• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Ninetales/Amoonguss

RE: Ninetales/Ammoongus

SheNinja said:
You need 3-4 Devolution Sprays to consistently spam the Stage 1's abilities.

What would you drop for the additional 1-2?

Decided to reduce the number of Random Receiver to 1, replacing it with the 4th Devolution Spray.

Maybe drop the 2 SSU? I know why you're using them, but since they require a flip it might be worth removing them altogehter.

Darkshy said:
Maybe drop the 2 SSU? I know why you're using them, but since they require a flip it might be worth removing them altogehter.

Ideas for a replacement?

Darkshy said:
Maybe 2 more super rods for stability sake.

I doubt I'd go to 3 Super Rods. The deck has small energy costs, and running what is pretty much 4 of everything makes running Rods almost redundant. I'll try 2 for now, and mess around with the extra space I guess.

Super rod would just be used to recover any important pokemon due to knock outs or discarding anything because of Juniper.

I honestly think that Ninetales/Munna BC is more consistent, specially if you time well your flips and lasers.

DrunkSpinda said:
I honestly think that Ninetales/Munna BC is more consistent, specially if you time well your flips and lasers.

I just prefer that level of certainty when it comes to the status afflictions, Munna just seems to be another luck based card, I like the assurance from Amoonguss.

Darkshy said:
Super rod would just be used to recover any important pokemon due to knock outs or discarding anything because of Juniper.

I guess it's a matter of testing, I will see what works and what doesn't. Once I have the deck that is heh.

I'm thinking of trying Escape Rope, could work nicely if I've already used Ninetales' 'Bright Look' on something.

It's also a competent Anti-Laser/Catcher play, whilst potentially disrupting the opponent. Considering many decks aside from Eelektrik don't tend to put many Pokemon on the bench due to Catcher and Colress, it can work as a Pseudo-Catcher, considering the cheap retreat cost of Ninetales, all it takes is to retreat Ninetales to the bench, Escape Rope it out, forcing your opponent to do the same, and carry on smashing. Thoughts?

Edited the deck list. Reducing the number of N's to 3, and adding Bianca at 2. I'm thinking of adding some Mewtwo EX's to the build to give the deck an early game attacker. Need suggestions. :)

Back