Discussion Next set release in Japan?

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
I can't see any information on the next set for Japan, with Thunderclap being out for a week there I thought we would have some new info?

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I can't see any information on the next set for Japan, with Thunderclap being out for a week there I thought we would have some new info?
You just have to go far enough back in the news :p

On August 3rd we're getting SM7b Fairy Rise with Alolan Ninetales and Mimikyu GX (among others)
On September 7th we're getting SM8 Explosive Impact with Lugia and Blacephalon GX (among others)
On October 5th we're getting Dark Order with Hoopa Unbound, Absol and Incineroar (not known if they'll be GX or not)
And finally on November 2nd we'll be getting GX Ultra Shiny, probably a reprint set, with Zygarde, Buzzwole and Zoroark (not known if they'll be GX or not)

So yeah, there you have it :D

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
You just have to go far enough back in the news :p

On August 3rd we're getting SM7b Fairy Rise with Alolan Ninetales and Mimikyu GX (among others)
On September 7th we're getting SM8 Explosive Impact with Lugia and Blacephalon GX (among others)
On October 5th we're getting Dark Order with Hoopa Unbound, Absol and Incineroar (not known if they'll be GX or not)
And finally on November 2nd we'll be getting GX Ultra Shiny, probably a reprint set, with Zygarde, Buzzwole and Zoroark (not known if they'll be GX or not)

So yeah, there you have it :D

Wow, thank you! I am fully aware of Fairy Rise and that's the set I'm hoping to see some news on soon :D Thank you

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
I almost forgot too.
Now the last subsets have all been like regular sets, just a bit smaller and less double sets at the same date. So it's like a new Japanese set releasig every 1-2 months. Did anyone of you read/hear about what Japanese collectors and players think of this way? Also, let's see if anything changes with the international releases. Since the -a sets don't contain (that many) reprints anymore, every international set would now be huge, like 150+ cards, if it's still only one set every 3 months. One set per year like Shining Legends and Dragon Majesty will just barely be enough.

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I did notice more and more sets releasing in Japan. Personally I'd love this, if we have 'dud' set over here it turns into 6 months between sets.

19 days until Fairy Rise releases in Japan and not a single reveal, is this normal?

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Yeah, I did notice more and more sets releasing in Japan. Personally I'd love this, if we have 'dud' set over here it turns into 6 months between sets.

19 days until Fairy Rise releases in Japan and not a single reveal, is this normal?
It’s always is 3 momths a set. The only exception is when we get a mini-set.

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
It’s always is 3 momths a set. The only exception is when we get a mini-set.

"if we have 'dud' set over here it turns into 6 months between sets."

I know it's every 3 months. My point is if we have a dud set it's 6 months between getting any good cards/set. Whereas in Japan if they have a rubbish set they only have to wait another month.