Noivern GX Deck List Ideas

Tri2attack

"Guzma for game."-every close game
Hello everyone. I want to honestly really want to make a noivern GX deck list. This is my favorite pokemon however as good as the card is, the energy cost is killing me. Please help me with this dilemma.

I assume you mean post rotation ( I made this BKP-SHL)

Pokemon: 13
3x Shining Mew SHL
4x Noibat BUS
4x Noivern GX BUS
2x Tapu Lele GX GRI

Trainers: 31
1x Brigette
4x Professor Sycamore
3x N
3x Guzma
1x Wicke
4x Ultra Ball
1x Super rod
1x Float Stone
4x Altar of the Moone
1x Kukui
3x Choice Band
1x Brigette
4x Max Elixir

Energy: 16
6x Psychic
6x Darkness
4x Rainbow

I definitely want to edit this, but for now this is the best I got

Last edited:

3x Shining Mew SHL
4x Noibat BUS
4x Noivern GX BUS
2x Tapu Lele GX GRI

1x Brigette
4x Professor Sycamore
3x N
3x Guzma
1x Wicke
4x Ultra Ball
2x Level Ball
1x Hex Maniac
3x Altar of the Moone
1x Kukui
3x Choice Band
1x Lillie
4x Max Elixir

6x Psychic
6x Darkness
4x Rainbow

This is an awesome idea thank you so much . I believe that Brigette,Level ball, and Hex are rotating. So I have a idea for 3 Nest ball and adding an alolan Muk/Garb would work

This is an awesome idea thank you so much . I believe that Brigette,Level ball, and Hex are rotating. So I have a idea for 3 Nest ball and adding an alolan Muk/Garb would work
Oh yeah forgot and I considered adding Garb for the list I probably will also you could replace Brigette with Fan Club

Thank you. This is again is very helpful. I'm so happy that my fav pokemon can have potential.

Prepare for people to hate you ;)
Yep I'm already getting hate at the deck I run in the card shop I go to. It's a Vikavolt GX/baby Vila deck. It's without bulu. I just don't like his attacks. The GX can grab energies a lot better for 1 energy and do more damage.

Yep I'm already getting hate at the deck I run in the card shop I go to. It's a Vikavolt GX/baby Vila deck. It's without bulu. I just don't like his attacks. The GX can grab energies a lot better for 1 energy and do more damage.
I was actually trying to make that, may I have the list?

Has anybody considered Noivern-GX with Garbodor(garbotoxin)? Item lock and ability lock, hitting for 80 damage per turn (with choice band). It may be a little bulky having to setup 2 stage twos, but if anyone has any ideas, I would love to here them.

3x Shining Mew SHL
4x Noibat BUS
4x Noivern GX BUS
2x Tapu Lele GX GRI

1x Brigette
4x Professor Sycamore
3x N
3x Guzma
1x Wicke
4x Ultra Ball
1x Super rod
1x Float Stone
4x Altar of the Moone
1x Kukui
3x Choice Band
1x Brigette
4x Max Elixir

6x Psychic
6x Darkness
4x Rainbow

So, I have a couple of questions/concerns for this deck list, but I'm not being critical because it looks tasty to me too.
1) I know it sounds crazy, but I think for this deck, 4 Sycamores is too much, because even though this isn't a true "stalling deck" it definitely slows the pace. With slow decks, you need to keep cards out of the discard. Plus, with VS seeker gone, you cant get supporters back if you sycamore them. So I'd lean toward 2 with this deck, but help me out.

2)I feel as if this deck could murder if you had Wally in it. If you play wally in this deck, you could end up with a turn 1 Item lock on your opponent. So maybe play 2 Wally and then lele for it. I suggest taking out kukui, cuz he doesn't do too much and taking out the 2 bridgette and putting a wally and a fan club

3)ENERGY SWITCH!!!!!! It works for lapras and can work for this too. In a perfect world, you get a noibat active and something on the bench, you ultra ball for lele, who brings out Wally, who evolves Noibat to Noivern. You attatch to Noivern in the active, elixer to lele on the bench, switch the energy to Noivern, then lock items.

4)I think that Garbodor (garbotoxin) is a must in this deck. It would kill.

Garbodor is definitely a must in this deck, especially because you can lock Field Blowers, making the Abilities go away forever. You'll want a 2-2-3 line, with the 3 being Float stone. I say you just drop the Altar of the Moone all together, since Noivern GX has free retreat, Garb will have Float Stones, and I think Mew has 1 retreat cost? I'm not sure what Mew does, but I think it is energy acceleration right? And you can take out the second Brigette and Wicke for the other two float stones. The second Brigette is overkill and Wicke is just a bad supporter since it doesn't actually give you cards.

Also, I really like hammers in this deck, especially because you really don't need as much energy. I would go 6-4 Dark to Psychic, freeing up 6 spots for 4 crushing hammers and 2 enhanced. More energy denial could be used in place of Max Elixirs, like 2 Team Flare Grunts. And I would replace the other two Elixirs with Acerolas, as it lets you pickup and fully heal your Noiverns, since they should not be able to get super massive KOs anyway with item lock slowing them down.

In Summation:
-4 Altar of the Moone
-1 Brigette
-1 Wicke
-4 Rainbow Energy
-2 Psychic Energy
-4 Max Elixirs

+2 Trubbish
+2 Garbodor (Garbotoxin)
+2 Float Stones
+4 Crushing Hammers
+2 Enhanced Hammers
+2 Team Flare Grunts
+2 Acerola

Hope this helps. By the way, this is based off of the original list that was posted, the second post on this thread.

I Think you need to keep elixers in. You need the energy acceleration for turn one item lock. You might also want to add in float stones to get noivern to the active.

I Think you need to keep elixers in. You need the energy acceleration for turn one item lock. You might also want to add in float stones to get noivern to the active.

I don't think that getting a first turn item lock will be realistic in the next format without double dragon energy. And if you're playing 3 Mew for the energy acceleration, they're going to be ciphering energy from your deck so you'll miss the elixirs anyway. Plus you'll want to be evolving asap to get the plus 140 HP so you cant get sniped by Ninetails GX.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone is still watching this, but Crimson Invasion Altaria would be great. You could get Noivern out turn 2 with no Noibat.

I forget what it is, but there's a card that lets you do the flip twice. I can't remember the name of it, but it could work with that.
Yeah, it's Victini. At that point, you're running 5 cards, assuming a 2-2 line. and that's really clunky for for a card that does you no good after turn 2, as it only has 90 hp and no good attacks. I'd rather run an extra Brigette and just be sure to get out the noibats/noiverns

Back