New 'Sun' and 'Moon' Pokemon Salandit Revealed!

I don't really see the Fire- type in it. I almost think it would be better as Poison/Dark, but who knows, maybe it will evolve into something with flames or a fire salamander (Which have poisons that sting really bad and feel like fire).

It's Ability is very interesting, but will other Pokemon get it is my question.

I feel like it's part fire partially for the same reason Charmander is - you know, the legend about salamanders living in fire?

Also corrosion is a pretty burn-y aspect. Acid burns yo.

I really don't like how it looks, its creepy especially when it is on all fours. However, I am glad to see its typing, I was hoping to see a fire poison type :] Love the ability and I do hope it evolves since salandits are apparently weak. Also I don't enjoy the flashing of the status condition there :/ Why not stick to the classic static box or even the B/W color on the pokemon itself?

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the steaming lava flow in the background of the video! It looks amazing! Really exciting development! Definitely gives hints that it won't be found on the first island.
That gives me hints that it'll be on the island to the right of Melemele Island. It's the only active volcano in the region, and it's not surrounded by Ice. It's probably on that one.

Really like the design on this pokémon and hopefully its evolution will be amazing as well, now I wondering if I really want to pick Litten for my first playthrought.. Love how its tail flares up when attacking.

Eh, the design doesn't appeal to me much at all. It looks really flat or something. :/

It's soooo cuuuute! Look at that sneaky widdle face! Catching it for my main party for sure, I don't care if it has bad stats.

I love the design, type combination, and ability. I feel like it needs at least one evolution, though.

So, watching this again, its first attack (excluding Toxic) looks to be Flame Burst? The second one, though, I don't have a confident guess about...it looks to be purple-ish, so maybe a Poison-type move, but it doesn't look immediately familiar. Maybe Clear Smog? Any theories or obvious bits I'm missing?

I really don't like how it looks, its creepy especially when it is on all fours. However, I am glad to see its typing, I was hoping to see a fire poison type :] Love the ability and I do hope it evolves since salandits are apparently weak. Also I don't enjoy the flashing of the status condition there :/ Why not stick to the classic static box or even the B/W color on the pokemon itself?

I may be in the minority here but I hated the coloring over the pokemon in BW while I like the way the poison box flashes in this game.

This generation of pokemon is quickly becoming my favorite as so far I'm liking every single pokemom we've got. This one in particular has become one of my favorite designs ever and has an immediate spot on my team no matter how weak it may be.

I may be in the minority here but I hated the coloring over the pokemon in BW while I like the way the poison box flashes in this game.

This one in particular has become one of my favorite designs ever and has an immediate spot on my team no matter how weak it may be.
I guess I'm in the same minority, as the flashing doesn't really bother me, and yeah, the coloring in BW was really annoying.

Salandit's design is like magma flow with its little fire pattern being the lava, explaining why it lives by a volcano! I truly love how deep in detail that Gamefreak is being with these games, which is why I'm not expecting another X and Y with these...

"Salandit females not only release toxic gas, they can also emit pheromones that attract males of all species, including Pokemon and humans. Inhaling these pheromones may cause opponents to be controlled by Salandit's will"

Well that'll make an interesting filler episode of the anime...

Last edited:
Salandit looks ok, but something seems to be missing. I guess that it means it will get an evolution or two.
It would be cool if in the end it evolved into a komodo dragon with a frill of fire or poisonous gas around its neck.
Considering the text it would seem that the females look different from the males. But would it be a "connected" evo, like Pyroar, or a split evo like Gardevoir/Gallade or Glalie/Froslass?

I like the dual typing, Poison/Fire, and its ability, Corrosion; so I might use this one in my walkthrough, if it gets an interesting evolution.

Considering the text it would seem that the females look different from the males. But would it be a "connected" evo, like Pyroar, or a split evo like Gardevoir/Gallade or Glalie/Froslass?

Maybe, but how I see it; I see Salandit operating close to Frillish; having both the Male and Female's evolve into the same creature, but have discernible visual differences for each gender.

Maybe, but how I see it; I see Salandit operating close to Frillish; having both the Male and Female's evolve into the same creature, but have discernible visual differences for each gender.
Or it could be like meowstic. Which could be cool.

I'm pretty sure it would operate in a way like Pyroar. Minor differences between the two, but they share the same form before it's fully evolved. For instance, the female Salandit releases both toxins and pheromones, so it could have a different colored toxic air coming from its neck. Not only would it distinguish the two, but it would make at least one of them look badass.

Let's not leave Hippowdon out of the gender debate (not that there's an actual debate).
It could also function like Nidoran...I still tend to think that if there had been genders in gen 1 that Nidoran F and Nidoran M would just be called Nidoran and take up one Pokedex entry. Pure speculation.
I look forward to finding out the truth about Salandit, whatever it may be.

Please tell me why this thing isn't Poison/Dark. Poison/Fire is cool and all, but it just screams "Dark type".

Back