NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

RogueChomp said:
#1 Offense in the NFL my ass

There's no doubt the Broncos have the best offense in the league. But when you put the best offense against the best defense, you're gonna have a bad time.

Plus the Broncos defense played terribly, so there's that.

Pride said:
"Defense wins championships"

It did happen before between the Giants and the Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI with the Patroits almost beating the Miami Dolphins 1972 record for playing the perfect season with 0 losses only to get crushed by Eli Manning and the Giants impenetrable defense. Prior to the 1972 Dolphins record the Chicago Bears held that undefeated record in 1934 and 1942.

As for Super Bowl XLVIII, I think the Kansas City Chiefs could learn a thing or two about the Seattle Seahawks Defense and make it their strength for next season If they play in the same mindset they did this season although I will admit they did much better in this season's playoffs than they did in previous seasons but If they had won against the Colts this season they still probably would've had to go against the Broncos again in the Super Bowl.

RE: The PokéBeach LGBT(QIAP+) Discussion Thread

Misplaced in what way? I'm not upset or anything, I'm just trying to understand what you mean. The whole point of the post was to see this argument from the side of a Christian that actually thinks gay marriage is okay. I was mainly looking for other Christians/religious people to comment it, but it seems like this site is lacking in that department, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

As for Super Bowl XLVIII, I think the Kansas City Chiefs could learn a thing or two about the Seattle Seahawks Defense and make it their strength for next season If they play in the same mindset they did this season although I will admit they did much better in this season's playoffs than they did in previous seasons but If they had won against the Colts this season they still probably would've had to go against the Broncos again in the Super Bowl.

It's a bit harder for KC than just playing in the right mindset. What makes Seattle so threatening is not just their all-star level defense, but also the fact that their stadium is literally 20+ Decibels louder than a jet engine. It's rather hard for quarterbacks to run an offense when the stadium makes it a little bit impossible to run plays.

...also you realize both the chiefs and broncos are AFC teams right?

Did anyone see this article? Broncos LB Nate Irving is a big Pokemon fan, so much so that he stayed in the hotel room playing it while his teammates partied in NYC during the team's downtime. He's supposedly a self-described introvert, which I can relate to, and find pretty cool.

One Approved said:
...also you realize both the chiefs and broncos are AFC teams right?

Yeah I keep forgetting that the Chiefs and Broncos are in the same League Division. What I meant to say was that If the Chiefs hadn't lost to the Colts in the Playoffs they'd probably be up against the Patriots or a team like the Seahawks possibly, either way it would've been ugly for them.

That Super Bowl...was ugly. When Seattle scored that safety 12 seconds in, I told one of the guys in my dorm who I was watching it with that the safety was a bad omen for Denver.

Boy, did they get kicked in the teeth and drug all over the place. By the time they regained their senses, they were down by 22 and then give up the 2nd-half opening kickoff to add more insult to injury.

NBC Sports said:
Roger Goodell makes $44.2 million in last fiscal year

The NFL continues making money at ridiculous rates, so it stands to reason they’d spread it around.

According to Daniel Kaplan of Sports Business Daily, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell made $44.2 million in the 12-month span that ended March 31, 2013.

That includes $9.1 million in deferred pension and bonus earned the previous year.

This time a year ago, Goodell’s compensation nearing $30 million caused much grumbling, since he hadn’t made more than $11.5 million in a season before the lockout.

Of course, since then, the league keeps signing new labor deals and television deals that clearly favor the business, and his bosses clearly appreciate it.

Owners Arthur Blank, Robert Kraft and Jerry Richardson wrote in a letter to their fellow owners that is scheduled to be emailed this afternoon, which reads: “Goodell’s compensation reflects our pay-for-performance philosophy and is appropriate given the fact that the NFL under his consistently strong leadership continues to grow.”

And so does Goodell’s wallet.

Talk about overpaying.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24450260/photo-tampa-bay-buccaneers-unveil-new-helmet-and-logo

I like!!

So glad that this thread exists.

I can say loud and proud - I'm gay. And I can say that being born this way is NOT a choice. It's just a different way of developing yourself as a person. Ever since I was a kid I noticed opposite thing in terms of who are you attracted to. I most certainly wasn't given a questionaire "Circe a answer - do you want to be: a) straight or b) gay". It's ridicolous to even assume that it's a choice, because trust me that quite a part of LGBT people would choose to be "normal" like everyone else for one sole reason - easier lifestyle. Because even in this day and age, 21st century and everything, being gay is quite a challenge and difficult. Gay people can't hold hands in public, can't kiss, can't be held in arms... So if you are in a relationship and you're gay, trust me that it's difficult to say bye bye when going home and just to shake hands or wave them. It's makes you feel weird.

So being homosexual isn't a choice. It's a way you were born. If it was a choice, believe me that very large amout of people would go for an easier lifestlye. I know that personally I wouldn't. I love myself the way I am, and even if someone would give me a chance to be "normal", I wouldn't accept it. It all comes down to being yourself and loving who you are <3

Dallas won the coin flip between themselves and Baltimore. The Cowboys will now be picking 16th, being one step closer to landing either safety Calvin Pryor from Louisville or safety Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix from Alabama.

I think it's safe to say if either or both are on the board, Dallas won't be wasting much time with their selection and tab the one's that still on the board (that is if both aren't still available, which shouldn't be the case).

I would like to introduce a new topic of discussion: the need or not for LGBT oriented - but not restricted - events, namely gaming ones like "GaymerX" (this year known as "GaymerX2").
Do you feel these sort of events should exist? Do they contribute to the LGBT cause or, on the other hand, it helps set them apart from the rest of the society?

Before posting your opinion, beware that the event's target audience is indeed LGBT but they won't ask your gender, stop hetero people from entering or just discriminate someone because of being hetero. Like the event's page says: "GaymerX is the first gaming convention focused on making an awesome experience for everyone, while focusing on LGBTQ culture in gaming. There will be panels by industry leaders and AAA companies, gaming rooms, dance & concert, and even a wedding! Meet gaymers from across the world at the largest Gaymer get together in the world." from
http://www.gaymerx.com/
I think the above explanation can confirm that both heterossexual people aren't being discriminated and LGBT are being positively discriminated but since in the past I've come across some different opinions, feel free to say if you agree or not.

I have never being to a game convention or event like E3 but from watching videos about it, it's clear that, generally speaking, these events are targeted at heterossexual male people (hence the so called "booth babes" like in automobile events). That said, while these events don't discriminate LGBT people it also doesn't feel too welcoming and friendly and so I support these kind of events. I'm heterossexual and even I don't like the feel and vibe I get (like I've said, from watching videos) from events like E3, it's seems to be an environment for those from the "bro" and "dude" culture.
The marriage that will took place isn't that much related to gaming but, on the other hand, it doesn't "hurt" so I don't mind. LGBT are still frowned upon (and that's saying too little!) so events were everyone is welcomed are needed as well as to raise awareness since it sends a message that a game with a LGBT character is welcomed too.

PS: can someone explain me what's the meaning of QIAP because I've google it and found no relevant answers that could be connected to LGBT.

I believe QIAP is Queer, somethingelse, Asexual, and Pansexual. It's just an extension of the acronym.

I apologize if I get in trouble for bumping an old thread or whatever, but I have to say... I'm really glad this thread exists! It makes me so happy to see that there's more LGBTQ(ACDEFHIJKMNOPRSUVWXYZ) people on here than I thought! I love it when people can be open about their sexuality on forums without the thread burning down from a flame war. As far as events like Gaymer X go, I think they should exist. They show people we're just like them, not like the Stolen happy homicidal butt buddies from hell like some of them believe us to be.

Also the I is likely Indeterminate, when someone is neither male nor female.

So, this thread dies down when I was gone, didn't it :(

Anyway, I'm looking for the Redskins to take big steps this season, with a near-overhauled O-line, one of the best (if not best) receiving core's in the NFL, and a pro bowl RB. As long as RGIII returns to full health, which he should after shedding the knee brace, the Redskins could easily take the NFC East. Their defense is still pretty bad I will admit, but when you have an offense like that all it takes is a few stops and the game is out of hand, especially with the other pitiful defenses in the NFC East.

This season seems like a make or break season for Nick Foles. Lesean McCoy said the other day that Nick Foles will be able to play with more confidence now that Vick is gone, but I am wondering if that is a good thing. Maybe him being cautious because he knew that he could get his job taken away from him was what made him not make bad decisions last year (only 2 picks).

Dallas's schedule be not kind, and I can see a record worse then 8-8 this season. You can chalk up at least 5/6 losses (vs. SF, @ SEA, @ CHI and @ PHI/NYG/WAS), maybe tack a loss onto the games vs. Arizona.

It doesn't look pretty.

Alright so since Football is going to start fairly soon, lets pick which teams will win the divisions & the super bowl!
AFC
East- Patriots
North- Ravens
South- Colts
West- Broncos
Wild Card- Chargers & Bengals

NFC
East- Giants
North- Packers
South- Saints!
West- 49ers
Wild Card- Seahawks & Bears