NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

It is early, sure, but that is the fun it taking a guess! I think both teams have it in them to play at the Super Bowl level. We will have to wait and see.

Big time Oakland Raider fan.

I'm already considering going into hiding for the whole season.

Two close games we should have won against the Jets and New England have just destroyed me. It disappointed me.

I have been watching every game so far this season on the internet, and it's getting to the point where I dont think I am going to bother anymore. Our QB is solid, which is something that we've not had in a while. We just dont have smart receivers and NO, absolutely NO offensive line. It's disgusting.

I watched the Chiefs game last night against the Patriots and it was amazing, 41-14 sweep with a seasonal 2-2 record thus far however I thought their record was 3-1 since I assumed they only lost against the Broncos this season. I'm also a Royals fan as well too so I'm hoping they'll win the World Series this season, this is their first playoff game in 29 years since 1985 and I couldn't be more proud of my team in the last 30 years.

Well the Saints won today... Even tho they completely suck, and their only a game behind the Panthers who really suck so they might make the playoffs lol

San Diego Chargers fan. Currently 4-1, so I am gonna say not bad. Prolly going to end up doing what they do every season: make it to the play-offs, then lose horrifically in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Curious how the fan shift will happen if either the Raiders, the Chargers, and/or the Rams return to Los Angeles. I'm kinda hoping for the Chargers to move up here, because then they will be closer to me, and hopefully, Los Angeles will treat them better than San Diego. But it also looks like the Ram have a good chance at moving to Los Angeles, and if they do, they want Los Angeles to themselves. Of course, this is all speculation, behind the scenes talk, but interesting nonetheless because the NFL has a history of utilizing Los Angeles as a warning to other cities to do as they please or they will take their teams away.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24695953/raiders-still-eyeing-san-antonio-team-officials-scope-out-alamodome said:
Raiders still eyeing San Antonio; team officials scope out Alamodome
By John Breech | CBSSports.com
September 5, 2014 4:52 pm ET

Apparently, the Raiders' visit to San Antonio in July wasn't just a one-time fling. Team officials were in San Antonio on Thursday to take in a college football game at the Alamodome and the group of Raiders representatives came away "very impressed," according to the San Antonio Express-News.

The visit to San Antonio by the Raiders raises new questions about a possible new stadium deal in Oakland. Earlier this week, a representative for the Oakland mayor's office said a deal had been worked out that would give the Raiders free land in Oakland on which to build a stadium.

Under that proposed deal, taxpayers would be on the hook for $120 million of the costs in Oakland. However, that money wouldn't go toward the new stadium; it would go toward paying off money still owed on O.co Coliseum, where the Raiders and baseball's Athletics currently play.

However, the city of Oakland shouldn't be cheering yet because the Raiders officials who were at the Alamodome on Thursday said there's currently "no new deal in Oakland."

Raiders officials were in San Antonio to watch the University of Texas at San Antonio host Arizona.

Sheryl Sculley, the city manager of San Antonio, told the News-Express that her city is "still in conversations" with the Raiders.

"I'm not surprised that someone on the council [in Oakland] might make a proposal to them, but what I read in the article, it appeared that there hadn't been any discussion by the council, approval by the council, and certainly not approval by the Raiders," Sculley said.

San Antonio city councilman Ron Nirenberg said he thinks his city is still in play to land the team.

"It appears to be a textbook response from a community that is under fire for not getting their stadium situation figured out," Nirenberg said. "Until we are told that San Antonio is no longer an option for the Raiders, I believe we still have to line up all the elements that would make an NFL deal possible here."

The worst possible scenario for the Raiders would be to announce a move before the 2014 season is over. That would put the team in a lame-duck situation and fans would likely be reluctant to support a team that won't be around in 2015.

Raiders owner Mark Davis has repeatedly said he wants to keep the team in Oakland, although he seems more than happy to keep flirting with other cities. Davis did say in February that Oakland was on its "last chance" to keep the Raiders.

The Raiders' lease at O.co expires after the 2014 season, at which point the team is free to move wherever it can find the best deal.

San Antonio Raiders. The Raiders are so terrible, they'd be second fiddle to the second fiddle.

(What I mean is the Texans are the second fiddle to the Cowboys, and the SA Raiders would be the second fiddle to the Texans, just because of how terrible they are.)

I just wanted to cry after Miami's rough loss to GB. Ugh. Whoever called that timeout at 6 seconds needs to lose his job, and if it happens to be the head coach, even better. Valiant effort by the players on the last play of the game with 3 seconds left, though.

I'll be going to Soldier Field next Sunday when the Phins take on the Bears. I hope it'll be as good of a game as today's, but with a different outcome of course.

Cincinnati and Carolina played 75 minutes of game time without a winner (37-37). Boys, if you play 75 minutes and after those 75 minutes are up neither of you is the winner; then neither of you two deserved to win in the first place.

Also Dallas shocked the defending champion Seahawks in their own place (being the 2nd team to beat the Seahawks at home since Russell Wilson became their starting QB), and now travel back home to face Arizona, who beat Washington in their place 30-20.

I can not begin to explain the anger I felt yesterday when the Raiders LITERALLY threw their win against the Chargers right away. We were going to stun the best team in the AFC, and instead, we went and made ourselves look like idiots. I've officially given up on them for the year, much like I always do.

Literally everything that could have went bad for the Giants yesterday went bad. Dallas won, they got wrecked, and they lost Cruz and Cromartie.

Tails said:
San Antonio Raiders.

If they move, I doubt they would still be the Raiders.
1. Would Oakland sue to retain the name, like Cleveland?
2. After the Oilers moved, they changed their name.
3. There is the Texas Tech Red Raiders, would a second team in Texas with Raiders in the name cause issues?

RIP Cowboys Suck memes

Boys, if you play 75 minutes and after those 75 minutes are up neither of you is the winner; then neither of you two deserved to win in the first place.

Also I completely agree with this. As much as I am angered at my home team Carolina for doing this, if you couldn't beat Cincinnati in 75 minutes without AJ Green then you definitely didn't deserve the win.

As a Cowboys fan, I'm just wondering when the star in the sky is going to crash to the ground. They're a very balanced team right now, but they're risking absolutely running DeMarco Murray into the ground, so they need to keep him fresh, but still have him play at a high level.

Fratomon said:
I can not begin to explain the anger I felt yesterday when the Raiders LITERALLY threw their win against the Chargers right away. We were going to stun the best team in the AFC, and instead, we went and made ourselves look like idiots. I've officially given up on them for the year, much like I always do.

Oh that victory was so sweet. It was close, but the Raiders goofed and handed us the victory. Go Bolts!

As a Raider fan, that loss sucked, but I'm excited. We've got a fantastic rookie QB, a solid O-line to defend him, a promising wideout in Kenbrell Thompkins, and of course Janikowski and McFadden, so our offense is looking good. Our defense is...less good, but once the injuries clear up hopefully we can put together some resistance. Our HC is also less stagnant and has already had an effect by making the offense more Carr-centric, which was a great idea, evidently.

I don't have high hopes for our record, since we kind of got the short end of the stick schedule-wise, but it should at least be an entertaining/not soul crushing season.

Fins uuuuuup! That is all. Well, also, I was there at the game. My first NFL game. What a great experience! Most of the Bears fans were cool, others were poor sports and felt the need to cuss at me, but it's all good.

Dallas wins! 6-1 baby! This team is on a roll, and if they keep this up, they will be a force to be reckoned with come December and playoff time.

Back