XY Nickname Censoring in Pokémon X & Y

RE: Nickname Censoring in Pokémon X / Y

They're going way too far with this. They need to make the censor program a little smarter than what it is instead of banning names that happen to have letters in them that spell out an "offensive" word.

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
They're going way too far with this. They need to make the censor program a little smarter than what it is instead of banning names that happen to have letters in them that spell out an "offensive" word.

Cant you just include a space (can't remember if you can include a space :p)

You can't include spaces or dashes. It filters that in.

Which is probably why the censor is a load of bull.

Hope they patch this because this censorship is taking it way too far.

I named a Bibarel Poopiece. Didn't work... Then I tried Shtpiece. Nope. Shiatpiece? Nada. Sheetpiece? Worked. :S

Then I traded it and got a Chikorita.

MrSquarepants said:
I named a Bibarel Poopiece. Didn't work... Then I tried Shtpiece. Nope. Shiatpiece? Nada. Sheetpiece? Worked. :S

Then I traded it and got a Chikorita.

Weird.
I actually got a Budew named "poop" from WT once.
Traded it back for a Pancham.

You remember if it was foreign? Cause I cannot enter that word. Tried just poop for a Pansear to test it and it didn't go through. :\

Even worse is that Pokemon you carry in your party to use just for field moves like Surf and Strength are now known as 'HM slavs'.

(Explanation: I know a guy who tried to nickname his Bidoof and a few other things like Buizel Slave, just to distinguish them. It didn't work.)

...They really are horrible, repressive games, aren't they? And yet another guy I know nicknamed his Braixen Yiff, and it worked. I wish Pokemon would step out of its ivory tower already, and go back to how they were during D/P.

(please don't ever Google that word)

Just got a Floatzel named Geifuri. Pretty sure that's an offensive message hidden in that... lol internet.

sounds like the name of the Chef Guy Furi :)

MrSquarepants said:
You remember if it was foreign? Cause I cannot enter that word. Tried just poop for a Pansear to test it and it didn't go through. :\
I do not, actually.
I don't keep pokémon with offensive names so I got rid of it right away.

The-Kaiser said:
sounds like the name of the Chef Guy Furi :)
You mean Guy Fieri?

So when Pokebank finally goes up, what happens if I have Pokémon nicknamed "Violet" (for argument's sake) on my Black 2 and try to transfer it over Would it revert back to its usual species name? Would it not let me transfer? Would it just let me without problems...?

Chances are it just won't transfer. You'll just have to wait and see.

I got a Pokemon on Wondertrade the other day that was an F bomb. They got away with it because they added an extra "u" in the name.

Also: I nicknamed my shiny Watchog Violet because I lacked creativity at the time of capturing her. I had no problem.

Shiny Hunter Chespin said:
it's kinda dumb i mean frosslass explain that

... I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with ass, and is made up of the same letters as ass

That is already the name of a Pokemon, so I would think that it is assumed nothing inappropriate is being insinuated. If you mean that it doesn't work as a nickname, that is truly perplexing.

I wanna nick name a Pokemon Lass now and see what happens. Along with naming other Pokemon Cofagrigus. ...I also need to check if you can even find Cofagrigus through GTS.

RE: Censoring Nicknames?

The-Kaiser said:
its flagged for cencor cus : biSMUTh

if a word has a bad word within the whole thing is not allowed

and lil'asskicker works because why exactly?

Yeah, the nickname censors are excessive: I tried nicknaming a Dewgong Dudegong (Wonder Trade stuff) and apparently the word "dude" is censored (I tried naming it gong and it went just fine). I'm sure there are others, but I can't remember them right now.

Sheesh!

I cannot tell you how many times I've seen this and variants

Gayfggt
420blzitfgt
Fuuck
Poon

The list goes on and on... and those are actually a little offensive... Where as Bismuth is banned because it contains the 'polite' word for something suggestively inappropriate? Way. To. Go. Gamefreak.

Back