Help Noivern/Garb?

craig_jp

Aspiring Trainer
Hi,

So i went to my very first local on Saturday which went well. The only issue was i played a guy using Hoopa/wishiwashi/xurkitree and a whole load of energy discards. (who ended up winning the whole thing)

So i did some research and found Garb/drampa was a thing. But then i pulled a Noivern GX and its attacks sound so dirty locking the opponent out of special energy or items.

My question is, would these two be good in a competitive scene? And if so has anyone got an up to date decklist?

Because even though it was my first ever TCG match, i had nothing for that stall deck.

Hi. Here's a list I just whipped up so yeah. (Standard)

Pokemon: 18

4x Noivern GX (BUS)
4x Noibat (BUS)
1x Garbodor (GAR)
3x Garbodor (BP)
4x Trubish (BP)
2x Tapu lele GX

Trainers: 32

2x Professor Sycamore (BP)
3x N (FCO)
2x Cynthia (ULP)
2x Team flare Grunt (BHP)
2x Guzma (BUS)
2x Bridgette (BTH)

4x Ultra ball (SUM)
3x Enhanced Hammer (GRI)
2x Evosoda (GEN)
1x Field Blower (GRI)

4x Float stone (BTH)
3x Choice Band (GRI)

2x Parallel City (BTH)

Energy: 10

7x Dark Energy
3x Psychic Energy

This list is Supposed to get the Garbotoxin Garb up and ready really fast to get turn 2 ability lock and there are also a lot of float stones to keep ability lock and get your Noiverns in the active.

Hope I helped :)

PS. You can also use a 2-2 Garb split if you want

Last edited:
I really want this deck to work......trying everything, I have a problem late game clean up

I'm down to 3-2 prize cards left and then they start rolling on my after the KO the one or two Noivern

I'm item locking them (figuring they would sycamore their items) NOT the case, just holding them, so Garb does not successfully finish the game in my opinion Looking for help

I'm item locking them (figuring they would sycamore their items) NOT the case, just holding them, so Garb does not successfully finish the game in my opinion Looking for help

It will probably never work right but it could be fun to use this:

y3kGxbz.jpg

I'm working on a version of this, but my trainer counts are different.

I run 12 Dark energy and 4 psychic energy so that I can use Max Elixir to try and drop energies on the Noibats before evolving. I would increase your count of Brigettes and get rid of the cards team flare grunts.

The new Dragon Storm expansion is going to be really helpful for Noivern GX! The Zinnia Supporter card allows you to attach two basic energy from your hand to one of your Dragon Pokémon (only if one of your Mons was knocked out last turn though). Plus, the new Altaria allows Dragons to do 20 more damage. If you get a few Altaria on the bench you can start taking OHKOs and block your opponent out of special energy. I think Noivern's time to shine is just around the corner :)

The new Dragon Storm expansion is going to be really helpful for Noivern GX! The Zinnia Supporter card allows you to attach two basic energy from your hand to one of your Dragon Pokémon (only if one of your Mons was knocked out last turn though). Plus, the new Altaria allows Dragons to do 20 more damage. If you get a few Altaria on the bench you can start taking OHKOs and block your opponent out of special energy. I think Noivern's time to shine is just around the corner :)

This thread specifically talks about Noivern/Garb. You would not use Altaria at all because it's ability would be shut down. Even if you didn't use Garb, Altaria is still not going to be very viable because it is a stage 1. You aren't going to get multiples of these set up quickly and even if you do, they're just going to take up bench space. You would ideally want to have multiple Noivern/noibats set up so we can either just switch out or acerola and evolve the next one in line.

True. I got a little excited about some new Dragon support and totally ignored Garbotoxin. I still think Zinnia will help Noivern / Garb though. If a Noibat or Trubbish get KOed, you can play Zinnia to attach two energy from hand at once. I think you can still attach for turn as well. So you can essential power up a Noivern GX in a single turn.

Yeah Zinnia is definitely a different story so it could be helpful. I also think that Mystery Treasure will help out as well because it will allow you to search for your Noivern GX by discarding 1 single card. You would still play Ultra Ball, but this gives you a better chance of making sure you can get Noivern GX when you need it.

you could go for a mill approach with max potions and acerola while having garbotoxin up and running. Noivern with hammers then with a mill approach. Or for fun you could ability, and item lock then play things like handiwork and stupid cards like cedric juniper (expanded). While i am on the topic of expanded noivern I played noivern/serviper/ poision with hypnotoxic lasers and virbank city gyms etc.

Back