doing? He isn't responding to texts x___x

Edit: Nvm, just got in contact with him.

Well, that was an interesting day.
Universal (basically) disapproval of the new tie/incomplete system, and no second day of Swiss.
Welp, see you guys in the morning.

Went 4-4 with Darkrai. My Virisect matchup was terrible as I eventually learned. Also luck played a factor.

Most common decks I saw:

VirGen
Plasmabox (1 Thundurus max)
Darkrai / Garbodor
Blastoise
Flareonbox
Big Basics (kinda)

Virizion and Drifblim were teched into many decks, as was Frost Spear Kyurem.

How much Blastoise was there?

There were an absurd number of decks on stream that has literal auto losses to Blastoise but kept popping up again and again.

I mean, Virizion EX/Tornadus EX/Bouffalant/Mewtwo? Straight Darkrai? Seemed really odd.

Blah said:
How much Blastoise was there?

Basically none. I think I saw two guys playing it all day.

I'll be playing in the League Challenge today. See if I can't get a digit of CP.

blargh257 said:
Went 4-4 with Darkrai. My Virisect matchup was terrible as I eventually learned. Also luck played a factor.

How many Genesect did you battle?
All I wanted were Genesect and Blastoise matches. But I played DarkraiGarb for one round, LandoGarb in another round, got donked by Plasma twice in yet another round, and then straight up lost to another Plasma for my 4 loses.
Eh... 4-4 with Trubbish is fun stuff.

Blah said:
There were an absurd number of decks on stream that has literal auto losses to Blastoise but kept popping up again and again.

I mean, Virizion EX/Tornadus EX/Bouffalant/Mewtwo? Straight Darkrai? Seemed really odd.
The meta was reeeeeeeeally weird.
There were a few Blastoise at high tables, but not nearly as many as expected.

In other news, I'm sitting in the back of the room by the water fountain! Come and say hi; I'm lonely.

This has to be the strangest tournament I have ever watched. Darkrai player hitting 3 patch in one turn and the Blastoise player prizing 2 beaches for the loss. Not to mention the Big Basics/Garbodors in top 8 and a bunch of other crazy decks in stream (Landorus/Drifblim/Lefeon).

You guys have one weird state to play in o__O

Believe me, it's not normally this weird. I think we've all been a little surprised by the deck choices.

I think Israel was playing Blastoise? How'd he do? I know he made top 4 but that's all I know. (They've had me sitting guarding stands all day, so I've barely moved at all.)

Israel "Dark Patch" Sosa ( lol ) was playing straight Darkrai and beat Blastoise in the finals. He ran 1 frozen city, which is normally useless, but Jason prized 2 beach during game 2 and Israel ran insanely hot game 3 (he hit THREE dark patch in one turn).

whoo go Sosa \o/
I swear, he and Sammy are amazing players. Glad to hear he won, lucky or otherwise.

And Sosa isn't?
jk, Martinez is a cool guy too.

Okay, I'm heading home now. I have a 7 hour drive ahead of me. See you guys later!

Back