New 'Sun' and 'Moon' Trailer: Alolan Professor Oak

What in Arceus' name?

Can't tell if that's Professor Oak or just a relative, that's a pretty dramatic change in style. I'm leaning towards the latter.

With a bunch of Gen 1 Pokemon getting a new form I suppose it is only natural that the Prof. gets one too.

At 1:28 the Player Customization looks so amazing :D They're starting to show us so much, I might need to abstain from trailers soon.

I'm putting my money on this Oak being either a relative or this universe's actual Oak. Since it takes place in XYORAS's universe.

Why.
Why do we need this.
You don't get a tan like that. Kukui has been on this island most likely since he was young, and he isn't the color of chocolate.
The rest of the trailer looks good. I like that you cant see Alolan Exeggutor's head when it evolves.
EDIT: I was looking at the Z-Moves at the end, and we see some cool stuff, specifically the very end, where the male trainer raises his arm, and it cuts to Solgaleo and Lunala. Could this be foreshadowing?
Also, whatever leak said Wishiwashi would be a Totem Pokémon just got a little more credible.

Last edited:
Mmmmm, Solgaleo and Lunala teaming up to fight Ultra Beasts / going through the wormhole together, mmmmmm....

With a bunch of Gen 1 Pokemon getting a new form I suppose it is only natural that the Prof. gets one too.
Oh I must have missed Prof. Mega Oak. Got to play X/Y again.
I'm putting my money on this Oak being either a relative or this universe's actual Oak. Since it takes place in XYORAS's universe.
I'm for parallel universe. Relatives don't get such different skin tones do they? Or maybe in the pokemon world things are different.

Oak has a mullet. :D And Wishiwashi is a trial captain. Cool. The trailer was absolutely epic. Can't wait for another news dump. We need another one like August 1 at the end of the month.

I need an English video of this one, pls. There are some new Z-moves that I discover but... they are in Japanese. Since the English Pokemon YouTube channel release some Japanese videos (which is translated in English), the live one, maybe they'll release a dubbed version of that one to elevate our hypeness. I'M SO HYPE!!!

It looks like Oak retired and forgot to bring sunscreen with him xD

Back