New Pokemon Poltchageist Revealed!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new Pokemon named Poltchageist was just revealed by Pokemon in a promotional YouTube video.
It’s a Grass and Ghost-type Pokemon. Its Ability is a new one named Hospitality, where it heals a small amount of its ally’s HP when entering battle. It’s obviously related to the Polteageist line in some way. Its name appears to be based partly on “matcha” tea.
It will appear in the Scarlet & Violet DLC in the Kitakami region.

Though Ecologically Similar to Sinistea, It’s a Completely Different Pokémon
Poltchageist has a swirl pattern similar to the one that’s known to be Sinistea’s weak point. However, one thing that sets these species apart is that Poltchageist’s swirl is not its weak point.
After a target is sprinkled with some of Poltchageist’s powdery body or eats food dusted with it, Poltchageist drains their life-force and absorbs...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
The spiral on the "head" reminds me of Poli-line, which is a very nice design element. But the face borrowed from Sinistea puts it more in line with modern, overly cartoonish designs. I really wish it wasn't there, because it'd be one of the better designs of this generation.

Dont get me wrong its nice to get new forms/evos from something else than Kanto but quite feel is too early to get that much from S&S

Gen 6 only have 2 (Im couting the lines, if we count the actual number of Pokemon then are 3)
... and S&S already have 3

I don’t think that it would be a evolution of sinistea but a new line in general

The official site states that despite the resemblance to Sinistea, it’s a completely different species of Pokemon. This is pretty much exactly what Toedscool/Wiglett say, imo it pretty much confirms that Poltchageist is another convergent form

The official site states that despite the resemblance to Sinistea, it’s a completely different species of Pokemon. This is pretty much exactly what Toedscool/Wiglett say, imo it pretty much confirms that Poltchageist is another convergent form
Ah ok, cool that they are keeping up with convergent evolution

"New" Pokemon.
They really are running out of ideas. Every "new" pokemon seems to be a remake of an old one.

Yeah, have to agree here. Not everything needs a "form", specially not ones that came out like yesterday.
Hard disagree. We need a mix of things. I do want brand new unrelated Pokémon mid Gen, but there's nothing wrong with fixing the objectively worst generation of Pokémon (gen8l

It is certainly strange how many Galar mons are getting evos or new variants, despite the first DLC taking us to an area south of Sinnoh. (Kitakami is a real place it turns out, similar to how Kanto is just based on IRL Kanto.)

I highly suspect Hisuian mons will also be a big focus...

Back