New supporter idea

Sleeping Snorlax

Aspiring Trainer
First off, who misses warp point? Well I do and I used it in my old MD on decks. I was thinking the other day what the format would do with a supporter version of warp point. Would you play it? I think it would make people who run lock decks be more on edge or maybe not...

88-warp-point.jpg

It'd probably be used for the same reasons Warp and Cyclone Energy were, to switch things out of trainer locks. It would rarely, if ever, be used for disruption, too many Items that can do it.

I wouldn't use it. Simply because it's a Supporter; I'd much rather play another Supporter.

EDIT: Ninja'd. By. A. Bot.

*Arceus destroys bot post*

I think people are under thinking the possibility. It would be too broken as a catcher + switch. I'm mostly thinking about mewbox decks and google decks. Where you can't get your active out dew to a sludge drag or something of the sort.

Oh, I get it. It is a switch method under certain unbreakable locks, like a Spinarark locked Cleffa. This would be a good idea, because those locks are unhealth for the game, I think Warp Energy would a better reprint though.

Sleeping Snorlax said:
I think people are under thinking the possibility. It would be too broken as a catcher + switch.
...you realize that getting your opponent to switch and choosing what to switch are two completely different things, right?

Pokefan4000 said:
...you realize that getting your opponent to switch and choosing what to switch are two completely different things, right?

you realize that a catcher+switch supporter would be too broken?

^No it wouldn't be. This card is wasting your supporter drop. This card would be bad for the same reason that Blackbelt is, by most standards, "bad". Wasting a supporter drop on something that alters game state is huge! Supporters are usually reserved for drawing and searching. Warp Point was not broken, so just leave it as is. Making a supporter version would not only be bad, but it would be a slap in the face to anyone who is able to think about the game in a logical manner. "It helps vs trainer lock" is not a valid argument. OBVIOUSLY TRAINERS < SUPPORTERS in that matchup. Even against Vileplume, though, I would rather a warp point than this nonsense. It has power early game and it isn't a dead card in 90% of my other matchups. Wasting the supporter makes it a late game card only... which is really bad card design.

Sleeping Snorlax said:
I think people are under thinking the possibility. It would be too broken as a catcher + switch. I'm mostly thinking about mewbox decks and google decks. Where you can't get your active out dew to a sludge drag or something of the sort.

Catcher as a trainer is fine.. But if you made a supporter thats a catcher + a switch, oh no thats to broken.

I don't think it would be played either way.

Zero said:
^No it wouldn't be. This card is wasting your supporter drop. This card would be bad for the same reason that Blackbelt is, by most standards, "bad". Wasting a supporter drop on something that alters game state is huge! Supporters are usually reserved for drawing and searching. Warp Point was not broken, so just leave it as is. Making a supporter version would not only be bad, but it would be a slap in the face to anyone who is able to think about the game in a logical manner. "It helps vs trainer lock" is not a valid argument. OBVIOUSLY TRAINERS < SUPPORTERS in that matchup. Even against Vileplume, though, I would rather a warp point than this nonsense. It has power early game and it isn't a dead card in 90% of my other matchups. Wasting the supporter makes it a late game card only... which is really bad card design.

It would be too broken if you could choose who they switch to and who you switch to. I can recall countless times late game a warp point (or even a switch supporter) would be useful because I know there is nothing left in my deck to help. And actually Blackbelt isn't useless either. It all goes down to what deck you are using.

But like Blackbelt, this card is too circumstantial for good use. Best case scenario for you to be playing this card is mid game. Other than that, it's about 90~95% better to simply use a different supporter to continue your setup/recovery rather than use this suggested supporter, which would be dead weight for a huge amount of the game, if not the entire game. Cather by itself is vastly superior simply because you use a supporter to get ready for the KO that you'll pull out with Catcher. You can't do the same if you're not fully setup. Instead, if you end up having to wait an extra turn because you already dropped a Supporter, they might evolve/RC and avoid a OHKO which could be remedied from being a 2HKO by Max Potion/Switch.

Regardless of whatever deck you're using, Catcher would be better.

Sleeping Snorlax said:
you realize that a catcher+switch supporter would be too broken?
When you use Catcher, you DO choose what to switch.
When you use something like Warp Point, you DO NOT choose what they will switch.

Opponent getting to switch =\= You choosing what your opponent switches to.

Pokefan4000 said:
When you use Catcher, you DO choose what to switch.
When you use something like Warp Point, you DO NOT choose what they will switch.

Opponent getting to switch =\= You choosing what your opponent switches to.

I'm not wanting it to be a catcher + switch. I just want a warp point supporter. Read more carefully next time.

All I am wanting the card to do is be a warp point that is a supporter. If it had the capability to let you choose who your opponent switches to, it would be too broken. I know how both catcher and warp point works. I have played both cards many times.

Well, then that's my fault for misreading.
It'd be completely useless, then. The moment Warp Point is reprinted, people would use it over the Supporter version.

If its just a supporter Warp Point, then it wouldn't hurt Gothitelle very much. Warp Point is Pokemon Circulator+Switch so the Goth player would just bring up another Gothitelle unless you use it really early (and using a supporter that doesn't help you at all is not a good idea turn 2 or 3) so it wouldn't do much. Of course, G/R isn't going to win anything very big I think because of its autoloss to anything with a Mew or Magnezone (as well as a lot of trouble with a mere Bellsprout tech, which helps much more than this supporter would) so it wouldn't be enough of a contender to play this. Its basically like playing Lost Remover for Zoroark only, but if Zoroark wasn't going to be in a winning deck anyway. Plus it actually hurts Goth less than Lost Remover hurts Zoroark, so really no one would play it unless it is Catcher+Switch.

Back